View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 DEV ROADMAP 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Hello
Having just bought the game last night, playing through the two stories line and seeing basically all the game has to offer I'm disappointed. The game is very limited and has very little content and does not offer much in the future. I see the next update is scheduled for next year...sometime. If it comes out in February that'll make one big update a year, is that seriously what you the DEVS think is going to keep this going? I'm following two other games in alpha on STEAM, they have a DEV ROADMAP do you?

Last night I saw the game for the first time, played the DEMO (-which mislead me to believe that the actual FULL VERSION had much more-) and then bought the full version. I stayed up late last night and finished both story lines and then played around with the "fast sex" option. The artwork is awesome, the gameplay is shit. I know what you're trying to create and it sounds wonderful however am I the only sane person on this forum that realizes you're promising more than you can deliver. From what I can tell, perhaps I'm mistaken, the last update was Feb 2013 and the next update (storyline with tentacles) will come out next year....let's just say Feb 2014 one year later? This game appears to be in ALPHA not BETA, the other two games I'm following (in ALPHA) put out large updates every 3-5 weeks and they are not large teams of DEVS.

I do like this the game but there's no way I'm staying around and giving my money and I'm sure there many others who feel the same way if you're Developing the game THIS SLOWLY. The game has amazing potential, can't you increase your DEV team and get things done quicker? I won't even bother to mention all of the other flaws, there's just to many. I see this as an interactive sex game that is difficult and frustrating to interact with. Steady crashes to desktop and the lack of freedom in actual free-play sex is the largest of the gameplay problems I saw.

I would love you to tell me I'm misinformed and have it all wrong and the game is actually progressing much faster and efficiently that I see so far.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:48 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

The game is more like a tech demo at the moment. I personally saw the potential this game when I first saw a "Let's Play" stream and have been an unofficial promoter ever since.

Currently, I'm trying to work up momentum for when the game allows modding, mainly, for the conversion of existing erotic 3D models made for SourceFilmMaker and Garry's Mod.

But if you want to see the official future stuff, just go to the screenshots section and look for threads made by Xpadmin. You'll see what's in store for the future versions of XSP there.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=295
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=547
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=562
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=563
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=568
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=762
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=765
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=790
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1405
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1698
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1699
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1833
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1961
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1962

As for the actual process of developing the game, X-Moon productions recently run a successful crowd sourcing project. I'm which I'm sure has sped things up quite a bit.

HOW TO START MODDING

Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:33 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

The game has amazing possibilities but it's right now just nice to look at. Wish they'd ad a "player" hand or hands so you could at least caress, grope or touch the 3D models properly. I'll look/read the links Pickled Cow, thanks.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:13 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

You have the 2.2 feature list. Is not a roadmap but serves as a glimpse about where the game is goinf.

Quote:
- Improving the performance (and adding features) to the script engine.
This will allow us to implement direct physical responses in the script engine. It is also a first step towards making custom scripts possible because all AI will be in the scripts.

- Combining motion capture and physics.
We are trying to combine motion capture and physics. This will allow the girls for example to bend over, lay down, stand up, etc while still preserving controls of arms and head by the player. If for example during a blowjob, the girl starts to gag she may push you away (motion capture), but all physics of head and body is still on, making it more realistic. The math for this is pretty difficult (its called inverse multibody dynamics). But we think it would really make a difference towards making the experience more realistic.

- Better and more detailed responses during sex scenes.
We are rewriting the AI of the sex scenes and improving the sounds. The blowjob scene will be more layered and have different stages. Also the other sex poses will have more stages and will work towards an orgasm (if done correctly), so they will be more of a sub-game in the overall game.

- Adding more facial features.
We are expanding the facial animation system to allow more complex expressions. Also the tongue is animated further to allow licking.

- Adding mucus physics.
Adding more details to the sex physics is needed for the experience to be more realistic and fun. The mucus physics is one of these details. The penis getting more wet is another. We are also adding a Mandingo penis shape to the fast sex option, to have more fun with the blowjob pose.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:36 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

lol, what a spoiled little bratt this guy.

Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:53 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

weipai wrote:

Always a few assholes on the forums, great job filling that role.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:04 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

johnman wrote:
weipai wrote:

Always a few assholes on the forums, great job filling that role.

Well, You are kind of acting like a spoiled brat. Read most of the posts in the forum before start nagging about things that have been answered over and over.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:24 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

Nothing is overly clear in the game or forums so questions are sure to show up. I more than did my research and still have many questions unanswered.

Again I refer to my previous quote to you as well. Stop acting like a pretentious know it all, look at all the questions and confusion on aspects of the game and don't be surprised to see the questions from new comers.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:47 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

johnman wrote:
Hello
Having just bought the game last night, playing through the two stories line and seeing basically all the game has to offer I'm disappointed. The game is very limited and has very little content and does not offer much in the future. I see the next update is scheduled for next year...sometime. If it comes out in February that'll make one big update a year, is that seriously what you the DEVS think is going to keep this going? I'm following two other games in alpha on STEAM, they have a DEV ROADMAP do you?

First of all the dev team is very small and you cant compare games on STEAM with this one. The games on steam are in a market this one is not.
johnman wrote:
Last night I saw the game for the first time, played the DEMO (-which mislead me to believe that the actual FULL VERSION had much more-) and then bought the full version. I stayed up late last night and finished both story lines and then played around with the "fast sex" option. The artwork is awesome, the gameplay is shit. I know what you're trying to create and it sounds wonderful however am I the only sane person on this forum that realizes you're promising more than you can deliver. From what I can tell, perhaps I'm mistaken, the last update was Feb 2013 and the next update (storyline with tentacles) will come out next year....let's just say Feb 2014 one year later? This game appears to be in ALPHA not BETA, the other two games I'm following (in ALPHA) put out large updates every 3-5 weeks and they are not large teams of DEVS.

Im guessing u are reffering to one of this game on steam which is alpha as dayz? Yeah they have a small dev team but, they have funding from sales, from a huge gaming community such as steam. This game here had to go to a crowdfunding website to receive most of its funds. Having this website and some rumors about it for marketing.
johnman wrote:
I do like this the game but there's no way I'm staying around and giving my money and I'm sure there many others who feel the same way if you're Developing the game THIS SLOWLY. The game has amazing potential, can't you increase your DEV team and get things done quicker? I won't even bother to mention all of the other flaws, there's just to many. I see this as an interactive sex game that is difficult and frustrating to interact with. Steady crashes to desktop and the lack of freedom in actual free-play sex is the largest of the gameplay problems I saw.

At one point you speak about the amazing potential this game has and on the other hand you give suggestions on how it would be better to get things quicker? (like you have been a developer yourself and u know how things are done) and then you point out how terrible this game is.
johnman wrote:
I would love you to tell me I'm misinformed and have it all wrong and the game is actually progressing much faster and efficiently that I see so far.

Yes you are obviously misinformed and have if not most, all of it wrong. The game is progressing as fast as it can progress. If you believe its slow for you, try doing it yourself.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:54 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

A big reason this game is taking so long to update is because a new engine had to be built for it. It's going to be more realistic and will allow us to mod the game.

All games take time. A lot of other games already have an engine in place and are ready to be used. Also, if you want to compare games from Steam to this one, then the argument will be a tad flawed as these games have gone through a green-lighting process where thousands of users who use Steam will have seen it and have given their support. Quite often from what I've seen, they've also used crowd-funding to help the game along after they've gotten a lot of views and support from other users. You must then consider that the crowd-funding used for games in Steam are more well-known than adult alternatives. Adult gaming isn't exactly a large market. Not for quality anyway.

If you don't have the patience to wait for XStoryPlayer to update, then that's your choice. You may do what you wish with your time and your money. I'll still be around here. This precious little gem will soon be shining bright.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next