View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Infinite storry proposal: 
Rank 1
Rank 1

First congratulation with your game it has an enormous potential! And congratulations for the natural language implementation it is not perfect yet but it dose the trick.

However I'm a little bit woried about the storries... Your stories are well done & enjoyable. I even had fun with the dark dreams eventhough I'm not atracted by SM. But the big problem is that a storry is fun to play once & rapidelly becomes boring. I have spend some time reading the posts and understand that you are a small team and therefore not be able to add the large ammount of storry needed to keep this game interesting. From what I have read at term you want to turn it into a full RPG but that would be very progressive & that 2.2 will propose some modding abilities but not stories as it is too complicated for you & for the users.

You might alreading doing things that way but I would like to propose something that I think would enable an easy character creation & moding (the bheaviour not the 3D):

Way back in the past Multi User Dunjons (MUD -> Text based RPG) where available on the net & advanced players could mod the game creating content & interactions easely. similar philosophy could be implemented to have a simple implementation by the users. NPC bheaviour is defined by a generic logic that can be tuned to a specific personality by adequately selecting bheavioural parametters. So the bheaviour of the NPC dose not need to be fully programmed for each different personalities. This alone could make a Free play mode al la AG3 very interesting. But once the personalities are set it will make it easyer to set up an infinite number of story by adding some some programmed actions.

It may seems abstract expressed like that so let me develop how I would see the brain logic: (AG3 & AA seems to use the stats a bit but it is not developped enough).

A set of key parameters defines the mental state of the NPC:
(all might not be required from the start)
    - NPC stats: Strength, Charm, Constitution, Intelligence, inhibition level, possesiveness, shyness, experience...
    - Physical state: Health, Stamina, Hunger, Thirst, Blader, Clealiness, Pain/Comfort...
    - Psychological State: Mood:(Happynes/Anger), Arousal, Pleasure...
    - Feelings [Matrix for all other NPC & player]: Physical attraction, Love, Hate, jealousy...
    - H preferances:
      - Sexual orientation : Attraction level to males, Attraction Level to females
      - A matrix of All H actions: [undress, kiss, BJ, SM, Anal, 3somme...] with:
        - Fantasy level:(Positive value if Fantasies, Negative if dislike)
        - Taboo level how indecent it is to perform the action

Logic rulles defines bheaviour see following exemples:
    - Saying/doing something positive will improve mood & love
    - Intelligence level will reduce this effect for compliments
    - Shyness reduce the NPC's ability to express feelings & exchange with others
    - Arousal is increased by physical attraction, contact, suggestive talk, Attraction level to (Male/Female).
    - The inibition level is the most interesting it is what prevent the NPC from performing her fantasies:
      - An inhibitioh threshold is calculated from the inhibition level of the NPC * the taboo level of the action - experience + Shyness if other NPC are present
      - Arousal + love + Fantasies/Dislike Ranking needs to raise over the inhibition thresold for the NPC to accept an action.
      - Tifany must have a very low inhibition level.

I could go more for further detail but I think you get the point.

Therefore by setting the stats & H preferences one can create any kind of personalities. And just need to add some routines & some events to have a new storry with limited user effort.

This will I hope allow to have an infinite number of storries/interactions generated by the comunity!

I think it can be relatively easy to implements basic NPC logic and little by little expand it to add more complexity to the personalities. If it turns that way there would need to be an easy way to see the created content, dowload it & rate it.

I hope this was not too borring.

Cheers

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@ichojo

I fully understand what you mean. Our thoughts did go into the same direction for a while.

Easy character creation for both 3d model and character would open a lot of possibilities.
But there are a few issues with it I think:

1) Creating interesting characters based on parameters is very hard. They soon become very repetitive.

2) Also the surprise effect will be gone. It think the surprise effect is very important with erotic stories.
    With the surprise effect I mean that the story takes a sudden change in plot. You discover for example that the girl is not who she says who she is and those kind of things.

Same goes for the 3d model. Changing a model based on parameters allows for a lot of different 3d models, but for it to be non-repetitive there should be a lot of features you can change.

So I think it is theoretically possible to make a game this way, it will however need a lot of options that can be parametrized.

For us to make the game this way at this stage would be to much work. We hope to work towards it and have these kind of elements in version 9.9, but it will be a lot of hard work before we get there. So don't expect this soon.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:59 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hi,

I would only partially agree on that as it is true that a symplistic parameter set might lead to boring interactions. However a good & complex personality parametter set coupled whith specific scripting of the surprising features should do the same job as a full scripting of all the NPC actions with a much less effort overall as you only concentrate on the the spice of the storry & not the nitty gritty details to have a character functionning.

In your next moddable version would there be the correct level of interaction to allow a motivated user to implement such kind of logic? -> ability to define variables, ability to perform simple calculations, ability to perform conditional branching?

Cheers

Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:11 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Perhaps, after mod framework is done, a community-created "story". Ediiting 3d models is much easier than making a new one and if there was suitable framework for the girls personality and chat lines.. It's still a crapton of work to implement though. But labeling whole thing community content and treating it as such would kinda reduce the quality concerns.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]