View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 DEV ROADMAP 
Rank 4
Rank 4

You either don't know what STEAM is or do did not understand what I said. I'm following two companies, that have a game in Alpha on the STEAM network. They are both very small niche companies very much like X-moon. So you FULLY understand; if you're not privy to what STEAM is - STEAM is a Network not a company or producer like Electonic Arts or Rockstar Games. The two games I speak of I paid into is like an "early access." The game is not yet developed or fully released, paying into the game helps you get a say on how it develops (hopefully) and be in community very much like we have here.
THEY have DEVELOPER ROADMAPS that show what will be added or what is developed as the game progresses. The DEV Roadmap is not set in stone but it gives everyone an idea on how the game will develop. That is why I have asked about this because to tell you the truth from what I have seen on the forums it really seems like there is no real plan.

No I'm not talking about DAYZ. DayZ is a MOD not a game, you don't buy it and it is fully finished or complete although they do add content and continue to work on it. An ALPHA state game is before BETA more buggy than BETA, not finished and openly so. This game is certainly in ALPHA state.

I understand I gave conflicting praise and at the same time criticism. That's because I realized after playing it that with how it looks and what's promised it's really just a really ugly girl dressed up in a ton of make-up to look better. GO FIGURE, I bought the game when I was drunk, LOL.

Quit being such a fanboy, take your head out of the clouds and come back to reality. The game does not seem to really have any concrete plan. It's just a miss-match of "we plan to add this" and "In the future that will be added" quotes. Some artwork that looks great that will sometime be added (or not, there's no way to be sure.) A few animations to make it look but no sense of any idea when significant changes will happen. In fact the next big update appears to be happening SOMETIME NEXT YEAR - was the quote - and it's only trivial to what the game needs or required to be great. TONS and TONS of ideas from fans on the forum and speculations only from the DEV team.

Look, the reason we're here is we have the same type of perversions, although I don't really think of it that way. I'm sure we all want a really great game and al the promises they make to happen. I do however URGE the DEV TEAM to be more upfront and layout the actual plan with a ROUGH timeline. Otherwise just like any other poor customer service or bad experience you lose most of your customers who just walk away and don't come back.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:32 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

Malachai wrote:
A big reason this game is taking so long to update is because a new engine had to be built for it. It's going to be more realistic and will allow us to mod the game.

All games take time. A lot of other games already have an engine in place and are ready to be used. Also, if you want to compare games from Steam to this one, then the argument will be a tad flawed as these games have gone through a green-lighting process where thousands of users who use Steam will have seen it and have given their support. Quite often from what I've seen, they've also used crowd-funding to help the game along after they've gotten a lot of views and support from other users. You must then consider that the crowd-funding used for games in Steam are more well-known than adult alternatives. Adult gaming isn't exactly a large market. Not for quality anyway.

If you don't have the patience to wait for XStoryPlayer to update, then that's your choice. You may do what you wish with your time and your money. I'll still be around here. This precious little gem will soon be shining bright.

Of course the market is smaller but what is the real difference between Xmoon and perhaps the Greenlight community besides the size of the crowd?

I don't understand how patient you expect your customers to be. I don't know when or what will be released next because everything is completely speculative. I do know vaguely next update has a third story with tentacles, maybe another girl, some bug squashing I suppose and maybe a few other additions. That update is 2.2. If you manage to get it out by Feb 2014 it'll be a year after the last significant update, is this right or wrong? If you plan to somewhat complete the game and make it better playable then by the time it's finished I'll be an old fucking man.

If you just changed engines, will this lead to faster content addtions, better freedom in play and faster additions to the game? If that is true then this more than explains the development process the way it is now.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:45 am
Rank 11
Rank 11

Dude, until there's some other sex game of similar quality you can point to, no way will any of us with "perversions" walk away. Except maybe you. In which case, no big deal.

Me, I pay for very little software but I feel I've got more than plenty of value for money with this so far, and would prefer the devs take their time and make 2.2 high quality than that they rush out something half baked. If you want the latter you can just torrent everlust off the pirate bay and pay nothing for vast gobs of low quality "perversions". Knock yourself out.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:03 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

johnman wrote:
Of course the market is smaller but what is the real difference between Xmoon and perhaps the Greenlight community besides the size of the crowd?

I don't understand how patient you expect your customers to be. I don't know when or what will be released next because everything is completely speculative. I do know vaguely next update has a third story with tentacles, maybe another girl, some bug squashing I suppose and maybe a few other additions. That update is 2.2. If you manage to get it out by Feb 2014 it'll be a year after the last significant update, is this right or wrong? If you plan to somewhat complete the game and make it better playable then by the time it's finished I'll be an old fucking man.

If you just changed engines, will this lead to faster content addtions, better freedom in play and faster additions to the game? If that is true then this more than explains the development process the way it is now.

The way you phrased the second paragraph in the beginning made me feel I should say this; I don't work for XMoonProductions or anything. I don't know if you were actually referring to me or not, so I just through I'd throw that in there.

I do understand what Steam is and how it works. Also, the size of the crowd is exactly what matters. Groups who get more hype for their game and more funding tend to get things done faster as they can hire freelancers to help them with areas their own dev team may not be skilled enough to handle or simply may not be able to do at the time.

I understand you're not talking about DayZ. But I must point out, DayZ IS a game. There is the DayZ ARMA II mod, which I have, and there is DayZ Standalone, which I have on Early Access on Steam.

While I don't really care about seeing a strict map the dev team may or may not be following, I would certainly like to see a regular update on what the dev team is up to involving the new release. Though it is very nice to see, I don't always need screenshots or videos. Just a few sentences here or there every week or so on how things are going. Mention any bugs that get crushed, or anything that's being worked on. This would help keep people interested in the long run. Similar to that of Kerbal Space Program. I always read the weekly posts they put out. :)

And yes, what I mentioned was true about the game engine. They've been doing a new one for a while. There are a few interesting examples of the new stuff the engine can do. Pickled Cow mentioned it. First Page, Second Post. I hope you see something there to rekindle your interest.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:51 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

johnman wrote:
I bought the game when I was drunk, LOL.

Play the game when you are sober and then make a review.

Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2