View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 [SUGGESTIONS] Better ways to notify us about updates. 
Rank 15
Rank 15

Currently the account manager doesnt recognize a new patch.
I find out from someone else's post that his version is higher than mine by seing his trace log.
So I got used to redownload the entire game whenever I want to play (I dont complain of download speed but others may). Of course I can download the patch only.

I also got used to save a md5 of tutorials in order to discover the file was updated in the last 2 weeks.

----------------------

Please consider these ideas (the quick and easiest to implement, the best) :
- name the files as for ex "xstoryplayer 3.5 20151024.exe". The account manager may see it as a new file and suggest updating
- a bit harder: write the date in the info on the right and quick changelog.
- a bit more: the account manager should track the download date and mark the updates in red.
- make the tutorial pack an optional exe patch that installs in the game folder (xstoryplayer3.5/tutorial resource pack). There is where I place it. Not very important but this would help posting accurate ini files for filemaker.
- then the hardest (do not consider this please :) .. yet) like STEAM: update on launch.

I'm sorry to say the changelog lacks a lot of info. The website news a lot more which is bad because new players will go to the main site first. But I know and I appreciate you are very busy in the things we want the most.

Speaking of filemaker:
You can include several ini files, called pack objects.ini , unpack scene.ini etc.
They can be preset to the predefined folder mentioned above.
The new FM has a great potential now, it can open multiple files and works like an advanced text editor.
In the future it may contain highlighting.... maybe highlight for the object ini files. And an undo stack will have us quit any text editors we use.

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:56 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I understand what you mean. The updates with a sub-version only contain minor changes like fixing vagina texture for Monica.
Because of this it is not announced.

It is however possible to see if the sub-version has changed without downloading. If the Account-Manager button says redownload then the sub version has changed. If the button says reinstall then it has not changed. (The seed of the file is used to achieve this.)

Thank you for the extended info. I think the pull system combined with marking new updates is something worth considering.

On a site note: Version 3.0 is temporary available for download to use the older not updated mods (feel a bit like Microsoft still supporting XP lol)

:)

Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:25 am
Rank 11
Rank 11

xpadmin wrote:

On a site note: Version 3.0 is temporary available for download to use the older not updated mods (feel a bit like Microsoft still supporting XP lol)

yeehaa thank you :D

Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:31 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

xpadmin wrote:
I understand what you mean. The updates with a sub-version only contain minor changes like fixing vagina texture for Monica.
Because of this it is not announced.

It is however possible to see if the sub-version has changed without downloading. If the Account-Manager button says redownload then the sub version has changed. If the button says reinstall then it has not changed. (The seed of the file is used to achieve this.)

Thank you for the extended info. I think the pull system combined with marking new updates is something worth considering.

Thanks!
I may be doing the wrong thing because I run out of disk space very often so I delete the installers. Probably this is why my account manager doesn't track the updates.
But I'm not sure if it did track the tutorial files.

Thanks for 3.0, please keep it for more. I wanted to install it to look for changes between 3.0 and 3.5. I think the script comparison can help many update their 3.0 mods to 3.5.

Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]