View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 [UTILITY] XSP Quick Packer/Unpacker v1.2 
Rank 16
Rank 16

XSP Quick Packer/Unpacker v1.2

>> This software is not made by X-Moon Productions, nor does X-Moon Productions give any support on it.
>> Use it on own judgment and risk.

Introduction: Okay guys, so seeing as to install any mods, you have to: Go into a file, comment out (and uncomment) blocks of code, close the file (hoping you didn't delete any other characters), and then finally run a .exe just to allow yourself to get into the main folder to get into the right sub-folder to install the right file (although Pickled Cow has kinda found a solution to that last little bit), I have used my skills in C++ to make a GUI easy-to-use packer and unpacker.

Installation: XSP Quick Unpacker.exe doesn't need to be placed anywhere specific, so feel free to put it anywhere you like.

How To Use: While it is currently a bit anal about some things (no pun intended to the fact that this is a sex game), it is designed to be very easy to use.

1. Select the story you wish to pack/unpack.

2. Paste the address of the main XSP 3.0 folder (e.g. "C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\X Moon Productions\XStoryPlayer 3") in the "Root Path" textbox. NOTE: There cannot be a slash at the end of the address.

3. Select whether you wish to pack or unpack the file/folder.

4. Hit "Start!" button.

After step #4, you will see a command prompt box flash on screen, and filemaker.exe open up. Let filemaker.exe do it's thing, and when it is done, you may close both programs.

REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE BACKUPS TO YOUR .BINS IN CASE OF GLITCHES

Known Issues:
  • When unpacking pack0.bin, it may add a series of folders that correspond with the folder's own address. Since pack0 isn't a story, this doesn't affect anything on a practical level, but is something for me to look into nonetheless.
  • Currently incompatible with Windows XP.

Bug Reporting: If you guys are having any issues, please reply with what exactly happened wrong (screenshots preferred), whether or not it was before or after filemaker.exe was executed, and what your computer's OS is.

Change Log:
  • v1.1
    • Updated platform toolkit from v100 to v110 (may fix some issues with crash on start up).
  • v1.2
    • Rebuilt as "Release" configuration as opposed to "Debug". Should fix everyone's (except XP users ATM) crash on startup issues *crosses fingers*

Future Plans:
  • Make file path tolerant to whether or not a slash is present at end of path
  • Textbox for custom stories
  • Custom icon
  • Save root path to streamline process
  • Make compatible with Windows XP

Attachments:
XSP Quick Unpacker v1.2.zip [173.25 KiB]
Downloaded 6923 times

Last edited by TheMohawkNinja on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:22 am, edited 6 times in total.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:01 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Does this program require something higher than Windows XP, because I get a "needs to close" error whenever I try to run it.

HOW TO START MODDING

Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:28 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

Pickled Cow wrote:
Does this program require something higher than Windows XP, because I get a "needs to close" error whenever I try to run it.

Hmm... hard to say. Running the program in compatibility mode with XP SP2 works fine for me (although, I've never been quite sure just how compatibility mode works, so how relevant it is to mention that is unknown to me). Unfortunately, I don't have an computer that uses XP anywhere near me, so I can't check to see.

EDIT: Upon doing a bit of research, it appears as though the latest version of C++ has some compatibility issues with XP. This was solved in the 2012 version of the development software that I am using, but I only have the 2010 version.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:33 am
Rank 6
Rank 6

program terminates here also.
w7 ultilmate 64

Quote:

Signature du problème :
Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
Nom de l’application: XSP Quick Packer-Unpacker.exe
Version de l’application: 0.0.0.0
Horodatage de l’application: 54891aad
Nom du module par défaut: KERNELBASE.dll
Version du module par défaut: 6.1.7601.18409
Horodateur du module par défaut: 53159a86
Code de l’exception: e0434352
Décalage de l’exception: 0000c42d
Version du système: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
Information supplémentaire n° 1: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Information supplémentaire n° 3: 0a9e
Information supplémentaire n° 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

hope it wil help

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:48 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Filemaker can use the following command arguments at startup:

- path : Startup directory
- start : startup script
- width : width of window
- height : height of window

Like this:

c:/your_path/filemaker.exe -path "c:/your_path/Filemaker/" -start "start.ini" -width 400 -height 300

Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:04 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

Who here has gotten it to work, and what OS are you using? I'd like to see if the issue with Windows 7 is only his computer or not, and so I can get a full list of compatibility issues.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:15 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

sucellus3212 wrote:
program terminates here also.
w7 ultilmate 64

hope it wil help

I'm looking into it (thank God for Google Translate) :lol: .

Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:16 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

I might be able to test it later on. I'm making my own right now (more as a programming exercise now rather than any competition to you ;)...)

Just a suggestion. You might consider having a way (Via button or automatically) that the software creates a backup of the original .ini files or .bin files for people.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:16 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

MasterAaran wrote:
I might be able to test it later on. I'm making my own right now (more as a programming exercise now rather than any competition to you ;)...)

Just a suggestion. You might consider having a way (Via button or automatically) that the software creates a backup of the original .ini files or .bin files for people.

I thought about including a fresh .ini in the .zip, but seeing as the program deletes are rewrites the file each time, any errors could be solved either by re-clicking the start button, or correcting errors in the typed in root path.

As for the .BINs, yeah it might be worth having the program do that since the whole idea is to streamline the process.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:34 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

xpadmin wrote:
Filemaker can use the following command arguments at startup:

- path : Startup directory
- start : startup script
- width : width of window
- height : height of window

Like this:

c:/your_path/filemaker.exe -path "c:/your_path/Filemaker/" -start "start.ini" -width 400 -height 300

Are there mor args available?

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next