View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Ludus Master - historical slave trainer game 
Rank 12
Rank 12

Hi,

I'm starting a new project, working parallel with my current project Total Seduction. I have decided for this to have a better involvement with end-users during the development, so please have a look at it and if you have any suggestions or desires, let me know [:)]

New game - Ludus Master - will be situated in the ancient Rome. At the start, you can choose which character you want to play - slave master, brothel madam, gladiator or courtesan. Depending on who you choose, the game experience will vary significantly. You can play as either dominant patrician who have a complete control over his slaves, or lowly slave who must obey all orders. Game will include combat and sex in the area, large orgies in the villa and relationships between slaves, slaves and their masters and between patricians themselves. The game will be free to play. If you like the idea, check out more info at my homepage:

http://mvelesk.blogspot.sk/

If you like to be involved with the development, please consider support on https://www.patreon.com/mvelesk

Please note, that my current project, Total Seduction has still absolute priority and all updates will come in time. The first public release of the Ludus Master will be only after the Total Seduction is completed as planned.

In-game models, displaying combat between male Murmillo and female Hoplomachus gladiators
Attachment:
s03.JPG
s03.JPG [ 107.65 KiB | Viewed 15462 times ]

Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:48 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Well, nice idea. I thought about the same after watching spartacus a few months ago. ^^
But please stop using that awkward engine. Its 2016 not 1990! There is no need to create a properitary Engine. It looks terrible! Even if you create a great game, only a few ppl will play it because gfx suxx... No Offense, but someone needs to talk clear i think...

Or better, just wait for v4 i am pretty sure modding capabilities will be outstanding!

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:15 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

i understand, but it gives me a much greater capability for coding game mechanics, than for example unity as it has lower limitations. i'm still tweaking the engine and the end results will be much better looking. of course, final models will be textured, which these models displayed aren't. i'm also working on particle generator and other improvements. the engine allows me to use relatively high poly models in real time high frame-rate and it is easy to create animations in it. for example, one sex animation with two people involved takes roughly 20 minutes to create. other think is, i'm not really an artist only programmer, so maybe some professional would do better job with gfx. i still think it is better than for example rpg maker.

but i'm not against something else. if there will be demand, i will switch, or maybe some collaboration with art people will pop-up.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:14 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

For better models you might want to use makehuman, just google it... There is although a more "realistic and more complete" proxy available...
Use Blender to finetune the model.
Try UE4 Engine... its awesome! As soon as they integrated flex softbodies you will love it!
Have a look at the flex vid... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbrFIp73tbw very interesting features at around 4:00 ;)

UE4 is quite lowlevel if u like to suffer the pain, but normaly you dont need to borther with low level stuff as most things can be done by blueprints. Even for extending the engine, you dont need to recompile the core. There is a excellent plugin system integrated. "Programming" in ue4 is mostly done in a graph editor, for level editing you might want to use the vr feature - i love it! Often its the case that ppl try to work against the engine as they try to implement a feature and therefore think "they have to have control over low level stuff". Well try to work with your tools and do stuff how it was ment to be done. In most cases stuff works out really quick then...
E.g. a few years ago i tried to animate ragdolls. The key for making them move was to Add Force or Torque to the Colliders attached to Bones...

You see
Quote:
i understand, but it gives me a much greater capability for coding game mechanics
does not apply in 2016 any more...

Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:45 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

I just remembred a game which was quite fun to play and fits this thread quite well.
https://www.patreon.com/simbro
Would appreciate if your game adopts some of the ideas ;)

Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:42 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

it looks very interesting and i would like to achieve such level of animation, but unfortunately, my limitations are time and resources. i don't have a team of developers to make a game at that level, as i'm just a lone person in this. and i have a normal job, so i'm doing this in my free time during the evenings. i'm still using my old computer with winxp for this :) so i'm now focusing mostly on free resources, such as blender and what can i do myself in reasonable time. adapting new system would take too much time right now. maybe if the projects will turn out ok, and i will start earning some reasonable money from them, i could pour some more resources (time and investments) into this. or maybe find some cooperation partners in this field (but i'm very cautious about this, as i don't have very good personal experience with teamwork).

yes, sim brothels series of games (this last one, but also older ones) together with slave maker are my primary inspiration for this game.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:23 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Use at least one day to evaluate the engine. You will be surprised how steep the learning curve ist and what you have achieved after only one day of intense work with it.
The indie version is for free, makehuman also, and the vid is just a tech demo...
nevermind...

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]