View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next
 House Party Beta 0.4.0.0 (Updated 2/17/17) 
Rank 16
Rank 16

ok A few issues with this release.

I chose the 64 bit version. I'm using widows 7 64 bit with amd graphics. 1280x720 fullscreen mode

Play 1
Got madison completely naked, But when i sent frank to beat up patrick (whom I had follow me into the small back room) he knocked him out and was stuck in fighting stance, Couldn't click on him at all. So i took all the beer lol. Well that triggered the response from frank but he was still stuck. Couldn't progress so i closed.

Play 2, The font overlaps itself in 1280x720 so to make it barley readable so i decided to try 1920x1280, (same as my monitor) set it to "good", this made the game glitch out, the shadows were flashing on and off and i couldn't click on the menu at all. everything control wise was stop motion. I had to force quit with task manager because i couldn't click on the setting cog or inventory parts of the screen. I could click on people and door but not the menu layer.

play 3 Same result on Good graphics the second try

play 4, Same result on simple.

play 5 Same on fantastic

play 6 Went back to 1280x720 and the game loaded up. I decided to try one at a time this time. I tried to get madisons storyline to naked again. So we get to the point where patrick needs to be beat up (this time he is in the living room) Well somehow, patrick won the fight lol. Frank was dead on the floor and i could talk to patrick again. But i could still hear franks fight noises. that grunt lol. But he was out cold. I could grab beer from the kitchen without triggering the frank response but it was useless when trying to progress with dancing girl. I have never gotten past whip it's with her. I had all the alcohol in the house in my inventory and the only available option i had was "I'm the man with the plan.. I just don't know what that plan is yet" I have the liquor!! lol. Well gave up after that. Frank again is the buggy mess here lol.

I think what this game needs is a way to bypass frank and your golden. He is the omniscient catalyst for all the stories and when he has an issue there is no options to progress at all with any girl. even when you get what you need you can't move on with any of the girls without getting frank to trigger that action in one way or another.

Performance wise it was good, i keep the tak manager opened on my 2nd monitor to see CPU and mem usage and they were stable and low even on the fantastic setting.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:14 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

Yes, it all comes back to Frank blocking access to most of the alcohol. This brings game progress to an abrupt end, as there is no clear way to get rid of him. The option to bypass frank would be great, as there are several story lines that require obtaining booze for progression.

@Nautica. The dancing girl accepts the bottle of white wine that is found in the room with the memory box as the second bottle.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:43 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

Anaquis wrote:
Yes, it all comes back to Frank blocking access to most of the alcohol. This brings game progress to an abrupt end, as there is no clear way to get rid of him. The option to bypass frank would be great, as there are several story lines that require obtaining booze for progression.

@Nautica. The dancing girl accepts the bottle of white wine that is found in the room with the memory box as the second bottle.

I never found that bottle. I heard about it and assumed it was in the wooden box next to the memories box but it wasn't clickable for me. I looked around that room and couldn't find it. Maybe it's in the safe?

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:51 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

It's on the floor on the left side of the table. if you crouch down and look around, you should see it :)

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:57 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Anaquis wrote:
Awesome to see this game in Beta state. The dialogue system is much better now. One thing I would suggest for that though is moving some of the text down a little in the responses part, Because sometimes if there is a slightly larger line of text, the bottom one can obscure the response option directly above it. This is most noticeable if there are 3 response options. I also had a situation where frank became stuck behind the kitchen table after a certain scene was triggered in order to progress a character's story line. I wanted to see what would happen if I tricked him into following me, but he got stuck. :lol:

The only other thing I can think of right now is the addition of the save option, but you have already said that this is on the way :)

Thanks! I will check into that. It might just be that I need to shrink the size of the containers of the options that you're clicking on. What resolution are you running?

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:00 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

skidrow wrote:
Download speed is were low its like 10k took 30min to download what should have taken 20sec.

The server is 10Mbit/sec, and it's dedicated, so I think maybe you had a bad hop or just caught a fluke. The game is easily downloadable in less than a minute for me. I also haven't gotten any other complaints about slow downloads.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:03 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Nautica wrote:
ok A few issues with this release.

I chose the 64 bit version. I'm using widows 7 64 bit with amd graphics. 1280x720 fullscreen mode

Play 1
Got madison completely naked, But when i sent frank to beat up patrick (whom I had follow me into the small back room) he knocked him out and was stuck in fighting stance, Couldn't click on him at all. So i took all the beer lol. Well that triggered the response from frank but he was still stuck. Couldn't progress so i closed.

Play 2, The font overlaps itself in 1280x720 so to make it barley readable so i decided to try 1920x1280, (same as my monitor) set it to "good", this made the game glitch out, the shadows were flashing on and off and i couldn't click on the menu at all. everything control wise was stop motion. I had to force quit with task manager because i couldn't click on the setting cog or inventory parts of the screen. I could click on people and door but not the menu layer.

play 3 Same result on Good graphics the second try

play 4, Same result on simple.

play 5 Same on fantastic

play 6 Went back to 1280x720 and the game loaded up. I decided to try one at a time this time. I tried to get madisons storyline to naked again. So we get to the point where patrick needs to be beat up (this time he is in the living room) Well somehow, patrick won the fight lol. Frank was dead on the floor and i could talk to patrick again. But i could still hear franks fight noises. that grunt lol. But he was out cold. I could grab beer from the kitchen without triggering the frank response but it was useless when trying to progress with dancing girl. I have never gotten past whip it's with her. I had all the alcohol in the house in my inventory and the only available option i had was "I'm the man with the plan.. I just don't know what that plan is yet" I have the liquor!! lol. Well gave up after that. Frank again is the buggy mess here lol.

I think what this game needs is a way to bypass frank and your golden. He is the omniscient catalyst for all the stories and when he has an issue there is no options to progress at all with any girl. even when you get what you need you can't move on with any of the girls without getting frank to trigger that action in one way or another.

Performance wise it was good, i keep the tak manager opened on my 2nd monitor to see CPU and mem usage and they were stable and low even on the fantastic setting.

Thanks for the input! Wow, it seems you pulled out every bug there is on your test! Haha. I haven't experienced most of these issues yet.

I do know about the font issue, and I am going to make the options text a tad smaller and see if that helps.

It seems like your graphics card might be part of the issue with the slow performance on anything above good, but I would recommend playing the game in at least 1920 for the best experience. Are you able to set it to 1920 at the lowest quality setting? Can you tell me what type of card it is? I am subject to Unity's engine, and this game tends to be visually taxing since I keep the models high quality. I may down the line do a lower quality version with very inexpensive models, but there will be a noticeable difference in eye candy (may not matter to some).

I will "stack" the fight so Patrick absolutely cannot win. Lol. It's already pretty stacked, but because it's procedural the way they actually fight, something might have been out of whack.

There is a way to get rid of Frank, you just have to get his usefulness out of him first. I shaped the story a little more linear just so you don't kill him before you get what you need out of him, like some people have been complaining about killing off Patrick too soon and getting stuck. You need to get wine for the dancing girl. There are a couple of places to get it. Because Frank glitched you kind of exploited the alcohol on the table before you were actually supposed to get it, and that's why Stephanie didn't have a reaction to it.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:13 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Anaquis wrote:

There is a way to get rid of him. It's by design that Frank becomes increasingly annoying until you have the means to get rid of him so it's that much more satisfying when you do. :) It's possible in this new beta!

Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:14 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

I took Frank to the garage and left him there and took the alcohol then he bugged out, he want to fight but never hit me.

He moved the key to a better spot but still in the bedroom.

Nothing new do only 1 girl that only walk around when you free here if you dont anoy the girl.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:14 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

mistacorn wrote:
Anaquis wrote:

There is a way to get rid of him. It's by design that Frank becomes increasingly annoying until you have the means to get rid of him so it's that much more satisfying when you do. :) It's possible in this new beta!

The resolution I have it set to is 1024x768

And regarding Frank, good to know there is a means to get rid of him. Can you please drop a hint? I had a couple of ideas but they didn't work.

1. Locking him in one of the rooms that requires a key. (unable to close and relock the doors)
2. Attacking him with the frying pan. (unable to pick it up)
3. Use one of the new items. (yeah, but which one)

The only other thing I thought of to try was to get the girls to witness him attacking you, and they help you deal with him.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 37  Next