View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Conversation fixes 
Rank 16
Rank 16

I've made a bunch of fixes to the conversations, fixing typos and awkward phrasing. I'd love to share this, but I'm not sure what would be best - pastebin, uploading the changed files somewhere, or even uploading the repacked bins. This last one would be easiest for all, but I'm not sure if X Moon would be cool with that.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:02 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

burning wrote:
I've made a bunch of fixes to the conversations, fixing typos and awkward phrasing. I'd love to share this, but I'm not sure what would be best - pastebin, uploading the changed files somewhere, or even uploading the repacked bins. This last one would be easiest for all, but I'm not sure if X Moon would be cool with that.

I normally use Dropbox personally.

If XMP programmed their own unpacker, and repacker, for the purposes of modding the game, I don't think they would be opposed to people throwing BINs over the Internet, since that kinda seems like what they expected people to do IMO.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:04 pm
Rank 6
Rank 6

for general files i would use either Mega.co.nz or a GoogleDrive as they both have no limit in anyway for downloads and always supports full download speeds for me at 14MB/s.

then again, arnt we talking about text files here? Google might do tho :D

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:19 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

If you can cram them into a file that is under a 3 megabytes, you probably just attach it to a post as a zip.

HOW TO START MODDING

Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:34 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

First off, Great that you've already been working on getting some fixes out!

This brings up a question from me however, and it'll probably need a response from Xpadmin....

Where would we put a fixed bin file, so that it would NOT overwrite the original files, but would simply add to them. I.E. the game would read this file first and incorporate the changes, without overwriting the original bin file?

Is this possible?

Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:15 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

If we could have a full list of the text errors that would be much appreciated.

So we can update and fix the errors.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:12 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

This is a zip of the changed files. Instructions are in the readme.txt. I've included a patch file. Will that help, xpadmin?

Attachments:
Tentacle_Dreams_Conversation_Fixes.zip [42.05 KiB]
Downloaded 730 times
Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:14 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

MasterAaran wrote:
First off, Great that you've already been working on getting some fixes out!

This brings up a question from me however, and it'll probably need a response from Xpadmin....

Where would we put a fixed bin file, so that it would NOT overwrite the original files, but would simply add to them. I.E. the game would read this file first and incorporate the changes, without overwriting the original bin file?

Is this possible?

You can actually have multiple copies of stories, using different folder names or even different bin names. The code that tells the game to load the story from that bin/folder is in a file inside the bin/folder. So you could have both the original and a copy with changes. You could have multiple different mods this way, play whichever you're in the mood for.
Merging mods, however, is another story.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:19 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

burning wrote:
This is a zip of the changed files. Instructions are in the readme.txt. I've included a patch file. Will that help, xpadmin?

How are you understanding some of the naming conventions. I understand the stuff like feedback.s or say.s, I can't quite figure out what WAIT_FINISH is in a statement like state.dyn.me.do.state2 = WAIT_FINISH;. Is there a place where these are assigned? Also, I'm not sure what to make of the RUN0 files, I'm guessing that's the order of the scenes?

Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:54 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

herts24 wrote:
burning wrote:

How are you understanding some of the naming conventions. I understand the stuff like feedback.s or say.s, I can't quite figure out what WAIT_FINISH is in a statement like state.dyn.me.do.state2 = WAIT_FINISH;. Is there a place where these are assigned? Also, I'm not sure what to make of the RUN0 files, I'm guessing that's the order of the scenes?

Most constants are defined in init\std\base\lib\defines.dat
But WAIT_FINISH is internal it seems.

And yes, run*.dat files are in order of sequences. But it looks like the filenames are arbitrary, and must be defined in the code.
case (state.dyn.me.do.state)
{
[RUN00] run00_state();
[RUN0] run0_state();
[RUN1] run1_state();
[RUN2] run2_state();
[RUN3] run3_state();
[RUN4] run4_state();
[RUN5] run5_state();
[RUN6] run6_state();
[RUN7] run7_state();
[RUN8] run8_state();