View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 So, about that free update us Version 2 buyers were promised 
Rank 6
Rank 6

It's really not cool to promise people something and then take it away. I know we can still pay the difference when v3 is finished, but one of the big selling points for me was that at the time I bought the game, you said at least the next major update will be free, hopefully the next two. It's been a long time now and I think it's safe to say I'm not the only one starting to lose hope here. I know you have the offbeatr thing going but we are your first wave of supporters, and I feel like we got jerked around a bit at this point :(

Thu May 15, 2014 2:02 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

What are you referring to anyways? It is explicitly stated on the website that, and I quote:
http://www.xmoonproductions.com/faq/ wrote:
When a new story is released we might re-price XStoryPlayer. In this case you only have to pay for the extra story.

When was it ever explicitly going to be free according to XMP, and how long ago was this?

Thu May 15, 2014 3:27 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Current users will have the option to upgrade to the next version (3.0), for a (small) extra fee.

It is true that we wanted to release version 2.2 with some extra features, but due to the offbeatr project we decided it was better to completely focus on building the next version 3.0.

Thu May 15, 2014 7:41 pm
Rank 11
Rank 11

I have here a long time as well. I have been waiting for the update as well. However one need to be aware that XMP is doing cutting edge work in this area and often new directions need to be taken to achieve long term goals. Also developing a game is costly both with time and money. We the customers and fans need to lend them our support and cheer them to finish line. As a fan I have been cheering the team for a long time and I believe the release is near.

As for the extra cost it would be a small price to pay for the work that has gone into this game. I for one am willing to pay for the update and new content as my show of support for the team.

Sat May 17, 2014 4:40 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

xpadmin wrote:
but due to the offbeatr project we decided it was better to completely focus on building the next version 3.0.

Again, my bad, sorry.

HOW TO START MODDING

Sat May 17, 2014 5:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]