View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 37  Next
 House Party Beta 0.4.0.0 (Updated 2/17/17) 
Rank 12
Rank 12

mistacorn wrote:
Hey guys! I’m happy to announce that House Party has a new version! This new build is primarily a heavy revamp on the core engine containing enhancements to gameplay mechanics including the much talked about path-finding system. I’ve fixed a ton of core issues based on a lot of user feedback, and I’ve enhanced the way the game works and feels based on what you all have suggested. There isn’t a whole lot of new content in terms of storylines, but there is actually a lot more to do because of a new system that I implemented, and there is some new eye candy for those of you interested in that. Without further ado, here’s the change log:

Fixed an issue where Stephanie gets glitched.
Fixed some issues where dialogues were closing and never re-opening.
Heavily enhanced path-finding logic.
Added a new menu for interaction.
Sparkles! Added a sparkling particle effect around items you can interact with.
Changed “look around” to right mouse control to facilitate new menu.
Created inventory GUI.
Created easy access icons to game menu and inventory.
Added a new “Inspect” aspect to the game. You can now inspect many objects around the house.
Fixed a bug where Brittney follows you around everywhere.
Enhanced eye and head movement. Characters are now more engaging.
Enhanced combat code
Removed Unity splash screen (I’m pro baby!)

This is an exciting update because the game play is getting to the point where it’s very solid, and this leaves me a lot more time to work on the story! Save feature is still missing, but it’s coming soon.

Here's the link: http://games.eekllc.com

@mistacorn Class, here's what I understand! Thank you for your efforts! And Merry Christmas!

Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:01 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

You cant open 2 door from right in kitchen, you cant open door with clothes at all now in bedroom.

Maddison is walking up in the air so she cant go trough door from the room were she and the other girls start.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:44 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

- opening and closing menu = great :)
- inspecting feature = great :)

still buggy:

- people walking in the air after interacting with them, making them unable to get through doors
- dancing girl dances into the kitchen and then even into the bedroom, making her unable to interact with
- using arrow keys and enter too fast may lead to involutary use of wrong text options... choosing the options with the mouse might be safer?!?

all in all, going in the right direction ;)

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:06 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

skidrow wrote:
You cant open 2 door from right in kitchen, you cant open door with clothes at all now in bedroom.

Maddison is walking up in the air so she cant go trough door from the room were she and the other girls start.

I see the issue. Thanks! Should be an easy fix.

As far as what can and can't be opened, that may change over time as I evolve the game. Some things just don't need to be opened, and they don't help the storyline.

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:31 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

So I had the same issue with the floating and the second cabinet from the left in the kitchen. I assumed the closet was intentional for continuity with bathroom girls story. But i had a few other odd little issues. Storylines were kind of borked. The first playthrough the dancing girl wouldn't talk to me after the introduction. I walked up to her like 9 times and got no dialogue, not sure what happened there. that same playthrough everyone in the house suddenly got mad at me after i messed up the introduction of the girl in the locked room. Not sure what caused all this, I went around the house in the start and picked up every item i could. Maybe that broke the options. So i went to "settings" start over. And it restarted but the inventory gui came up when it loaded. empty but there and "I" or escape wouldn't close it. Tried picking up items too so i could close it, didn't work so close the game completely and restarted. That did the trick. The 3rd try I tried to do everything chronologically. Got on the phone with her bf girl topless, got Madison naked and had frank beat up Patrick in the locked room and closed the door on him lol. That worked well. But the omniscient fucker still knew i grabbed alcohol in the kitchen. last time i played I got madison topless but she kept jumping straight to "We don't know eachother like that" and blowing me off. Bathroom girl was unresponsive after i agreed to embarrass Madison. I thought getting her in her panties and telling her I've seen better would work. but it was already at the point where she wouldn't progress past no shirt. I just gave up at that point. I'm pretty sure madison is the only one you can get fully naked right now anyway. A little buggy but it's coming along. the new inventory is great. I liked how when you went to the pc it would say "get a mac" and vice versa for the mac. Also the iphone, i'm guessing you plan on throwing in an adriod in future releases lol.

Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:23 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Nautica wrote:
So I had the same issue with the floating and the second cabinet from the left in the kitchen. I assumed the closet was intentional for continuity with bathroom girls story. But i had a few other odd little issues. Storylines were kind of borked. The first playthrough the dancing girl wouldn't talk to me after the introduction. I walked up to her like 9 times and got no dialogue, not sure what happened there. that same playthrough everyone in the house suddenly got mad at me after i messed up the introduction of the girl in the locked room. Not sure what caused all this, I went around the house in the start and picked up every item i could. Maybe that broke the options. So i went to "settings" start over. And it restarted but the inventory gui came up when it loaded. empty but there and "I" or escape wouldn't close it. Tried picking up items too so i could close it, didn't work so close the game completely and restarted. That did the trick. The 3rd try I tried to do everything chronologically. Got on the phone with her bf girl topless, got Madison naked and had frank beat up Patrick in the locked room and closed the door on him lol. That worked well. But the omniscient fucker still knew i grabbed alcohol in the kitchen. last time i played I got madison topless but she kept jumping straight to "We don't know eachother like that" and blowing me off. Bathroom girl was unresponsive after i agreed to embarrass Madison. I thought getting her in her panties and telling her I've seen better would work. but it was already at the point where she wouldn't progress past no shirt. I just gave up at that point. I'm pretty sure madison is the only one you can get fully naked right now anyway. A little buggy but it's coming along. the new inventory is great. I liked how when you went to the pc it would say "get a mac" and vice versa for the mac. Also the iphone, i'm guessing you plan on throwing in an adriod in future releases lol.

Hmm. Couple of odd ones in your write up. I will see what I can do to reproduce so I can correct them. Madison and Katherine are the two you can get fully naked right now. All the others (aside from Brittney) down to panties. When Madison gives you the "we don't know each other well enough" speech, it means you need to select more encouraging responses to her on the way to getting her to that point. I designed the game so that you still have to compliment the girls a bit to get them to like you to the point where they will comply. I will probably make this more clear down the line with some kind of indicator as what each girl thinks of you while you're talking to them. Katherine has an android. :)

Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:52 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

mistacorn wrote:
Nautica wrote:

Hmm. Couple of odd ones in your write up. I will see what I can do to reproduce so I can correct them. Madison and Katherine are the two you can get fully naked right now. All the others (aside from Brittney) down to panties. When Madison gives you the "we don't know each other well enough" speech, it means you need to select more encouraging responses to her on the way to getting her to that point. I designed the game so that you still have to compliment the girls a bit to get them to like you to the point where they will comply. I will probably make this more clear down the line with some kind of indicator as what each girl thinks of you while you're talking to them. Katherine has an android. :)

Katherine I could only get down to panties. I never figured out how to clear the room because dancing girl can't yet progress past whip-its, after that I could only compliment her sweet dance moves. Also there is no empty room besides the bedroom and she wont agree to follow me because she wont get signal there.

As for the "We dont know each other" response and how i got there, I tried using all the compliments multiple times than hopping back to it but it was always the same dialogue when i talked to her. I had already told patrick to leave the room, Turned up the heat, had frank knock out Patrick and had previously talked to her sister and agreed to humiliate her before dropping off her phone where she immediatly says I'll meet you in the bedroom. This was also the time she floted and got stuck on the doorframe going into the kitchen from the living room. I waited her out and she fixed herself. It was probaly just a domino effect from that bug in this version. The only time I did succeed in getting her fully nude was the time i went around and collected everything including the shoe-box from the beginning, which was bugged in other places because i was intentionally messing with frank, a good test must incvolve trying to brake the the game =) but Madison worked great that time. I'd like all the doors to be closeable so you lock everyone anywhere lol. Xstory player has spoiled me, I kept trying to grab thier clothing and tear it off :lol:

Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:00 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

This game shows a lot of promise. I would agree that Frank needs to die lol.

V.05 has some nice improvements, the first one I tried was v.04. I like the gui for worldly interactions, good job there. I noticed a few glitches though, that I would like to point out.

!. Patrick started brake dancing and wouldn't stop. Talking to him would not solve it, restarting the game was the only way.
2. I was not able to pick up the whipped cream from the fridge to give to Stephony, It was there but couldn't be selected.

For suggestions, I would highly suggest a script that would allow characters to move to one side to stop other characters from being blocked, especially in doorways.

I would also suggest a way for the player to fight in combat, mostly so that fucker Frank can be punched in the face. :lol:

Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:09 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Anaquis wrote:

V.05 has some nice improvements, the first one I tried was v.04. I like the gui for worldly interactions, good job there. I noticed a few glitches though, that I would like to point out.

!. Patrick started brake dancing and wouldn't stop. Talking to him would not solve it, restarting the game was the only way.
2. I was not able to pick up the whipped cream from the fridge to give to Stephony, It was there but couldn't be selected.

For suggestions, I would highly suggest a script that would allow characters to move to one side to stop other characters from being blocked, especially in doorways.

I would also suggest a way for the player to fight in combat, mostly so that fucker Frank can be punched in the face. :lol:

What do you mean by breakdancing?

That's odd about the whipped cream. That was the only thing you couldn't pick up?

I plan to evolve the storyline to the point where Frank gets what's coming to him. I don't know about straight out combat because it's not the main focus of the game and it takes a good deal of care to develop a good fighting system. I will more than likely come up with a humerous way to finally get him out of the picture. It actually sounds like a good bonus to put in at the end after you've completed all of your quests with the girls.

Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:33 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

mistacorn wrote:
Anaquis wrote:

What do you mean by breakdancing?

That's odd about the whipped cream. That was the only thing you couldn't pick up?

I plan to evolve the storyline to the point where Frank gets what's coming to him. I don't know about straight out combat because it's not the main focus of the game and it takes a good deal of care to develop a good fighting system. I will more than likely come up with a humerous way to finally get him out of the picture. It actually sounds like a good bonus to put in at the end after you've completed all of your quests with the girls.

@mistacorn

Welcome! Take please the music from the game at all, if this is not possible then even be in the category of "menu" insert "Volume control - or volume settings - on the main screen when entering the game = To be honest one and the same music enrages unrealistic" And again, when Frank gave lyuley = Patrick Frank begins to look kudato the wall or the ceiling upstairs with raised fists and this I noticed predotvrotit impossible because the characters nemogut full retreat after them comes close, mostly relate to Frank. And still some shortcomings: kulkakami fight in the game dosihpor impossible since many those who havent played with joystick and keyboard is inconvenient, it would be very izyaschno if you could only use the keyboard ... And 1 more Nyuans might have been and the key and a box to put on another place because the door with my terrible knowledge of English, this game has been very - very difficult and I can not understand what was happening ... I even have to use Google Translator that would at least understand what is in this delirium (No offense ) but it would be easier to make a play in free mode as the mode in X StoryPlayer? and add all sorts of toys and pipiski? I apologize for primotu but it would have increased the demand for your download this Thumbs game content ... thanks to you for your attention!

Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 37  Next