View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:35 am



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Long Live the Princess (mind control, fantasy setting) 
Author Message
Rank 2
Rank 2

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Europe
Image

Hello! I'm the creator and developer of a relatively new adult game called Long Live the Princess, inspired by such game series as Persona and Ace Attorney. It is non-linear and has you make choices each day on how you will spend your precious time to prepare for the arrival of Princess Selena, fabled for her beauty. Your task is to seduce her through magic so that you can save the realm, but you don't know how or why. All you know is that you need to practice.

Downloads
Current public version: 0.20 for Windows or Mac.
Current patron-only build: 0.3 (click here for Patreon links).

Patron-only builds become public exactly one month after release, and no content is held back at that point. Expect new releases monthly.

Please support me on Patreon if you like the game.

Synopsis
You live a simple life in a small fantasy town. You possess few talents except that of Truthsaying, the ability to magically tell if someone is lying.

One day news arrives that the King is dead of old age and that his daughter, Princess Selena, is coming to your town for her coronation. When a person close to you gets murdered soon after, and you learn that you are the only person who can save the world from an unspecified calamity, things get rather heated.

Serving under a powerful sorceress, you are taught the ability to magically remove people's inhibitions. With this knowledge in hand and a potty-mouthed pixie in tow, you are told to prepare for the arrival of the Princess so that you can seduce her and save the world (the details of this elude you). Until then, however, you must practice. How appealing, then, that this practice means using your magic to seduce as many of the town's girls as possible.

Life is about to become... satisfying.

Gameplay
Do you like Persona? Do you like Ace Attorney? There are elements of both in this game. You have a limited number of in-game days to prepare yourself for the Princess' arrival. Each day allows you to take three separate actions. Your choice of actions will dictate whether or not you are ready when the Princess finally arrives, so choose wisely. Carefully balance the various aspects of your life, such as practicing your spellcasting, improving your abilities, building relationships, earning money, and so on. Don't worry, there is no grinding in this game, and every action will be meaningful.

While doing all this, you also have to uncover the deepest, darkest secrets of the girls in town so that you can affect them with your spells. When you feel confident that you have figured out a girl's secrets, confront her and reveal the knowledge you have uncovered at the precise time needed for maximum effect.

Long Live the Princess is not a linear game, and you might very well end up failing in your quest. Replaying will allow you to keep some of your abilities from the previous playthrough, increasing your chances of success the second time around. Can you find all the game's secrets?

Screenshots

Image

Image

Image

Image


Last edited by Belle on Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.



Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:11 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 15
Rank 15

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:31 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Germany
Short review, due to the game still being in a very early phase of production:

The story is very interesting, as it id set in a nice fantasy background, allowing quite a few possibilities in the future.

It is a mind control story. But instead of just using a "use skill/item x and make that girl suck your dick" it works with a bit different approach. Before You can control someone, you have to find out something to pressure them. For this You will gather clues, which you then have to use at the proper situation and by guessing the proper implications of those clues. A bit like a detective story, that is, and I like it very much

The graphics are fantastic. Way apart from the usualy games with DAZ 3d graphics, that all use the same models for characters, rooms etc.

I also had a look at the renpy code of the game and it looks as if the designer knows what he/she is doing. All very clean and easy to expand for future releases. Compared to some other games I've had a look at this one's coding is near perfect.

So my final result for the game is 4x :D out of :D :D :D :D :D (and the last one is only missing, so there is a chance to improve after further updates)


Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:00 pm
Profile
Rank 2
Rank 2

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Europe
T0mcat wrote:
Short review, due to the game still being in a very early phase of production:

The story is very interesting, as it id set in a nice fantasy background, allowing quite a few possibilities in the future.

It is a mind control story. But instead of just using a "use skill/item x and make that girl suck your dick" it works with a bit different approach. Before You can control someone, you have to find out something to pressure them. For this You will gather clues, which you then have to use at the proper situation and by guessing the proper implications of those clues. A bit like a detective story, that is, and I like it very much

The graphics are fantastic. Way apart from the usualy games with DAZ 3d graphics, that all use the same models for characters, rooms etc.

I also had a look at the renpy code of the game and it looks as if the designer knows what he/she is doing. All very clean and easy to expand for future releases. Compared to some other games I've had a look at this one's coding is near perfect.

So my final result for the game is 4x :D out of :D :D :D :D :D (and the last one is only missing, so there is a chance to improve after further updates)


Thanks for the review! I appreciate it.

It's refreshing to see someone actually commenting on the code itself, as that is a part of the game that most people never see. I'm a firm believer in creating a solid foundation before pushing in tons of content, so the code you saw was the result of that approach.


Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 15
Rank 15

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:31 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Germany
Belle wrote:
It's refreshing to see someone actually commenting on the code itself, as that is a part of the game that most people never see. I'm a firm believer in creating a solid foundation before pushing in tons of content, so the code you saw was the result of that approach.


Well, I ain't really a coder myself, but I learned a lot from looking at .rpy files and it helps a lot in a) finding a bug and reporting it to the creator and b) cheating in the game, because I'm lazy :mrgreen:

Most "Hobby Game Designers" don't go for the option of commenting (with # IIRC) in the code. Usually because they have a more... amateurish approach to code. And usually one can see that in the product they deliver ;)

From what You deliver, I have great hopes in this project and I will surely support it


Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:54 pm
Profile
Rank 2
Rank 2

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Europe
T0mcat wrote:
Belle wrote:
It's refreshing to see someone actually commenting on the code itself, as that is a part of the game that most people never see. I'm a firm believer in creating a solid foundation before pushing in tons of content, so the code you saw was the result of that approach.


Well, I ain't really a coder myself, but I learned a lot from looking at .rpy files and it helps a lot in a) finding a bug and reporting it to the creator and b) cheating in the game, because I'm lazy :mrgreen:

Most "Hobby Game Designers" don't go for the option of commenting (with # IIRC) in the code. Usually because they have a more... amateurish approach to code. And usually one can see that in the product they deliver ;)

From what You deliver, I have great hopes in this project and I will surely support it


Thank you. Software development is actually my day job, so I'm pretty used to it. Still, you'd be amazed at how often professional coders forget to comment their own code.


Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 2
Rank 2

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Europe
Version 0.20 has now been released for everyone. I have updated the links in the first post.

Changelog:

  • New scenes for Primrose (featuring more than 60 new images).
  • The current day of the week is now shown when time progresses.
  • Disabled the loading of old saves to prevent crashes and story progression issues.
  • Lifted the time limit completely for now. It will be reintroduced in a later version.
  • Backgrounds now use JPG instead of PNG, reducing the size of the game on disk.
  • Tweaked clue names in the code to reduce the risk of accidental spoilers in case of crashes.


Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Rank 2
Rank 2

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:48 pm
Posts: 5
Location: Europe
Version 0.3 is now out for patrons. I have updated the links in the first post to reflect this. 0.3 will be available to everyone in exactly one month, on December 28th.

Changelog:
  • Expanded main storyline.
  • New scenes with Belle.
  • New scenes with the Crone.
  • New scenes with Thaddeus.
  • Short new scenes with Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose.
  • Minor additions to Remove Inhibitions for Evelyn, Callie, and Primrose.
  • Revamped user interface now lets you access inventory, abilities, and see the current day and time.
  • Updated certain older scenes to utilize the new inventory system.
  • Also added ability restrictions to some of these scenes.
  • All rollback restrictions have been lifted for the time being.
  • Significant code changes to prepare for the loading of old saves in future versions of the game.
  • Added brief note when reaching the end of certain types of content. Because this is a non-linear game, such warnings will not appear for all content. If you find yourself grinding to discover new scenes, odds are you have seen everything.
  • Fixed a few typos.


Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by X-Moon Productions.