View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Malachai's Review of Full Game 
Rank 15
Rank 15

In case someone reads this months down the road, I'd like to start by saying that this is my review of the current version/build of XStoryPlayer as of the date of this posting. Also, everything said is my own opinion, which makes it my review. The best way to know if you'll like something for sure is to try it yourself. With that said, onto the review!

I've played a nice few x-rated "games" in my life and I can safely say that the majority of them are "Sex Simulators" and not "games". This is not the case, however, with XStoryPlayer. Here are the positives:

While playing, this game requires you to interact with the environment and characters to advance through the stories. This is something lacking in a lot of other titles. You simply do not jump into the sex. In fact, if you do or say the wrong things the NPCs will not want to have anything to do with you, as they would in real life. This is something I enjoy. As a gamer I like to work a little for what I want.

The character designs are quite nice. The figures of the females are gorgeous and the textures for them are quite lovely as well. In free sex mode you're allowed to change a character's skin tone/ethnicity to another type, even going as far as to change them to an unnatural skin tone referred to as Alien.

Being able to strip the character of her clothes is actually quite satisfying. I'm surprised that such a simple feature could be so much fun.

The controls are not difficult after you've learned them. I have a Naga mouse and have comfortably linked most of my buttons to keys used in the game. By interacting with the environment, if gives a feeling of immersion, a feeling that you're doing something and are having an affect on the things around you. Characters even respond to items you're holding and they're not always positive.

And now some of the bad:

There are some restriction on sexual acts. For example, for nearly all of the sexual acts the female is completely submissive. By this I mean that they do not actively participate. Even when getting a blowjob, it's more like you're face-fucking her. Some of this is alleviated by the female pushing back occasionally during intercourse, but for the most part it's entirely a one-sided effort.

As of right now, there are only two stories available and a free sex mode where you can choose a location and have your way with one of the females available. However, each girl is restricted to their own story locations. You cannot mix characters and locations, such as the schoolgirl and the pool or BDSM room.

The angles and positions for some sexual acts are a bit difficult. While attempting vaginal intercourse with one story, I found the position to be much more suited for anal. This can be helped somewhat by using the hand tool and guiding the penis to where you want it to go but if you pull out too much you must reinsert. This is a bit distracting.
The viewing angle can be quite bad sometimes depending on the position you're in. Things can feel a bit awkward when you're attempting a low, missionary styled position or in a chained position.

There are a few spelling errors here and there when characters speak and one I recalled in the boss's Tablet. Not too distracting to me, but I'm a bit of a grammar whore so I felt it need be addressed.

Suggestions I can make:

Most of these have likely been said before, but I shall repeat them here if they have.

-More positions and altering some is a must. I do enjoy what I've gotten so far, but would most certainly appreciate more.
-More tools. I'd like to see a wooden horse, a rack or table to bend them over, etc.
-More clothes. I'd like to see some of the female NPCs wearing panties. Everyone seems to go commando in these dreams.
-In the Wet Dreams story, there was a website of adult toys. This should be made use of. As you make money in the game, you can purchase more toys and have them delivered the following day at around...2:00 - 4:00 PM (14:00 - 16:00). In fact, being able to have a "Lucid Dreams" story or something where you can make up a background for your character with pre-made options would be very interesting. I could select my character type (nerd, fat guy, old guy, etc) and select the type of career they have (cleaner, photographer, bagger, cashier, etc) and then select penis type. The characters in this type of story would react differently to me, each having their own preferences, but also having an option to work around that. Albeit would be reasonably harder to get that NPC, but that's half the fun. Using a website to buy gifts, buy toys, even buy new furniture and paintings. I'd love to start with a drab apartment and work my way to a sexy little pad.
-Change the view angle. I know this has been talked about, but being able to not have my penis a mile away or up in my face would be nice at times.
-Make the female NPCs interact with me. When getting a blowjob, I'd like to have them work a bit. Some head movements, some cowgirl, anything like that would be absolutely welcomed.

Final Grade

When all is said and done, and given how this is still being worked on, I would say that this is likely in the top few x-rated games I have EVER played. With a few of the suggestions I made added, it could very well work its way into my overall #1 spot. Right now, I'd say it's #2. #1 being Artificial Girl 3 due to its modding and female interaction whilst during intercourse. It is, however, the #1 English-directed sex game in my list.

I feel that this game was worth every penny I spent on it. There is a great deal of quality in this and I would most certainly recommend anyone looking for something fun and sexual to buy this. I've spent more money on lesser games. This is one purchase I will not regret.

The fact that new stories are being worked on and that the developer(s) ask our opinions and take all our suggestions into consideration is absolutely wonderful. I wouldn't mind paying a few extra bucks for more stories if they're not given out for free. I find the quality of work is worth it.

Thank you X Moon Productions. You've delivered the closest thing yet to my ideal sex game.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you very much!

We are working hard on improving XStoryPlayer especially in the sex sand-box gameplay area.
So next version will be better in this aspect.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]