View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Version 3.0 Feedback 
Rank 7
Rank 7

I don't personally have much to say, as it's pretty short, but I thought I'd try to get the ball rolling here for others, since there's nothing here yet:

First of all, I enjoyed getting the initial experiment to work more than I maybe should have.

I wasn't sure what was going on with the solid-looking, gooey-sounding "plasma" at first, but I eventually got into the goofy Weird Science spirit of things so that by the time a thought bubble asked about the creature, "I wonder which dimension it came from?" I chuckled instead of facepalming.

Speaking of the creature, great job on that creepy hellspawn. I did not want to pick that thing up. Peter really will do anything in the name of science. Such a hero.

The stimulus test was good for some more chuckling. "I just ripped this huge larval thing out of another universe. What to do. How about a slideshow?" Science!

Searching for the creature after its first "escape" and finding the trail on the second floor to Saiko's room was pretty engaging. It's simple, but I appreciate the lack of hand-holding there just as I did with the plasma shift. Really piqued my curiosity when I saw that it looked as if it had tried another door at first.

The state that you find Saiko in is hot as hell. For perspective on that, I have to say here that of all the planned releases, I've been the least interested in 3.0 because I've never "gotten" the tentacle monster kink, or really any monster kinks. But this simple little scene is pretty much the #1 reason I now want to see this story finished. Seeing her artwork just before is the cherry on top, by the way. Nice touch.

The sex scenes in general are obviously improved. The girls are more active participants and their reactions look very good. There's also much less struggling with the physics than in 2.1. I can't tell what was done to improve this, and maybe I'm just better at it now, but if something did change, it's definitely appreciated.

I don't really have anything to say about the rest of what's currently finished, but I did notice some errors/problems in my playthrough:

Typos noticed:
  1. The sign to the second floor of the apartment building reads, "2th".
  2. When looking at Monica's PC, a thought bubble reads, "Maybe there is a problem with one of the server's."
  3. When searching for the creature after its second "escape" and looking in Saiko's room, a thought bubble reads, "I don not think it is here."
  4. During the creature's encounter with Monica, a thought bubble reads, "It gets very exited when I get too close."
  5. When picking up the creature after its encounter with Monica, a thought bubble reads, "Good, he slides in his dormant state again!"

Conversational weirdness:
  1. When first trying to enter Saiko's apartment, a thought bubble prompts you to tell her that you've lost your cat and to ask if she's seen it. I tried a few phrasings, including "I've lost my cat, have you seen it?" as well as simply "I lost my cat." Her dialogue didn't continue until I said, "Have you seen a cat around here?"
  2. When returning to check on Saiko after containing the creature, and seeing her on her bed, getting her dialogue to continue to "I feel sick," seems to accept "Are you OK?" but not "Are you all right?"
  3. After fixing the issue with Monica's PC, getting her dialogue to continue to "Great, let me check," seems to accept "It works now," but not "I've fixed it," or "Problem solved."

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:46 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

First, thanks for the pre-release.

What I liked:

The creature is awesome. First larva is repulsive and the second one is mostly disgusting.

Creature raising was fun. I have never showed a sexual slideshow to bacteria, but now I have to reconsider what to do if I come back to a lab some day.

Both sexual scenes are amazing, including creature part.

New menus, logos and credit section.

What I don't like:

We don't get to know the girls, there is no a single conversation with them. I would liked at least an scene with Saiko before starting the experiment.

Bugs:
The windows mode is not working.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:41 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Agree on what was said above.

Still seeing those stiff hands, which i had hoped would have being gone also.

More story/dialog with the girls would have being nice.
The RFID was a bit confusing at first, entrance needed a swipe.
Then the actual floor needed a press.

Noticed a few times the player char got stuck walking.
Could only stafe left and right, front and back was not working anymore.
This happened after standing at the door on the 2nd floor on day2(evolution 2).

Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:47 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you!

I agree the personalities could have been more detailed in response.
We did not have time and had to release. It is better in the dungeon fast scene.

There are a lot of option to play with in the dungeon scene as well.

I will revise the text errors. Thank you for bringing them to my attention.

For modding best is to look into the filemaker folder of XStoryPlayer 3.0:

- Goto the filemaker folder
- In it you see a file called "start.ini". Uncomment the unpack command.
- Run filemaker.exe
- Now you see an unpacked directory in the pack directory of XStoryPlayer.
- When you run XStoryPlayer you will see two dungeon fast sex scenes (the bin and the unpacked one).
- You can change the files. Especially see the init files and textures/sounds etc...

I will make more info available on modding in the future.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:27 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Along with the typos, there's some awkward phrasing in the conversations. Since it's easy to fix those, I'm going to do that first. I'd like to contribute those changes. What's the best way to do this? I was thinking of using pastebin so people could just copy/paste. And of course X Moon is free to include these fixes. English isn't your native tongue and I'm happy to help.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:34 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

:D its good start not finished, the creature looks like need to maybe increase its size I guess more to be done on creature, 2.1 graphics looked more
natural, I guess that was different engine in 2.1 than in 3.0... 2.1 engine was better .. 2.1 less static than 3.0 the models .. the models in 3.0 are better I'm glad we are progressing 2 years I waited 24 months not a few weeks ...

ah I thought it might be more polished .. I'm glad you threw something out there !! good job!!!!

Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:18 pm
Rank 11
Rank 11

Dear Xpadmin,

1) Never mind the haters. What you've done here is pure awesomeness and anyone who gets hung up on the stuff you haven't done yet is frankly not worthy. Let 'em gripe, stay your course, do great work, don't worry.

2) Read #1 again and get some sleep.

3) Thank you so much for female orgasms. I went straight to the fast sex dungeon and had an utter and complete blast. The way it works with the girls' breathing, humping and facial expressions is genius. On the machine, especially, the girls just come alive. I was completely convinced.

4) The flip side of that is that when they're not being stimulated they hardly blink and they don't breathe. The lack of blinking is especially uncanny - makes them into mannequins. I know this is probably far from the top of your list at the moment, but I really felt like they were half-asleep until they were penetrated.

5) Eager-mode and Happy-mode are too similar. Happy is pretty much what it should be. Eager shouldn't be smiling - it should be serious and focused on finding a way to cum or to submit depending on the girl. I found myself twiddling between happy and scared modes trying to get their responses tuned to that.

6) Pain causing increased arousal/submission is clear (and greatly enjoyable), but there needs to be more of an immediate flinch-response that gradually reduces as the girl becomes more aroused. When Saiko sank down in the stocks under whipping I was really pleased, but whipping Monica on the machine, when she was much more free to flinch but didn't, was way under-powered.

7) Having them flinch the first time you make contact with their clits or clamp something would be great too.

8) Another wonderful pain response would be sweating - clearly that's something the engine can already do and it's a very convincing thing. Oh, and making the girls cry out when struck. Audible begging - even if just the word "please" - would be fantastic. Hmm. I can see audio modding in my future ...

Going to go try the creature part now but for all your efforts on the dungeon to date thank you so much!

Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:39 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@friendly

Thank you very much! It is always difficult to live up to everyone's high expectation.
We also feel that the current version has some really nice features and details.
The orgasm e.g. makes the girl blush and sweat in specific area's as you may have noted.
We tried to add as many things that were suggested on the forum by the community.

We realize that there are still some things that can be improved, so we will dive into that next year.
Like for example girl on girl action.

:)

Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:10 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Quote:
Like for example girl on girl action.

This is something to look forward to.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:27 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Wow, this version is s great step forward! There are a few things to work on still, but that is what patches and future versions are for. Being able to have a larger space to walk around rather than a static location is awesome. The dungeon is awesome too, but I would have liked to have been able to choose the girls from the other version too, since bob is an option so why not the girls too? Also yeah, Girl on girl action would indeed be something to look forward to, and perhaps 3simes in the future too?

Congratulations on this great release!

Last edited by Anaquis on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next