View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Mod development sub-thread. 
Rank 16
Rank 16

With the modding update (most likely) within a week of release, many of the users here have ideas for features that they way to see in game that could be implemented as mods, or ideas that could be implemented in the form of a replaced model or texture. Due to the coming flood of mod requests from people (especially as the game's community grows over time), I would like to suggest that the dev team for this website add a new sub section to the modding section.

These are the sub threads that would be in the sub section:
  • Mod Requests (Where users can request that their idea(s) be turned into mods)
  • Mod Development and Released Mods (Where modders update the status of their mods, in addition to releasing them)
  • Modding Support (Where modders can ask questions to each other about how to code "this, that, and the other thing")
  • 3D Model/Texture Request (Where either users can ask for replacement models/textures for stock elements, or where modders can ask for 3D models/textures for their mods)
  • 3D Model/Texture Development and Release (Where 3D modelers and graphic designers can update the status of their models and graphics, in addition to releasing them)
  • 3D Modeling/Texture Support (Where 3D modelers and graphic designers can ask questions to each other about 3D modeling and graphic design)

P.S. I've heard that many of the modders in the the major anime/manga/hentai forum "Hongfire" are looking closely at this next release, presumably so they can mod the game. I'm not sure just how true this is, but I can vouch for how quickly mods come out for games on that site once a game has at least some sort of modding support *points to the fact that English translators for Illusion's games come out within a few days of release*.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:13 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

This is a very good idea, creating the suggested section where we can ask and answer questions, as well as release and update mods.

I'm also rather excited to hear that Hongfire modders are interested. Why? Because they do some great stuff... :P

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:59 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Would rather see as sub boards than threads, but good idea.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:48 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

modderman wrote:
Would rather see as sub boards than threads, but good idea.

I'm not really good with those sorts of terms, but I think "board" might be what I meant to say.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:50 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

TheMohawkNinja wrote:
With the modding update (most likely) within a week of release, many of the users here have ideas for features that they way to see in game that could be implemented as mods, or ideas that could be implemented in the form of a replaced model or texture. Due to the coming flood of mod requests from people (especially as the game's community grows over time), I would like to suggest that the dev team for this website add a new sub section to the modding section.

These are the sub threads that would be in the sub section:
  • Mod Requests (Where users can request that their idea(s) be turned into mods)
  • Mod Development and Released Mods (Where modders update the status of their mods, in addition to releasing them)
  • Modding Support (Where modders can ask questions to each other about how to code "this, that, and the other thing")
  • 3D Model/Texture Request (Where either users can ask for replacement models/textures for stock elements, or where modders can ask for 3D models/textures for their mods)
  • 3D Model/Texture Development and Release (Where 3D modelers and graphic designers can update the status of their models and graphics, in addition to releasing them)
  • 3D Modeling/Texture Support (Where 3D modelers and graphic designers can ask questions to each other about 3D modeling and graphic design)

P.S. I've heard that many of the modders in the the major anime/manga/hentai forum "Hongfire" are looking closely at this next release, presumably so they can mod the game. I'm not sure just how true this is, but I can vouch for how quickly mods come out for games on that site once a game has at least some sort of modding support *points to the fact that English translators for Illusion's games come out within a few days of release*.

While I am not a major modder, I am friendly with most of the modders over at Hongfire and it is absolutely a fact that we Hongfirians are very excited about this release.

I have seen many adult games come and go in my 8 years on that site and none of them have the potential for greatness that this masterpiece promises to deliver.

I plan on acting as a mediator between this forum and the Hongfire forums to help with mod requests and releases, so if you have anything that you need presented to the modders in our private forums then I can be one of the people that would be approachable.

I personally plan on introducing ag least some texture mods (that is where my particular strength lies) and possibly I want to create some scenarios with custom models. I have these ideas running through my head that I think would interest some people. Sorry, no spoilers.

Oh, and by the way, I second your motion for a modding section with sub-forums.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:58 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Searching for a mod on Hongfire ends up searching the whole modding thread... And after a thousand clicks, chances are good that you find a dead link. Try searching for the Highheels Mod for AG3. ^^

This game will make people produce a awesome amount of mods! Clothing, Stories, Characters, Toys, Tools, Locations. Vast amount of content will be created as soon as the game breaks it cage and becomes more popular. Which will happen some weeks after V3 is released. Some people call such an event a singularity...

No - Using a Forum for mod management ist a bad idea!
There shoud be a mixed system between Forum, Blog and something like an Online shop (NO - Lesson learned - Not to sell anything!) based on the princibles of Metacafe and Wikipedia. Any thing like the sourceforge site.

The Idea is:
Some Modder can create a "Product" (or Mod). Then he/she tags the Mod with Keywords and gives it a short description and a name and maybe uploads a Gameplay video and screenshots. Keywords act like Categories and are browseable. The Mods Creator becomes a Moderator of this specific "Product" Page. An Author may assign roles to common users for his Mod Page (Roles like Moderator, Dev, VIP, etc...).
Other Users may alter the Description of the Mod and select new Keywords or remove Keywords which do not match the mods content. They also may Upload screenshots and videos. Users may also change the Title, but the original Title is always visible as second Heading.
Common user changes may be voted to effect or instantly apply if a moderator accepts them.
On the Mods Mainpage, there is a Discuss section which is like a thread in a Forum and a Blog Section where the author of the mod may post release and change notes.
and the Bugs Section - well which should be used to keeps track of Bugs...
Last but not Least a Subversion System could be utilized.

The system should be self organizing using the collective mind.

This way everything is well sorted and user friendly. Using a plain Forum will end up in the same mess like on Hongfire. No offense! - Hongfire and its community are great, but searching for something is a pain in the a** in Topics with over 400 Pages ...

This System could also be used for a 3D Printing community i think.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:59 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

rezzabae wrote:
Searching for a mod on Hongfire ends up searching the whole modding thread... And after a thousand clicks, chances are good that you find a dead link. Try searching for the Highheels Mod for AG3. ^^

This game will make people produce a awesome amount of mods! Clothing, Stories, Characters, Toys, Tools, Locations. Vast amount of content will be created as soon as the game breaks it cage and becomes more popular. Which will happen some weeks after V3 is released. Some people call such an event a singularity...

No - Using a Forum for mod management ist a bad idea!
There shoud be a mixed system between Forum, Blog and something like an Online shop (NO - Lesson learned - Not to sell anything!) based on the princibles of Metacafe and Wikipedia. Any thing like the sourceforge site.

The Idea is:
Some Modder can create a "Product" (or Mod). Then he/she tags the Mod with Keywords and gives it a short description and a name and maybe uploads a Gameplay video and screenshots. Keywords act like Categories and are browseable. The Mods Creator becomes a Moderator of this specific "Product" Page. An Author may assign roles to common users for his Mod Page (Roles like Moderator, Dev, VIP, etc...).
Other Users may alter the Description of the Mod and select new Keywords or remove Keywords which do not match the mods content. They also may Upload screenshots and videos. Users may also change the Title, but the original Title is always visible as second Heading.
Common user changes may be voted to effect or instantly apply if a moderator accepts them.
On the Mods Mainpage, there is a Discuss section which is like a thread in a Forum and a Blog Section where the author of the mod may post release and change notes.
and the Bugs Section - well which should be used to keeps track of Bugs...
Last but not Least a Subversion System could be utilized.

The system should be self organizing using the collective mind.

This way everything is well sorted and user friendly. Using a plain Forum will end up in the same mess like on Hongfire. No offense! - Hongfire and its community are great, but searching for something is a pain in the a** in Topics with over 400 Pages ...

This System could also be used for a 3D Printing community i think.

While I understand you're concern, and agree that Hongfire does get messy, Hongfire covers a massive area of anything drawn in the anime art style.

When you look at closer examples like Minecraft and Kerbal Space Program, the system of using the forum to distribute mods works cleanly, even though they have relatively large communities.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:12 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

If someone has other idea on modding site, they can try to make themselves. To get start, subforums will work.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:48 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

I posted a thread on Loverslab forums as well. they host alot of skyrim and fallout mods there and many of their files use the same formats as Xstory. Models textures and skeletons ect. lets see how many modders we can draw to this game. =)

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

For modding best is to look into the filemaker folder of XStoryPlayer 3.0:

- Goto the filemaker folder
- In it you see a file called "start.ini". Uncomment the unpack command.
- Run filemaker.exe
- Now you see an unpacked directory in the pack directory of XStoryPlayer.
- When you run XStoryPlayer you will see two dungeon fast sex scenes (the bin and the unpacked one).
- You can change the files. Especially see the init files and textures/sounds etc...

I will make more info available on modding in the future.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next