View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 37  Next
 House Party Beta 0.4.0.0 (Updated 2/17/17) 
Rank 10
Rank 10

Thanks. I am new to Patreon so pardon my ignorance. The $10.00 per month, is that something that you can cancel at any moment or how does that work. Also, will that level let me play the game in it's current state?

Tue May 10, 2016 11:11 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

cjbball00 wrote:
Thanks. I am new to Patreon so pardon my ignorance. The $10.00 per month, is that something that you can cancel at any moment or how does that work. Also, will that level let me play the game in it's current state?

Patreon you can easy cancel and it is the 1 every month they take money.

Wed May 11, 2016 8:15 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

cjbball00 wrote:

Yes, it's very easy to cancel or adjust the amount you are pledging to anybody there.

Wed May 11, 2016 1:05 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey guys,

We're getting close to having an actual game to play here. We just finished up Stephanie, and she's looking great! She's loosely modeled after Katy Perry. As you can see, with the new model, we're able to bring Stephanie to life a lot more, including the cloth physics on her dress. There's still a little tearing where the skin is showing through the dress here and there, but we'll iron that out. She's fresh out of the oven!

Here's the video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELjfLBGDHII

You'll notice that the AI and the conversations are a lot smoother, and there's a lot more interaction going on between all of the characters. The movement and path-finding scripts have also been worked on and updated, and you'll notice there's a lot less sliding around, and the movements and turning are looking a lot more natural.

Another thing to notice is that we have a gauge for Friendship, Romance, and Drunkenness. All of these factors will affect how a character interacts with you.

Let's talk about the scene a bit.

Stephanie's character loves to dance, so she hangs by the living room where the speakers are a lot. She'll sometimes still come out to mingle, but she prefers the back room and dancing. None of this is scripted however. She decides where she wants to hang out based various things.

For those of you who have played my first release, you'll notice the familiar story-line of Stephanie asking to do some whip-its.

On the way to the fridge, I see Ashley and Madison not too far away from each other. I talk to Ashley and tell her she's hotter than her sister. This increases my relationship with Ashley, but Madison overhears, and she's pissed at you now!

Notice how this changes Madison's choice of dialogue when she randomly comes up to you a little later on. She tells you find somewhere else to hang out.

We give the whipped cream to Stephanie and she goes off to dance, and then rejoins the party after a minute or so. She would stick around and dance longer, but nobody else was there, and this makes characters more likely to get bored and change locations (unless they're in a bad mood, then they prefer isolation).

From here, we're observing a little more interaction and you can really see the party come to life when all of the characters get in the same room and start interacting with each other. You'll notice however, it doesn't detract from game-play, as the character you want to talk to immediately shifts gears and interacts with you as soon as you summon them.

Madison's cooled down a bit, and you ask her about Frank. She tells you about him to which you reply "What a dick", but Frank happens to be right there and hears what you said, and decides to kick your ass. Game Over.

Supporters pledging $10.00 or more will have access to this build within the next couple of days, and as you can see, we're getting very close to a new public demo.

For more information on House Party, and the latest public release, visit the Eek! Games site here:
http://games.eekllc.com

Enjoy!

Thu May 12, 2016 1:14 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

mistacorn wrote:
Hey guys,

We just finished up Stephanie, and she's looking great! She's loosely modeled after Katy Perry.

I guess that might be a very subjective opinion. :roll:

Fri May 13, 2016 11:28 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

T0mcat wrote:
mistacorn wrote:
Hey guys,

We just finished up Stephanie, and she's looking great! She's loosely modeled after Katy Perry.

What is it that you don't like about the model? I've gotten mostly positive reviews from her on other sites.

Also, keep in mind this is the first pass on all of the models. I have a laundry list of feedback I've gotten from all of you about how to approach revamping all of the models for a second pass. This is what the plan is so far in revisiting their design:

Softer, more feminine and more attractive faces and bodies
Better cleavage when dressed
Better clothes textures
New dress for Ashley
New panties for Stephanie

If you have anything to add to that list, please let me know!

Fri May 13, 2016 12:28 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

mistacorn wrote:
T0mcat wrote:
mistacorn wrote:
Hey guys,

What is it that you don't like about the model? I've gotten mostly positive reviews from her on other sites.

Also, keep in mind this is the first pass on all of the models. I have a laundry list of feedback I've gotten from all of you about how to approach revamping all of the models for a second pass. This is what the plan is so far in revisiting their design:

Softer, more feminine and more attractive faces and bodies
Better cleavage when dressed
Better clothes textures
New dress for Ashley
New panties for Stephanie

If you have anything to add to that list, please let me know!

I think they might've been making a joke about the potential attractiveness of Katy Perry. :P

But yeah, she looks great. The resemblance is really uncanny.

Fri May 13, 2016 7:01 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

mistacorn wrote:

Well, when the talk to her option is chosen (in your video) I see a pretty girl's face in the window top left. Really cute. Would love to get physical with her...
The 3D model looks like a guy in a dress with some makeup. Nose too big, chin too pronounced... wouldn't try to score with her at a party unless I was very, very, very desperate...
But probably I'm just a special snowflake...

Sun May 15, 2016 10:29 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

So when will you finally bring actual sex into the game ?

Mon May 16, 2016 9:59 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

T0mcat wrote:
mistacorn wrote:

Well, when the talk to her option is chosen (in your video) I see a pretty girl's face in the window top left. Really cute. Would love to get physical with her...
The 3D model looks like a guy in a dress with some makeup. Nose too big, chin too pronounced... wouldn't try to score with her at a party unless I was very, very, very desperate...
But probably I'm just a special snowflake...

So you're partial to the Daz models. It's been a tough journey trying to find that balance between quality and functionality. I actually just proposed an idea to the graphics designer that might be able to marry those two and get the best of both worlds. He should be getting back to me with the results in the next couple of days, and if all goes well I will make the announcement, which given your opinion, you will be happy to hear. :)

Mon May 16, 2016 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 37  Next