View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 XSP Development & Planning 
Rank 13
Rank 13

I'd like some clarification. Will the 2.0 stories and models be implemented in v4?

Aside from that, I'm of two minds on the suggested tack of doing incremental updates for expanded feedback. I like the idea as a user, but I dread the idea as a developer. The way I program things, new functionality is tested by putting a quick and dirty hack in place to access it in often a restricted hard-coded way. So if the devs do things at all like I do, simply making a preview build that's usable enough to actually preview the new functionality is already an extra layer of work. Especially if the changes are major and not incremental, so there's not necessarily an existing code path in place to get from A to B.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:24 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

I do not really understand, on girls in version 2, they will be returned or not in version 4?

Because we are left with two "girls" in version 3
And "4 girls" in version 2 (and the stories of the girls was great !!) = 4 girls less
While normally we should have 6 girls in version 3

But adding "many" characters please

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:39 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

@xpadmin

As with the last two comments, I would also like a little clarification. To my understanding of the initial post, the stories and characters from v2 will be done, but not until you get v4 out?

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:19 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Honestly Hearing about what your attempting for V4 i really don't care that the V2 girls aren't getting ported over. Sure there are a few missing features in V2 but it's playable and enjoyable still.

As for the skeleton idea I love it. The one world plan is a great thing as well. My only concern here is the Jealousy idea hindering progress with the girls and causing unnecessary scripting.. Remember the Sims 3 before Taliwan's overwatch mod? Yeah that's why it makes me nervous. However if things like Jealousy and % the girl will shoot you down are toggleable options that can be turned off then I'm all for it. What would be awesome is if Groovatam would let you use his version of the XPMS32 skeleton for this game. The meshes for that are already fully adjustable and there are 100's of them freely available on the nexus and loverlab. Honestly I'm not too big a fan of skyims character maker, ever ECE and RaceMenu are a bit too wonkey in my opinion. Even though it's limited right now i think the sims 4 has a really good character maker. Simple and easy to make mods for, I can literally make anyone in that with the right skin/hair and overlay mods. But I'll stop rambling now lol. Keep up the good work fellas. Looking forward to it whenever it comes out.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:24 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Malachai wrote:
@xpadmin

As with the last two comments, I would also like a little clarification. To my understanding of the initial post, the stories and characters from v2 will be done, but not until you get v4 out?

Basically they are saying they aren't going to promise that happening. Truth is the V2 game is the past and they are focusing on the future. V3 will be properly maintained but you get V2 with V3 because it's not worth the work to port over. In V4 you will be able to use all the girls basically (presets) or make your own. As long as we have the following parameters on the skeleton and a decent selection of hair and skintones this should be easy.

Head
nose
mouth
cheeks
chin
height
weight
butt
breasts
ears
feet
hands
arms
legs

add options for makeup clothing and hair and you have a pretty decent character creator. We had to wait a long time for V3. Whats another year or two? I'm not sweating it. New engine mean new (and hopefully faster) physics. Imagine V3.5 with a choice of 1st and 3rd person POV and the ability to move faster than a turtle, :lol: I'm Looking forward to it. If the main character has a skeleton and skin maybe that will be fully customizable as well. No more choice between bob and peter, You could be anyone you make and fuck anyone you make.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:42 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

We had 2 different characters in v3. But v4 promises customizing.

Good part: morphing. A lot of girls different from each other.
Bad part: same height and close body similarities (see skyrim or sims like Nautica pointed it out.)

Bad is not that bad: we can always addapt a new mesh to a bone structure so the mods can bring back any previous character. And we never criticised Skyrim and Sims for using the same mesh (even Daz does the same, using morphs instead custom models, and all mmorpgs on the market do the same)

I have provided quite hundreds of makeup textures for a known fashion game a couple of years ago and I noticed the diversities done using a single mesh.

So I can say just "Great! "

Last edited by loki on Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:51 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Regarding the stories: what if they happen at the same time? First time I played the game I thought both v2 stories happen simultaneous in the same city.

Is this the v4 intention? Like you pick the lab or the gym and follow the story? The v4 town seems to promise to combine the stories or am I wrong?

I think the stories will be updated but not copied from the old versions. Because it is worthless to play the same thing in a new engine while people ask just for the characters to torture in the dungeon.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:07 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Nautica wrote:
Malachai wrote:
@xpadmin

Basically they are saying they aren't going to promise that happening. Truth is the V2 game is the past and they are focusing on the future. V3 will be properly maintained but you get V2 with V3 because it's not worth the work to port over. In V4 you will be able to use all the girls basically (presets) or make your own. As long as we have the following parameters on the skeleton and a decent selection of hair and skintones this should be easy.

Head
nose
mouth
cheeks
chin
height
weight
butt
breasts
ears
feet
hands
arms
legs

add options for makeup clothing and hair and you have a pretty decent character creator. We had to wait a long time for V3. Whats another year or two? I'm not sweating it. New engine mean new (and hopefully faster) physics. Imagine V3.5 with a choice of 1st and 3rd person POV and the ability to move faster than a turtle, :lol: I'm Looking forward to it. If the main character has a skeleton and skin maybe that will be fully customizable as well. No more choice between bob and peter, You could be anyone you make and fuck anyone you make.

I'd like to point out Street Fucker 2's editor.
http://forums.e-hentai.org/index.php?s= ... &p=3555305

HOW TO START MODDING

Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:08 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like to thank everyone for their feedback. :)

Here are some responses to it:

Beta versions:

I also think that it is a good strategy for version 4 to release in-between beta versions.
Completely developing version 4 under radio silence is not a good idea.

A global strategy for development will/could be:

-Beta 1.0: A basic environment where you can walk around. No girls. Buildings are very basic.
-Beta 2.0: Girls will be billboards. You can talk with them but no body or physics.
-Beta 3.0: Environment/buildings are improved. Shading etc.
-Beta 4.0: Girls template creator added. Girls take shape.
-Beta 5.0: Towards finished product

Patreon page:

Still thinking about Patreon Page. I think best is to create it after release of Beta 1.0.
It will give people a better idea where things are going. For generating support this is the best direction I think.

Stories of version 2:

In version 4 the stories will be running simultaneously. So there will be multiple stories happening at the same time (these stories could be similar to version 2 and 3 stories).
The schoolgirl, photo-model etc concept will most likely be added in a revisited form.

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:11 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

On the subject of patreon content, would this be available to other backers from the offbeatr backers for the v4.0 v5.0 and the v9.9 levels?

Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next