View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 stories or simulator 
Rank 12
Rank 12

Agreed, the story is what makes the game for me. Sure, fast sex options are interesting to tool around with, but I'm in this for the ultimate version with branching story paths, multiple girls, and the whole enchilada. Perhaps it's just because v3 isn't completed, but v2's stories just feel "better" to me, even if virtually every other aspect of v3 is superior. I want a game with a world as big and complex as something like the Fallout games or Elder Scrolls games, but with a focus on sex, not killing mutants or dragons. That's what I hope this eventually becomes, not just a generic storyless sex simulator that the OP is wanting, because there's already plenty of stuff like that available.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:55 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

I'm on the side of the story fans as well. Imagine, if you will, playing FarCry 3. Wouldn't it have been great to have unleashed sex with the girls after rescuing them? Or maybe talk one of he village girls into a little fun? Xstoryplayer puts you in a scenario that deliberately adds eroticism to sex. V2 were some pretty erotic stories, and I can just imagine how different they would turn out if they were developed after they completed 6.0. The developers are taking the steps that create all of the necessary techniques of scripting and graphics while producing tantalizing enjoyment for the fans along the way. V3 illustrated just how much the differences will be realized along the way, and quite masterfully, I might add. V4 with Julio and the geek girl is gonna be even more distinctive. The stories are serving their purpose, and I am quite sure you will be very pleased with the way they are doing things once the university is complete, I can assure you. :D

Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:48 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

I'm on the story side as well. I've given thought to all the sex games I've played and the ones with stories are the ones I enjoy the most. The sex sim does need to be developed, but it should be there to support the story, not the other way around.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:25 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

You should definitely concentrate on expanding the story/free-roam aspect of the game. I'm sure it's pretty obvious that most of us are into it for the story. That's what separates it from the dozens or hundreds of other sex sims out there.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:02 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

:shock: physics work and A I in programing to me is infinite and can go own forever in a game like this keep developing it and working on it!! do the best you all can keep up the good work.....

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:31 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

You guys do not really understand the essence of the problem.All of you want only new stories and clothes(which do not correctly take off from the body).But why do we need stories,if the characters to interact are more like a wooden dummies.The heroines has no more or less believable emotions and corresponding the actions of the player behavior .I'm not saying that stories not needed at all,if they are interesting and intriguing - it's good for the project.
P.S.Although I'm pretty sure that people like me very a little bit here and vote of the majority simply outweigh ours.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:01 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

V_2540 wrote:
You guys do not really understand the essence of the problem.

The essence of the problem is: X Moon Productions is a very small group of people. So everything will take some time before it happens. AND when looking at the offbeatr.com site, look under "stretch goals" and see what the producers have planned and "promised". You want more than that? Then help them to gain more money, so they can spend more time and personnel on the game. :)

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:44 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

It's not the number of people in the team,but in their vision of the game - what they want to implement and how it will look.It will pay for itself in terms of money.But part of the problem in the forum's members,many want storylines and worthless pile of clothes.It is the people who set the direction of development.But why no one wants to see exactly "That" sex simulator that will surpass many of the creations of the Japanese.And in terms of beauty and meaning.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

..--..

I waited a while to see how the discussion progresses, but I have been following it closely. :)

Even though the title has a bit of a negative connotation ;), most comments are constructive criticism, and that is a good thing.

To give more insight in the direction we want 'the train to take', here is a high level description of our ideal game.

----------------------------------------
Self awareness

Characters should be able to make decisions themselves. They make decisions based on their attitude against other characters and the first person player.
The characters have a memory, a personality, self awareness. This sounds somewhat complicated so here is an example:

Red-riding-hood:
- Knows she is pretty [me.know.pretty = 90%]
- Character is a arrogant [me.personality.arrogant = 80%]
- Scared of wolf character [me.wolf.scared = 100%]
- Likes hunter [me.hunter.like = 90%]
- ... etc...

So the character is defined by a lot of personality and memory parameters. The game developer/modder has to do this for all the story characters.
Once the characters are defined they automatically react to the first person player and the other characters.
If the wolf gets close she runs away. If the hunter gets close she makes an arrogant flirting remark.

In essence you do not build a story, but create an environment, place characters in it, define the characters and your story is set.
The better the characters are defined, the more depth the story will have.

Visuals

To make it possible to have diverse stories and environments, there has to be a scene and character generator.
Using sliders you should be able to create a character that is suitable for the story you want to create.
Also the amount of clothing has to be diverse.

In the red-riding-hood example a blond girl with a red dress has to be created. Also a cap has to be available.
Because most likely not all clothing will be available in advance, it should be possible to add new cloth in an easy way.

Same with the environments. Creating the wood-scene with the grand-mother house should be easy to do.
This also shows that in order for the engine to support this, a lot has to be build by us.

Erotic animations

Most adult stories will end in 'getting' the girl somehow. For red-riding-hood it could be defined as follows:

Red-riding-hood:
- If wolf is killed [me.know.hunter.wolf.killed = true]
- If hunter made two compliments [me.hunter.relation >= 70%]

Then she will undress in the woods. After that several sexual positions and interactions should be possible.

Ideal situation

In the ideal situation, a story writer should be able to build a basic story in a matter of days.
More complex stories should take a maximum of a few weeks.

Basically it should be like Minecraft for making (adult) stories.

How do we get there

There are basically two scenarios to get there:
- The road we are on now, namely improving with every iteration until we reach the ideal adult game engine.
- Venture Capital. The potential of building games for adults is very high, so we will investigate this direction this year as well.

Final

We would love a game engine were people can easily create their own stories/fantasies and we think we can realize it.
We will do our utmost best to get there, and the feedback we are getting from the community really helps to focus and keep us on track.

But we have to make a few big steps to get there! The current version's have scratched a lot of aspects we want to realize, and I think people notice the potential it has.
But we are still far from the ideal engine and we know an huge amount of work still has to be done.

Thanks! :D :D :D

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:58 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

xpadmin wrote:
Self awareness

I REALLY hope you manage to do that, 'cause that will help story telling a lot. And from the coding I've seen, I guess a few parts of that are already in the engine and the modders are just lacking the informations needed to use it.

xpadmin wrote:
Visuals

Scene and character generator would be great - sometime.
Right now, to get some serious modding on the way, I guess adding the girls from V2.0 to the V3.0 format would allow many different scenes.
The doctors's room shows what already can be done with the stuff in game for rooms. And a lot of the other stuff sure could be recycled by the modders, too.

xpadmin wrote:
Erotic animations

Blu3 did some nice stuff with different positions already. Some work better than others, but I guess that's because of the language for the .dat files needed is still not 100% understood. So some more informations about it in the Wiki would be great and helping a lot, I guess.

xpadmin wrote:
Ideal situation

To be able to set up a basic story in a short time, there would have to be quite a few easy to use tools. The character generator you already mentioned, and then tools to either make clothing and other stuff for the game or at least an easy option to import them.
If you throw in an editor to edit the girls poses within the 3d view of the game by using some kind of puppet mode that would be able to set starting positions for the body and it's different parts and the movements you want these to make even new positions would be easy to do and possibly even put up on the forum for everybody to use - keeping you from having to do them ;)

xpadmin wrote:
How do we get there

You already did crowdfunding - with some success - but until now you haven't used the next best thing to it's fullest: crowd abilities getting used to help you.
Right now there are a few people with the abilities and the equipment - software-wise - that use these for modding. If less abilities - due to easier to understand code - and easier to get software - like 3D software, that's available free of charge on the interwebz - would be needed, there might be even more people using their - lesser - skills to add to your game, maybe giving you more time to spend on other things that need to be done for the game.
There's quite a few people here on the forum, ready to spend some of their time to enhance the experience we all get from the game. Give them more support and they will reward you for it, I bet!

xpadmin wrote:
Final

Yes, the current version is already a great step in the right direction!
Yes, there's still a lot to be done to make the game even better.
So give them modders some needed info and some tools, so they can help you reaching the full potential of the game.

Just look what already has been done by them:
  • new clothes and textures for old clothes
  • hi-res body texture for Saiko
  • up to four girls in the same scene
  • task_freesex.dat, that could be used to keep an arousal state even when girls change positions (...at least I *think* it could, but right now I've not found the part of the normal .dat files coding that keeps me from doing it :( )
  • new rooms with new textures
  • new toys - even the stocks came mostly from a modder, right?
  • and more stuff I just forgot to mention here...

Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next