View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Suggestions for the "game" side of things 
Rank 1
Rank 1

While XStoryPlayer is great as a physics based sex simulator, which is the primary thing about it, as a game, it has some issues. I'm a pretty hard core gamer, and I think that with a more user friendly experience, this could gain a lot of traction among my peers. Below are some suggestions to improve ease of use, as currently, this feels like far too much work for what should be simpler.

Inventory
Having an inventory screen to store things would make many situations easier.
Ex. Instead of picking up RFID card, using it to open a door, dropping it on the ground to press the elevator button, picking it up again, etc. I simply put it in inventory until I need it again. I could also carry more than one thing this way.

Journal
Even though the current stories are rather short, they are still hard to follow. Having objectives, backlogged conversations, etc. would make them far easier to follow.

Simpler interactions with NPC's
Either have a dialog system, with options, or if you want to keep the freeform typed interactions, more effective ai response with a list of basic instructions built in.

NPC's seem more alive
Watching these women move is painful. They're stilted, super slow, and awkward. In circumstances where the story has them moving from one place to another, it would be nice if they moved more naturally, and less like they are trying to path-find on the fly.

Less physics interactions when unnecessary
It is really annoying to go through doors at present. You have to fight the door's weight with your own, sometimes with something in hand that also fights you. Or you look at your feet, and a bottle can keep you from walking. Can I open a door just by clicking on it. Can my speed be constant even when looking down. That would make things much easier.

These are just some suggestions I hope are implemented in the final state. It would make this game feel like less of a chore in the story segments, and overall improve it greatly.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:04 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

seeker0003 wrote:
While XStoryPlayer is great as a physics based sex simulator, which is the primary thing about it, as a game, it has some issues. I'm a pretty hard core gamer, and I think that with a more user friendly experience, this could gain a lot of traction among my peers. Below are some suggestions to improve ease of use, as currently, this feels like far too much work for what should be simpler.

I take this as a chance to add a few remarks and suggestions of my own.

seeker0003 wrote:
Inventory
Having an inventory screen to store things would make many situations easier.
Ex. Instead of picking up RFID card, using it to open a door, dropping it on the ground to press the elevator button, picking it up again, etc. I simply put it in inventory until I need it again. I could also carry more than one thing this way.

An inventory would be great. Doesn't even have to be too big - just being able to put a couple items in it would be great.

seeker0003 wrote:
Journal
Even though the current stories are rather short, they are still hard to follow. Having objectives, backlogged conversations, etc. would make them far easier to follow.

100% agree

seeker0003 wrote:
Simpler interactions with NPC's
Either have a dialog system, with options, or if you want to keep the freeform typed interactions, more effective ai response with a list of basic instructions built in.

Pretty good example for instructions not working as intended:
Say to a girl "Let me fuck your ass" and she just responds "Be gentle with my ass ok?" Reducing it to "Me fuck your ass" just brings the same response. But after "me fuck ass" the girl finally does, what she's expected to do. Seems she's fond of caveman language.. ;)
She also reacts properly on "Let me fuck that ass", so it seems "your" is the problem here...

Conclusion: give some love to the parser and dialogue options in total. Especially within a story it's sometimes not that funny trying to find out what to say to get a direction... like... Saiko at the door for example. Although it's funny to see what happens, if you tell her "I'm looking for Pussy" when she wants to know why you're at her door :lol:

seeker0003 wrote:
NPC's seem more alive
Watching these women move is painful. They're stilted, super slow, and awkward. In circumstances where the story has them moving from one place to another, it would be nice if they moved more naturally, and less like they are trying to path-find on the fly.

100% agree

seeker0003 wrote:
Less physics interactions when unnecessary
It is really annoying to go through doors at present. You have to fight the door's weight with your own, sometimes with something in hand that also fights you. Or you look at your feet, and a bottle can keep you from walking. Can I open a door just by clicking on it. Can my speed be constant even when looking down. That would make things much easier.

Physics is a great plus of the game. But it's also the greatest problem. Ever tried to push a bench in the dungeon mode to a certain place, just to see it falling down sideways because you've handled it wrong? Ever tried to get that bench into it's normal standing position again? Don't. Just don't. Reload to save a lot of time...

Most things in game have to little virtual weight, so they fly around at the slightest touch. And the surface friction of many things is too low, either. Blankets barely manage to stay on the bed, but always will try to flow off of it.

Then there's the problem with grip points. Anybody found a good way to place the larger tentacle monsters so that the tentacle shows in an intended direction? I always end up using a hard object trying to push them where I want to face them...

Clothes... ah, those clothes... as soon as they are tight fitting, they act like rubber. And even those, that are supposed to look like cloth act as if they were made from some super-extendable rubbery material, that can stretch out nearly forever, just to jump back into it's basic form when you let it go...

seeker0003 wrote:
These are just some suggestions I hope are implemented in the final state. It would make this game feel like less of a chore in the story segments, and overall improve it greatly.

100% agree...

At it's current state, the game is already quite fun to play. But it still needs a lot of polish to make it a "final product". Take your time, though... ;)

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:48 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Great suggestions, especially the journal one. Those thought balloons can be hard to keep track of at times. A journal would help allot to keep the story flowing smoothly. Could be triggered by a hotkey.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:27 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

I also want an inventory, with a size limit that is set by the modder. I also want to be able to give the girls objects that they carry around and the player can steal. I could always do it with verbal commands, but that's messy.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:58 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

The idea of giving an npcl an object is an interesting one. Something like gibing a dildo or vibrator to one npc and instructing that npc to use it on another. Something like that.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:37 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

I agree with the journal and the AI. When something/someone is standing in the destined way of the girls, they just keep standing still until the obstacle is removed. It would be nice if they could find a way around, even though that'd mean that I no longer can block the creature when it tries to fuck Saiko.
But what do you guys need an inventory for? The RFID card from the example is only needed once, when you enter the office building for the very first time. Ass soon as you are through the front door, you can drop it and let it rot in eternity, the elevator funtions without the card and the scanner on the various floors are thumb scanners, you just put your hand on them. The game is quite realistic, putting something like the camera in your pockets would destroy this realism. For bigger objects you would need a bagpack or a briefcase, so instead of the camera you would just carry the briefcase around. And you still would have to pick it up every time you plan to leave your house/lab/appartment.

Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:01 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

I think the card would require implementation of an iventory, long loved by adventure games fans.
A list of items that noone needs to see game physics. This for a simpler interaction ingame.

Monica' s mouse and keyboard jump in the room, still Monuca checks her computer. These objects need to be just clickable like the servers.

I also suggest if possible a review on the physics. Can you check if the physics get mad and in that case make the objects stuck instead of flying? Please try in the new version.

Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:29 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

lol spoken like a true RPG player. "why don't these door move like minecraft!!" I completely understand your frustration here and agree with most of your suggestions, but have a few notes on it.

[quote=] NPC's seem more alive
Watching these women move is painful. They're stilted, super slow, and awkward. In circumstances where the story has them moving from one place to another, it would be nice if they moved more naturally, and less like they are trying to path-find on the fly. [/quote]

This is frustrating to me as well, but i know why it is that way. Applying physics to the npcs like they do make having them move "naturally" in ALL scenarios a very very hard thing to do. The devs had to make a choice, should they walk natural or fuck natural, Considering this games purpose I think were all happy with their choice lol. But it does need work and slowly but surly it will get there. As of now they do have that real feel when they are standing or fucking and that should stay the primary focus. This mainly why i always ask to be able to pull them around with some force. Instead of waiting a full minute for the girl to walk to her cue, i'd rather just pull her there then tell her what to do... even if that does mean i run the risk of literally throwing her lol.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:12 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

I think the slow motion is related to animation only. Can be fixed easily even in modding.
Another thing I think is easy: girls spend some time to walk to thwir waypoint and adjust their position. It can be programmed so the girl first moves to her right position and only then she walks to pole or stocks to fit in her waypoint. Tje player would think only of her hesitation.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]