View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Debauchery in Caelia Kingdoms, rpg text-based game 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Hi! We just did the first release of a game that we’ve been developing for a while, Debauchery in Caelia Kingdoms, an RPG Text-based game with transformations.

In the game, the MC has inherited the title of Lord of a small city in the outskirts of the Caelia Empire after the Plague struck the whole island, corrupting a big percentage of the population. As a Lord, you will have the power to impose Edicts to change the corruption of the city, which will affect its citizens and their behavior. You must push your way up through the kingdom, interacting with other leaders by either corrupting them or helping them overcome different conflicts as you visit the other cities that are part of the Empire. You can decide to take the path of purity or the path of corruption, and your choices as a Lord will have consequences in the outcome of every city.

The game is free, so if you guys are interested check it out:

JAN 7 2017
New build 0.1.1b!

Here is the new build! Here we leave the link to two different versions. In one you start with no gold, which is the usual, in the other one you start with 10k, to speed up the process, specially since you need gold to bribe and corrupt followers and NPCs.

Normal version
MEGA
https://mega.nz/#!1IJyhBSZ!qGJcWcZrxGPR ... fiQwTMAw00

10k gold version
MEGA
https://mega.nz/#!MJJWDT6K!ALV-Nxl7F0As ... eF6m2yExoM

CHANGELOG 0.1.1B
-Added further content for Abbadon, Yoshika and Lucina. Now you will be able to transform Abbadon into a male or female, the only req. Is 60 in relationship with him/her. Yoshika also can be fully corrupted and purified, and enslaved too. Lucina can be fully corrupted or purified, but still has little content beyond that.
-Position of power like the priest or the finance minister have functionality, helping you in corrupting your city or increasing the gold revenue. For now, the church doesn’t reduce corruption, but that will be changed soon.
-Fixed a lot of bugs!

It seems like little, but what we added to this update is mostly content more than functionality.

What’s next? We will focus on finishing Misaki and we will work on an hypnotist gecko girl and Junia, which will be the first futa follower (Don’t worry tho, you will be able to enjoy normal content with her if you disable the futa portion!).

Also, we will expand the role of the priest, and add the role of head inquisitor soon! (This may or may not be ready for the next update tho).

Lastly, we will add a new enemy of the plains, a chinchilla girl, and a Giantess and Goblin for the mountains.

If you want more information about the game, here is the Developer's Blog: http://duodevelopers.blogspot.com

We also have a Patreon if you want to support us! https://www.patreon.com/DuoDevelopers

Last edited by MaraTDuoDev on Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:01 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

Well first update! The "Not a game for ants" edition! You can now change the size of the text, and a lot of small fixes.

Link here: https://mega.nz/#!pZxWnagR!7LjmFhEAXW1A ... wFq01BPa3I

Feel free to check the blog!
duodevelopers.blogspot.com/2016/12/build-010b-not-for-ants-anymore-edition.html

CHANGELOG

Lust weapons fixed, now they increase the lust of the enemy instead of reducing it!
Fixed Helena overall (dominance, slavery and break should work properly, but need further testing) and fixed some minor things for other NPCs, also added a small tip when you go to them to make it more clear what you need to do.
Added an option to change the size of the text, at least a game not only for ants!
There were some problems with breast sizes, I think it's fixed but needs further testing
Added an option in the introductory scene that doesnt forces you to fuck Helena
Fixed the plant girl not attacking
Enemy scenes now reduce lust
Fixed the skills not changing correctly, we will soon expand the info about them too!
Also some text had tags around, we have deleted we ones that have been reported but we will look more into it

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:10 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

We have updated the game and the link, we will use this folder for future updates, at least for now:

https://mega.nz/#F!cBAgFJbL!9wPMfniy6LHJ3OtOh1jscA

Here is the changelog for our first content update!

CHANGELOG 0.1.1
-Old saves won't work! (And we also changed the path of the saves, so old ones won’t even load and conflict). Sorry for this, but so far we believe this will not happen again in the future.
-Added a new region: The plains. There you will be able to find some events, and a fight with a Dodo girl and an Equine guy. For now the zone is already in accessible, in the future you will have a chance to unlock it while exploring the forest.
-Added the rank system to the clothes, now depending of how you dress the description of your character will change. Isn’t much for the moment, but we will keep expanding it to make it more dynamic, and it will affect how certain NPCs talk and interact with you.
-We actually added tattoos and piercings, you can find them at the beauty shop (former tattoo shop). Tattoos use player input, so you can have any design you want, and piercings have different materials and models, not many, for now, but we can expand it in the future. This is only aesthetic complements.
-Improved general stuff, bug fixes with followers, etc.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:42 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

Instructions aren't clear enough. Took me a few hours of playing to realize that I had to click on weapons and armours in my inventory to equip them. Also, only 5 inventory slots available, but 15 slots shown?
Random encounters are all well and good, but sometimes - like when you can't help the female fox yet, and will have to level up to help her - actually being able to just FIND SOMEONE you've already met would be handy. Seriously, I've watched a woman be fucked by a werewolf at least three hundred times, and I've caught or helped escape a few scores of slaves, but not ONCE have I run across that fox since I got strong enough to help her.
Is the barn not active yet?
Can't purify deer-boy, but you can apparently corrupt him (I haven't tried) and you can date him.
Random glitch. I'm playing as a male, but every few days in the morning some chick named Mikoto or somesuch will bring me breakfast in bed and then fuck me with a two-headed dildo - assuming I'm female.
Almost impossible to level fighting abilities, takes damned near forever to gain a single point. Hopefully the future versions will allow the gym to actually have some use for training, instead of just fucking the deer-man.
I've got no problem with homosexuality, but I don't want to play a gay or bisexual character. There should be something in the code that will convert male NPCs to female (for those who you can associate with, not the random encounter fight NPCs).

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:26 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

TechnoDemon wrote:
Instructions aren't clear enough. Took me a few hours of playing to realize that I had to click on weapons and armours in my inventory to equip them. Also, only 5 inventory slots available, but 15 slots shown?
Random encounters are all well and good, but sometimes - like when you can't help the female fox yet, and will have to level up to help her - actually being able to just FIND SOMEONE you've already met would be handy. Seriously, I've watched a woman be fucked by a werewolf at least three hundred times, and I've caught or helped escape a few scores of slaves, but not ONCE have I run across that fox since I got strong enough to help her.
Is the barn not active yet?
Can't purify deer-boy, but you can apparently corrupt him (I haven't tried) and you can date him.
Random glitch. I'm playing as a male, but every few days in the morning some chick named Mikoto or somesuch will bring me breakfast in bed and then fuck me with a two-headed dildo - assuming I'm female.
Almost impossible to level fighting abilities, takes damned near forever to gain a single point. Hopefully the future versions will allow the gym to actually have some use for training, instead of just fucking the deer-man.
I've got no problem with homosexuality, but I don't want to play a gay or bisexual character. There should be something in the code that will convert male NPCs to female (for those who you can associate with, not the random encounter fight NPCs).

Hey thanks for the feedback first!
Yeah we are trying to improve the tooltips and mechanics information ingame, is certainly something we are working on (right now in the Court you can find some basic info about other things).

We also reduced the requisites for some of the quests because yeah, they were way too high.
Really you havent found her again? uhm thats actually a bug, I need to fix that but I believe I know what it is now that you mention it.

Yeah some of the content is not there yet, I think you cannot purify Yoshika at this moment, you will in the next update since we are doing that content right now!

And yeah we need to rebalance things, see which takes too long and which doesnt. Right now I think using an ability 20 times over levels it up, it sounds like a lot but the game is supposed to have 5 chapters so if you just max everything at the start it will be too meh... But I get it, maybe for now that there is not so much content I will reduce the requisites and increase them again once we have more meat.

Nop, barn is not active yet, it probably will in the update after the next. The same goes for the gym, although we need to see how training will work (just buying stats aint fun :P )

To be honest, I would love to make that about the gender of the NPCs, we thought about it (as we did with i.e. futa and furry that are optional), the problem is the amount of extra content, which means we would have to literally rewrite every scene with that NPC and the art, and considering that we are aiming for 60k for NPC of content well, thats a lot :P You will not be force to have scenes with male NPCs to advance in the game or the plot tho!

Thanks for reporting the night even bug about the girl and dildo! added to the bug list

Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:31 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

A few more glitches and comments.

When equipping an armour or weapon, you will get a description that repeats the last potion or concoction you used.
Often in the shopping area, the descriptions for the items will show descriptions for the previous item on the list, an item from a different store, or just a blank word balloon.
In the playthroughs I did, I went with balanced and trickster mainly, with a side of martial artist, I did not use much Berserker. I realize that you want to balance things by making some abilities penalized or low-chance/high-risk, but as it stands I have never once defeated a Stallion in a fight. Absolutely nothing I've tried has succeeded, all attacks have been too weak or caused my lust to rise too quickly - this is where attribute bonuses for armour and weapons normally help. It's nice that they raise people perceptions of you, but that really doesn't affect anything in the game right now that I can see. The whole point of armour and weapons is that they make you do more damage and take less - which they don't do in this game, apparently (or not enough to be noticed). I fought just as efficiently bare-handed as I did fully-equipped.
Potions that change you physically should have an effect on your stats as well. If you increase your dick and ball size, that should give you a bonus in lust-based intimidation attacks. If you take giant potions and make yourself larger, your strength or combat ability should increase (though speed would decrease if it mattered). Changing body parts like rabbit or lion legs should also make you more agile or give harder kick attacks.
Healing potions (willpower potions I guess) and lust-reduction potions should be a thing, as healing and mana potions are in pretty much every RPG ever made, able to be used at the cost of a turn during combat.
Every defeat of an enemy where you choose to use them sexually should corrupt you a tiny percentage - but it should also increase your charisma/dominance factor by another percentage. Every time you flee a battle or run away after being defeated (or get raped) should decrease charisma but still increase corruption. Letting a beaten enemy go without raping them should also purify you a little bit.

I like what you're doing with this game, and the plans are quite audacious, but ignoring basic aspects of RPGs to focus on the sexual stuff leaves the game stilted and difficult to understand for people who play RPGs a lot (as I've been doing for 35 years).

Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:14 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

TechnoDemon wrote:
A few more glitches and comments.

When equipping an armour or weapon, you will get a description that repeats the last potion or concoction you used.
Often in the shopping area, the descriptions for the items will show descriptions for the previous item on the list, an item from a different store, or just a blank word balloon.
In the playthroughs I did, I went with balanced and trickster mainly, with a side of martial artist, I did not use much Berserker. I realize that you want to balance things by making some abilities penalized or low-chance/high-risk, but as it stands I have never once defeated a Stallion in a fight. Absolutely nothing I've tried has succeeded, all attacks have been too weak or caused my lust to rise too quickly - this is where attribute bonuses for armour and weapons normally help. It's nice that they raise people perceptions of you, but that really doesn't affect anything in the game right now that I can see. The whole point of armour and weapons is that they make you do more damage and take less - which they don't do in this game, apparently (or not enough to be noticed). I fought just as efficiently bare-handed as I did fully-equipped.
Potions that change you physically should have an effect on your stats as well. If you increase your dick and ball size, that should give you a bonus in lust-based intimidation attacks. If you take giant potions and make yourself larger, your strength or combat ability should increase (though speed would decrease if it mattered). Changing body parts like rabbit or lion legs should also make you more agile or give harder kick attacks.
Healing potions (willpower potions I guess) and lust-reduction potions should be a thing, as healing and mana potions are in pretty much every RPG ever made, able to be used at the cost of a turn during combat.
Every defeat of an enemy where you choose to use them sexually should corrupt you a tiny percentage - but it should also increase your charisma/dominance factor by another percentage. Every time you flee a battle or run away after being defeated (or get raped) should decrease charisma but still increase corruption. Letting a beaten enemy go without raping them should also purify you a little bit.

I like what you're doing with this game, and the plans are quite audacious, but ignoring basic aspects of RPGs to focus on the sexual stuff leaves the game stilted and difficult to understand for people who play RPGs a lot (as I've been doing for 35 years).

Thanks for the report! I added them to fix them for the next release and we will try to ensure less buggy builds for next builds.

And I apologize, combat requires a lot of balance. Curiously enough when I tried the stallion before the release it was somewhat easy to defeat, thought he was right. He is pretty resistant to combat skills and has somewhat high HP, have you tried to use seductive skills instead? Thats the strategy part of the game, some enemies require you to use the other set of skills, it depends on enemy really. We will make more clear to what they are strong or weak tho.

Yeah there is no content for rank yet, so the mechanic is in there, we just need to pour content now! Armors tho give combat bonuses, but we may have to increase them, specially for higher tear equipment. (Yeah the impact of equipment right now is not much, nor stats, we will balance and increase these pretty soon, thanks for giving us your opinion on this since we dont have that much combat feedback!)

We didnt wanted to add stat changes at first from the potions because people would just min-max, and we dont want to punish people for their aesthetic choices, even if that would make sense. Although we are not closed minded about this, we will see how it works and if think it doesnt harm the gameplay (as in, too difficult or too easy) we may add what you say, probably some thing like "feats" that unlock when you have certain proportions.

Agree about the potions tho, at first I didnt wanted to add them because you have little item slots, but actually what I am thinking for now on is that you can have up to 5 potions of each type (so for hp or lust reduction maybe), that dont take a spot in your inventory, and can be used only in combat (easier to code, implement, and should do the trick)

About the corruption when you have sex with the enemies, yeah thats planned (to increase your corruption), will be there in the next release!

I am sorry if a lot of things arent there, these first two builds were more of a proof of concept than anything, we wanted to test the basic mechanics of the game, adjust them now that we are still early in development, see if people liked the tone and scenes of the game, among other things. Also early feedback like this helps us a lot to take the right direction before its too late

Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:45 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

New build 0.1.1b!

Here is the new build! Here we leave the link to two different versions. In one you start with no gold, which is the usual, in the other one you start with 10k, to speed up the process, specially since you need gold to bribe and corrupt followers and NPCs.

Normal version
https://mega.nz/#!1IJyhBSZ!qGJcWcZrxGPR ... fiQwTMAw00

10k gold version
https://mega.nz/#!MJJWDT6K!ALV-Nxl7F0As ... eF6m2yExoM

CHANGELOG 0.1.1B

-Added further content for Abbadon, Yoshika and Lucina. Now you will be able to transform Abbadon into a male or female, the only req. Is 60 in relationship with him/her. Yoshika also can be fully corrupted and purified, and enslaved too. Lucina can be fully corrupted or purified, but still has little content beyond that.

-Position of power like the priest or the finance minister have functionality, helping you in corrupting your city or increasing the gold revenue. For now, the church doesn’t reduce corruption, but that will be changed soon.

-Fixed a lot of bugs!

It seems like little, but what we added to this update is mostly content more than functionality.

What’s next? We will focus on finishing Misaki and we will work on an hypnotist gecko girl and Junia, which will be the first futa follower (Don’t worry tho, you will be able to enjoy normal content with her if you disable the futa portion!).

Also, we will expand the role of the priest, and add the role of head inquisitor soon! (This may or may not be ready for the next update tho).

Lastly, we will add a new enemy of the plains, a chinchilla girl, and a Giantess and Goblin for the mountains.

We also have a Patreon if you want to support us! https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-build-0-1-1b-7695364

Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]