View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 think i just found your models out there..... 
Rank 6
Rank 6

I know right! that hair length is perfect!
we just need to make it pure black and make the skin a bit more toned down and it would be perfect in my eyes XD
then again the same could be said with Saiko too XD

long hair like Jenna right there only black on Saiko <3 XD

Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:12 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Love it, but i can see why they kept it short. Long hair is hard to keep looking real-ish in game unless the individual strands can move separately. For long hair pigtails or a ponytail would look better, but real deal long hair would be challenging to make look right in any other position then standing.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:17 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

Having done some looking into the way that models are used in games, Nautica is very right. The extreme high polycounts would bring many modern gaming engines to their knees very quickly. That said, there is probably room for improvement in the detail of the models.

Most games (If not all) use normal maps for this. These 'normals' are textures that add depth and detail where the model doesn't have it. Bump maps are another way of adding detail that doesn't exist on the model itself.

Do not overlook the fact that with the modding tools being released, we COULD see higher poly, high-res models and textures being released by the community! There's no reason that we couldn't have a variant of Skyrim's CBBE body implemented, complete with some of the beautiful textures that modders have done. (We would have to ask their permission of course).

I would say that it's clear that the xmoon team probably purchased the lower poly versions of the models from turbosquid. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that! It probably allowed them to concentrate on building the physics without having to spend a very long time completely modeling a new body from scratch...let alone variants of it for the different girls.

Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:28 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes we use stock models as basis for XStoryPlayer.
The artist has done customizations for us to make them more suitable for erotic gaming.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:52 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

@xpadmin
You have a very small Team and very low Resources.

I'm a Developer (Business Software) and i understand the Problems you have.
I tried to create simple 2D Games Years ago.
The whole Process of a Game Creation is today so complex, that you need more Resources than the most Devs have.
Its a big difference today than 20 Years ago.

So i understand it and its okay that you bought the Modelsand used them.
The most heavy Part is to give them the needed Animations and implement this Models into the game.
Then you have interactions with responses, that makes the whole thing more complex.
For the first Version this was hard coded, that it makes more expensive.
In the End it is sheaper to buy them then create them self.
And with the new AI Script Engine the future development should be much easier now.

And in the End the Girls are the most important Part of the Game.
So its better to take professional Models then creating own Models that need much Time and Skill.

T-Virus

Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@T-Virus

Could not have phrased it better myself.

High end gaming is pretty difficult these days due to the high expectations.
We have to use the available resources as best we can.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:03 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

xpadmin wrote:
The artist has done customizations for us to make them more suitable for erotic gaming.

The characters really cost very expensive! almost "400$>2000$" :shock:
I hope you can put all the character (nikola dechev and PeartVision), in the "final" version ?

:o It is possible to put this characterfor future releases?

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:17 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

@Adn
I thought about that yesterday.
Would be cool for Version 5.0 that plays in Space :D
But it would be difficult to integrate.
Maybe there is another Model later.

Or it can be integrated in a later Scenario.
Would be interesting.

Edit:
That would be awesome: http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I ... /ID/542057
Maybe the could a Medieval Scenario ;)

T-Virus

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:33 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Adn wrote:
xpadmin wrote:

The characters really cost very expensive! almost "400$>2000$" :shock:
I hope you can put all the character (nikola dechev and PeartVision), in the "final" version ?

:o It is possible to put this characterfor future releases?

As is they have told us about all their models they have added to the game. Other characters like the one you pointed out and other niches could be added with modding quite easily. as is we know that they are using Maya for this and may does support many 3d model types, it also lets you convert and rig models so if anyone finds a model they want added all they need to do is have another person with maya convert that model for use in game. For now we have to wait for the final release of 3.0 and the info from the devs. Which they have said they plan on adding to this forum.

I've been using daz3d for posing and animating scenes for many years now. I'm no expert but I can always figure it out. I've just started messing around with maya and I'm learning the basics now. From what I've learned so far, maya is like daz studio and photoshop mixed, The UI is very intuitive for someone who is familiar with these other programs. (which i am) I do sculpt in real life with wood and clay so transferring my skills to a 3d world isn't too much of a challenge. Hopefully, I'll be able to create, edit and convert models for this game as well. Or if i could just use morphs and sliders to edit my existing models in daz, export and convert them to be stand alone models, then adjust and tweak them in maya, that would be ideal and i could literally make anyone. I know its possible, just need to do a little more research on which plugins do that.

These are some good maya tutorials I've been using to lean this program https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMechanicalEng/search?query=maya I know most of his playlists are videos from the infinite skills series on autodesk. you need to download the working files elsewhere to follow along with the hands on exercises. Gotta love free education on the interwebs =)

Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:04 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Long time lurker here, I made an account to post only this one little sick joke.

Nikola's Sandra v2.0 model when? Look it up yourself.

That one little (HAH) joke aside, guy is really talented and/or dedicated - hats off to the level of detail he puts into his models. From the humongous resolution to - sic - anatomically correct bite. I'm in awe.

Back to lurking.

Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next