View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Offbeatr project 
Rank 7
Rank 7

How about giving the pledgers some kind of beta version?
This would also be a nice compatibility test?
You now,more customer also means more different hardware.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@SpiderJeru & others

Yes I am afraid we will not be able to release XStoryPlayer 2.2 this year.
But this does not mean early adopters will not get a new release.

The features we are developing are more work (as usual in software development) than we had hoped/expected.
But the good news is that we are not stuck or not seeing the end of the tunnel.

Also because of the offbeatr project our primary focus at the moment is building XStoryPlayer 3.0, with the Tentacle Dreams story.

Regards xpadmin

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:53 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

Well, I'm heartbroken by the delay but completely understand. You guys just take your time and get it done the way you want.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@Glepnis

Thank you for understanding. But again, it is only delayed.

Rest regards xpadmin

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

xpadmin wrote:
@Glepnis

Thank you for understanding. But again, it is only delayed.

Rest regards xpadmin

Just keep up the good work. We know that you are working hard to provide us with 3.0.

btw, as a pledger I got your message about the XSP Account Manager. I downloaded it, installed it, entered my account id and it logged in almost instantly. Even though I already bought v2.1 previously, I then decided to test XSP AM further and downloaded and installed v.2.1 from XSP AM. Everything worked perfect and smooth. I appreciate all the work and testing you guys obviously put into it and I just wanted to say: Good job! *cheers*

Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:26 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Just noticed this
Quote:
DEVELOPMENT PROGRESS: 27%

-The Tentacle Dreams story:

Now, I'm going to obsessively open the account manager until it reaches 100%. :oops:

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:06 pm
Rank 9
Rank 9

Simple question:

Is there a reason why you are not releasing the current version as like beta or even Alpha for offbeater's?
Looking at the clips you released it seemed stable enough to be release?

If your reason is the risk of people complaining about buggy release and wont stop whining,
then I can maybe understand. But a dedicated forum moderator would be able to handle those easily.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:14 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

tomten wrote:
Simple question:

Is there a reason why you are not releasing the current version as like beta or even Alpha for offbeater's?

If your reason is the risk of people complaining about buggy release and wont stop whining,
then I can maybe understand. But a dedicated forum moderator would be able to handle those easily.

That is the complete opposite of what a forum moderator is for. Also, not how you treat paying customers. Which doesn't include me, because, you know...

From what I know about game development, if they haven't released an interim version between now and then, then that means that there are a lot of unfinished and/or unstable elements to dummy out or hide away from the player. This would me more work down the road.

The majority of people who have signed up for the forums have done so because they see the potential that XSP has. I'm personally trying to get the users at DigitalEro forums to convert models made for Gmod and SourceFilmMaker to work with XSP. But until XPadmin releases more info on modding, there is only so much I can do there.

HOW TO START MODDING

Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:04 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

I believe that a to-do list with the pending jobs of the 2.2, as Miro is doing with G4E DLC, is a better idea that access to the beta.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:22 pm
Rank 9
Rank 9

Pickled Cow wrote:
tomten wrote:
Simple question:

That is the complete opposite of what a forum moderator is for. Also, not how you treat paying customers. Which doesn't include me, because, you know...

From what I know about game development, if they haven't released an interim version between now and then, then that means that there are a lot of unfinished and/or unstable elements to dummy out or hide away from the player. This would me more work down the road.

The majority of people who have signed up for the forums have done so because they see the potential that XSP has. I'm personally trying to get the users at DigitalEro forums to convert models made for Gmod and SourceFilmMaker to work with XSP. But until XPadmin releases more info on modding, there is only so much I can do there.

No, Moderator are suppose to suppress unnecessary whining and/or wrongfully topics/posts. You are talking about the devs or Techguy's (different names on different forums), they try to help the users when problems occur. My point being.. Moderator are the lowest of the force and as such are only there so filter out the real junk.
Your problem is not a customer wide problem and is as such lower prio, its not called not helping, its called priority.

When I or rather our team used to create games we always had a working version, and we were working on new version with one new feature. In meanwhile the older version was always the main test for other (friends and whatnot) so that they could test. See if they had some problems, and when such arrived we noted it, collected info and put it on to-do-list. This is a valid method, just look at the minecraft or Steam Greenlight section, updates every week with small but some features, and sometimes they do ruin the whole game but so what. Its an alpha/beta.
In XSP's case this would maybe increase the community<->product connection and thus making more players interested.

Modding is really a thing that would increase players interests, when seeing other's mod like Laura in XSP's engine and features.. I mean wow, how many would NOT go for that?

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next