View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 My feedback/bug reports/technical suggestion 
Rank 3
Rank 3

Sup XMoon guys, here's is a huge post for you to read <3

Here are my feedback and suggestions for V3 so far. I realise there is some overlap with other people's feedback, and you already responded to some of it, but for sake of completeness I emptied all my feels here.

Pros
The fact that the sex part of the game actual works well now (with the characters moving automatically once in position) is of course a huge improvement. In version 2 the sex was incredibly slow and clunky, so I kind of stopped playing after the stories were done. The automatic animations appear to be very robust, so you don't have to be pixel perfect with positioning. One minor issue with the auto-anims was that the girl sometimes slowly pushes you back until the penis pops out. I also like the new context-sensitive camera angles, they work great and are a huge improvement over the weird 90 degree turn in V2.

The story is pretty fun (though currently lacking in much tentacle action), and appears to have a lot more interactivity with objects than in V2 (and we don't have to pick up litter multiple times :P). I was kind of dissapointed when I was suddenly greeted with a pop-up saying the fun was over. Looking forward to the finished version, hopefully you are completely done rewriting old code so the content updates will be faster now.

-Edit- I started modding some scripts, looks like they have a lot of possiblities :)

Cons
Although the animations are better and more expansive than in V2, the girls hardly talk (much less than V2). They only respond with a single sentence when you talk to them or when you order them in the dungeon. Other than that, they don't speak at all which is kind of a pity. They don't even blink when you pee in their face. The sound effects are pretty good though, which kind of makes up for it.

-Edit- No more DP possible? Also, why do we have to undress the girls in the dungeon for every action? Would be nice if that was not the case (and it shouldn't since the "give me a blowjob" command just makes her say that i need to undress her, but if I say she should get on her knees she will just start the blowjob regardless)

Minor cons
The metal reflects a forest. And it reflects it hard. That always bothered me in V2, so I decided to change the texture of the spheremap from a forest to just black. In my opinion, the metal looks infinitely better now, although the texture resolution is pretty low on most metal parts, which becomes more obvious without the forest reflection.

Bugs
In the dungeon, I tried to get the girl to go on the stocks, but since I call it a pillory (thats the right term, the stocks only hold the person's feet), it didn't work. I had to google to find the stocks term, which technically is wrong. When trying to get the girl to use the dildo on the floor, I kept calling it floor dildo or similar things, but after looking at the forum apparently it's called pole. That doesn't make any sense to me.

After playing the story, I decided too have a look at the unpack pack files, to see what options we already have for modding. One minor thing I found is in the file nlp_rewrite, you spell skull like scull. So if someone says skull fuck, it doesn't work (minor spelling error).

Technical suggestion
A more pressing issue is that you duplicate assets across the packs. For instance, each pack has the animations and models for the 2 girls in the tentacle story. This is not only an issue for end users, since the size of the program becomes unnecessarily large, but also for development. As programmers you should know that duplicating things is a very bad idea, since you can't trust yourself to always change it eveywhere. Moreover, the problem will keep growing since some stories will share assets and some not etc. Please consider making a single asset pack (why did you not do this in the rewrite?) to save the trouble later on.

Final question
I noticed that the .obj files for the models are in a custom format, unreadable by any 3d modeling software. Is there any possibility of getting the tools required to convert models to this custom .obj format for modding purposes?

I hope this somehow helps the development, and I look forward to (possibly) more frequent updates :)

Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:14 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Yeah i saw in another thread, XPAdmin said the .obj files aren't "Real" .obj's. There will be a better more in depth explanation and tutorials on these, and other files once the wiki is made. but at the moment, they have to do bug fixes for openGL and DirectX issues on some computers. that needs to be sorted first before they make modding wikis and other things. keep an eye on the modding discussion thread for more user info.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Meidengroep

I agree some things can be improved. We also hope that by modding people can add their own preferences.

This is also the reason the assets are not shared in the packs. It makes it easier to mod and distribute a pack.

Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:34 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

Hello
before all sorry for my poor english.

I would like to suggest some improvement:
* the man can only stand and he can't sit or lie
* the girl doesnt do many activities: she could give a handjob, masturbate, etc.
* i think could be usefull a "tool" like hand to let the guy grope and touch tits

Thanks for attention

Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]