View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Just a small tease video to make the waiting more bearable 
Rank 15
Rank 15

will be there a development console during the game ?
I mean like a javascript console in our web browsers, and in some games (half-life, sims etc.) ?

It would be easier to test our script and import external files/ libraries etc.
In the case it's planned , is there an autocomplete functions/variables code implented ?

What do you think ?

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:45 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

SWEET! love it, Also love the use of keyframe animations, thats going to make modding alot easier for adding new animations or changing commands we want to give the girl. i assume jiggle0 is the mane of the animation itself but the others can be changed? so if i were to take..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tit.jiggle.you.set =
{
loc.ss.state = JIGGLE0;
loc.ss.state2 = START1;
loc.ss.state3 = NONE;

set_state(loc.ss);
}

To stop the jiggle:

stop.you.set =
{
loc.ss.state = MOVE0;
loc.ss.state2 = START1;
loc.ss.state3 = STAND;

set_state(loc.ss);
}
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And change it to

To start the jiggle:

moo.foo.you.set =
{
loc.ss.state = JIGGLE0;
loc.ss.state2 = START1;
loc.ss.state3 = NONE;

set_state(loc.ss);
}

To stop the jiggle:

Oink.you.set =
{
loc.ss.state = MOVE0;
loc.ss.state2 = START1;
loc.ss.state3 = STAND;

set_state(loc.ss);
}

---------------------------------------------

Now when i say "moo or foo" she will start the juggle, and if i say "oink" she will stop.

Simple and easy for dialogue and linking/changing animations.

But i do have 1 question, is it possible to add more variables or use a "; or :" instead of a period between the words to make the girl not start the action until you use both words in 1 sentence for more complex seeming ai "minds"? I assume you used the same setup for conversation, and if I'm a dirty mood, i wouldn't want her to have the same response to two different sent aces because they have the same words, so I'd like to add more words. so that she will only do a specific action or response if all words are present in 1 sentence. I tried to explain this concept in a thread about making the girls "smarter" where i think i explained it better here--> http://xmoonproductions.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3382 The same idea, just using this code instead.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:03 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

modderman wrote:
Possible to blend in some swaying like idle anim? She looking robotic.

Since she is blinking, I assume the eyes have a constant animation that loops. You may be able to apply that same code and add an animation for other parts of the body, but to make it not interfere with other animations, you'd need to trigger a stop for it whenever another animation were to to be used. The only problem i see with setting a full body idle animation is, the girls now "balance" themselves when you bump them. So adding a static animation to the center (pelvis) or legs may mess that up. If you could just add something specifically targeting the arms and shoulders. not their parents that might work. It would need to be a child using the parent as the location for the animation. That way it applies wherever she is. That's how the eyes are set. The head is the parent and the animation is set to only the child. The parent can still move freely in a 3d world. .. if that makes any sense to you. It makes sense in my head lol, but I'm a self taught animator so I've never had to explain it to other people. =)

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Nautica

The NLP parser is pretty smart. Sentences like 'jiggle your tits', 'can you jiggle your boobs?', 'please jiggle those tits' will result in 'tit.jiggle.you.set'.
But sentences like 'I like jiggling tits' will not. It will convert to 'tit.jiggle.like.me.info' (in other words, info:me like jiggling tits).

Also you can use context. Once the girl is in the state 'JIGGLING' she will react to the command 'stop'.
But she will not react when she is in a state in which the command 'stop' is not relevant. This is because the command 'stop' is declared within the context of the JIGGLING state.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:36 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Nautica
@Modderman

The bounce animation is very simple. Making the 2 keyframes was maybe 10 minutes work.
It is possible to layer animations making the effect look better (less robotic).

But given its simplicity it looks well I think. The clothing, the bones and the soft objects like the breasts are all animated automatically by the physics.
So the upper body is not animated but moved by the forces (muscles) of the animation. This makes it very easy to create all kind of poses and effects without a lot of animation work.

Also the fading between animations is done automatically. E.g. in the video you see the girl automatically fades between the jiggle pose and the stand pose when you enter the command 'stop'. No extra animation work is needed for that.

The physics sometimes also has its difficulties. Especially for very detailed animation work, but that is a trade-off I think (work in progress).

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:51 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Couldn't help but notice that the stocks are in the video. How functional are they?

HOW TO START MODDING

Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:55 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Pickled Cow

Fully functional. :mrgreen:

Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:52 am
Rank 18
Rank 18

looks good great improvements but the underwear look like stripe

Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:29 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@bartux

No sorry, there are no fancy tools for modding. It will be pretty spartan in this regard.
We realize that in game editing and scripting is more user friendly, but currently that is too much work for us to build.

For scripting:
The scripts can be edited using a text editor. By reloading you can test the newly build scripts.

For modeling:
There is a converter tool that converts the 3d-models to the game format.
It is also script based. The advantage is that you can easily rebuild all scenes and objects from one script.

For animation:
There is a test scene in which you can convert motion capture files and map them on the characters.
By providing an initial pose you can map a .bvh file onto a .bvh file that fits the character.

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:04 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

xpadmin wrote:
@bartux

No sorry, there are no fancy tools for modding. It will be pretty spartan in this regard.
We realize that in game editing and scripting is more user friendly, but currently that is too much work for us to build.

For scripting:
The scripts can be edited using a text editor. By reloading you can test the newly build scripts.

For modeling:
There is a converter tool that converts the 3d-models to the game format.
It is also script based. The advantage is that you can easily rebuild all scenes and objects from one script.

For animation:
There is a test scene in which you can convert motion capture files and map them on the characters.
By providing an initial pose you can map a .bvh file onto a .bvh file that fits the character.

What formats does the converter support?

Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next