View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 37  Next
 House Party Beta 0.4.0.0 (Updated 2/17/17) 
Rank 7
Rank 7

Random question, but will there be any modding potential, for those who want to make their own custom stories?

Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:45 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

NTNgear wrote:
Random question, but will there be any modding potential, for those who want to make their own custom stories?

I am keeping those types of things in mind as I move forward. Things like Personality and Dialogue are actually controlled by external files that are loaded at runtime, so it would be possible to manipulate these mechanisms, add your own dialogue conversations with triggers and everything even after compilation. For instance, just within the dialogue external resource alone, you can construct the entire character's dialogues, modify how the responses and paths modify the character's mood, interest in other characters, drunkenness, and you can even allow acceptance of quest items as a trigger when a particular dialogue is shown. I originally built these tools to make it easier for me to write storylines, but the tools lend well to modding for sure. Once the game is out and solid, I may spend more resources and time looking into modding in other areas, but right now, that would be the biggest target for customization.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:11 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

mistacorn wrote:
NTNgear wrote:

I am keeping those types of things in mind as I move forward. Things like Personality and Dialogue are actually controlled by external files that are loaded at runtime, so it would be possible to manipulate these mechanisms, add your own dialogue conversations with triggers and everything even after compilation. For instance, just within the dialogue external resource alone, you can construct the entire character's dialogues, modify how the responses and paths modify the character's mood, interest in other characters, drunkenness, and you can even allow acceptance of quest items as a trigger when a particular dialogue is shown. I originally built these tools to make it easier for me to write storylines, but the tools lend well to modding for sure. Once the game is out and solid, I may spend more resources and time looking into modding in other areas, but right now, that would be the biggest target for customization.

That's awesome to hear.

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:18 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let everybody know that version .3 of House Party has officially been released to $25.00+ supporters. This is the first version of the game that will be adhering to a new release structure where, in a month, when I put out my next release, it will trickle down and be available to $10+ supporters, then to $1+ supporters the following month, and eventually be the next public release of the game. Future versions will follow in this manner.

I took an extra week or so putting this build together since this version will be the first public release soon, and I wanted to add a little more game-play, story-line, and some Easter eggs into it. There are a few story-lines you can start to head down in this version. I plan to mostly focus on story in the next few months to come, so we can start getting a solid playable game.

Details about the release and how to get it are here:
http://games.eekllc.com/index.php/2016/ ... upporters/

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:20 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

mistacorn wrote:
Hey guys!

Just wanted to let everybody know that version .3 of House Party has officially been released to $25.00+ supporters. This is the first version of the game that will be adhering to a new release structure where, in a month, when I put out my next release, it will trickle down and be available to $10+ supporters, then to $1+ supporters the following month, and eventually be the next public release of the game. Future versions will follow in this manner.

I took an extra week or so putting this build together since this version will be the first public release soon, and I wanted to add a little more game-play, story-line, and some Easter eggs into it. There are a few story-lines you can start to head down in this version. I plan to mostly focus on story in the next few months to come, so we can start getting a solid playable game.

Details about the release and how to get it are here:

So, if I have this right, there won't be another public release until November?

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:58 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

NTNgear wrote:
So, if I have this right, there won't be another public release until November?

Yep, that's correct.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:24 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey guys!

It’s been becoming a routine to put out a video at the start of each month, and then a release toward the middle of the month, so here’s the video showcasing the new House Party updates for this month’s demo release. The demo should be available toward the middle of September with some content and engine updates.

Details are in the video:
https://youtu.be/qF4k3YWQHrY

After some content updates, this build will be made into a new demo of House Party and released to $25+ supporters, at which time, the demo I released last month will be available to $10+ supporters.

To download the latest public release of House Party, click here:
http://games.eekllc.com/index.php/category/downloads/

Enjoy!

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:53 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey guys,

I've just released House Party 3.0.1 to my $25.00+ supporters, and version 3.0.0 is now available to $10.00+ supporters. Some exciting new updates and story added to the new version! There's a lot more to do and play with, as well as some really cool engine updates.

To get the latest version of the game, visit the following link and you should be able to find instructions to get the version of the game you qualify for, or to download the latest public release if you are not a supporter.

Change Log:

Enhanced Lighting and optimized for better performance
Updated hair and created dynamic hair for some of the models.
Updated breast physics. They now respond to collisions in addition to model movement.
Updated path finding.
Added to Stephanie's storyline.
Added to Katherine's storyline.
Added to Madison's storyline.
Added to Ashley's storyline.
Added to Patricks's storyline.
Added more explorable areas and interactive items to the house.
Added touch/grab interactive hand that toggles with pressing ctr.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:23 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

it's a fun game, and it's well made.

It's a little frustrating though, as I was playing it, I always had the feeling that "you can look but you can't touch". Know what I mean?

Maybe that's what you get from playing XStory.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:38 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

joe wrote:
it's a fun game, and it's well made.

It's a little frustrating though, as I was playing it, I always had the feeling that "you can look but you can't touch". Know what I mean?

Maybe that's what you get from playing XStory.

The touching will come. :) It's still in beta. I don't know if you tried pressing Control, but it brings up a hand that you can use to interact (it's not very well implemented yet, but you can see where it's going).

Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 37  Next