View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Blender Examples 
Rank 14
Rank 14

I'm pretty new to modelling so be kind :), but I'm eager to get stuck in and learn what I can.
These are early concepts and need lots of work and I appreciate they are far from usable currently, but I've been having fun while teaching myself.

I'm looking forward to really getting involved in adding content to the game. In the meantime here are some of the bits I've been working on.

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

I'm so bad at this, but its fun.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:30 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

I do believe we have asked for pillory more than once. The hand holes in the stocks look a little too small but we need to see someone actually in there to determine that. I do also believe that it could use a second piece that can be used to keep the prisoner bent over instead of just kneeling in place.

On superficial problem I have with it is that the station looks like it was craved out of a single piece of wood. Not impossible in real life but it would make the pillory super expensive.

HOW TO START MODDING

Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:56 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

I have a few versions I'm working on. My main problem, as you noted, is applying textures. I suck at unwrapping the UV seams, I just can't get it to look any good.
Hence the single block appearance.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:10 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:48 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Good job! I hope they put this into the game and call it "The KotLPL Stocks" XD

Now they just need to put two side by side and have a girl in each one >_> One can dream! :D

Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:47 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Let's ignore the texture for now and let's look at the mechanical problems.

-There doesn't seem to be a realistic way to load some one into those stocks. The upper stock needs to come on and off vertically or the arms and neck of the person is going to get in the way of closing it, so the top of the frame needs either needs to come off or have space cut in to it.

-The stocks also need to be lockable some how. A henge on end and padlock on the other should do it.

-There's nothing that secures the bottom of the pillory to the ground.

HOW TO START MODDING

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:01 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Pickled Cow wrote:
Let's ignore the texture for now and let's look at the mechanical problems.

-There doesn't seem to be a realistic way to load some one into those stocks. The upper stock needs to come on and off vertically or the arms and neck of the person is going to get in the way of closing it, so the top of the frame needs either needs to come off or have space cut in to it.

-The stocks also need to be lockable some how. A henge on end and padlock on the other should do it.

-There's nothing that secures the bottom of the pillory to the ground.

Thank you for the feedback. I should have said it is nowhere near finished. I am working on the mechanics of it. And have locks, hinges and bolts etc planned out.
These post are more a record of progress. I was going to post a more refined image but I just broke the textures again... sigh.

Mdritch wrote:
Good job! I hope they put this into the game and call it "The KotLPL Stocks" XD

Now they just need to put two side by side and have a girl in each one >_> One can dream! :D

Thank you.

Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:12 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

Slightly improved but incomplete.

Attachments:
Stocks 001.png
Stocks 001.png [ 526.63 KiB | Viewed 37248 times ]
Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:20 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

I think it's progressing really well in just a matter of days! Can't wait to see the final product :)

One day, I'd love it if you or someone else can make a mechanical one, much like the 'chains' currently in the game. That way you can lift the whole thing up or lower it, forcing the girl to a standing doggy, or down onto her knees ;) But, don't know how'd that work with the physics <_<

Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next