View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 transparent textures rendering 
Site Admin
Site Admin

@laissemoirire

Yes it should be possible to change the texture of the cloth from within the settings menu.

In the stat_saiko.dat file this is already done e.g.:

Code:
s5
  {   
    name = "Dress color";

v0 = "Default";
    v1 = "Pink";
    v2 = "Black Latex";
    v3 = "Pink Latex";
    v4 = "Red Latex";
    v5 = "Green Latex";
    v6 = "Blue Latex";
    v7 = "Transparent";
    v8 = "scenes/textures/cloth/cloth2_jpg.dds"; // Texture is set here

vn8 = "Color";

obj  = SAIKO;
    obj2 = 0;
    type = CLOTH_COLOR;   
  }

So you can use multiple textures for your cloth.
It would however require changing the stat_saiko.dat file, and this would require people to download a new pack for it (somewhat defeating the plugin concept).

So easiest for everyone would be to add mutiple cloth items to the '_plugin.ini' like this:

Code:
cloth_object
{
  pack = "pack/pack_dungeon.bin";

character = "Saiko";
  name      = "Cloth red";

item[0]
  {
    object      = "#plugin/Plugin Name/object_red.obj"; // Object with red texture
    stand_state = "#plugin/Plugin Name/object_state.dat"; // Object standing state
  }
}

cloth_object
{

character = "Saiko";
  name      = "Cloth blue";

item[0]
  {
    object      = "#plugin/Plugin Name/object_blue.obj"; // Object with blue texture
    stand_state = "#plugin/Plugin Name/object_state.dat"; // State can remain the same since only texture changed
  }
}

This allows multiple cloth items to be chosen without the need of having multiple plugin directories.

Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:27 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

xpadmin wrote:
Yes it should be possible to change the texture of the cloth from within the settings menu.

but no way to change bumpmap at runtime ?

------
ok, multiple "same" object in my plugin.

we're ok, that I'll have to "reserve" a bunch of objects for later texture release .
since the texture file path is hardcoded into the .obj file

Code:
  item[0]
  {
    object      = "#plugin/Plugin Name/object_red.obj"; // Object with red texture  // hardcoded path to texture file in it
  }

then my "final" plugin could look like this

Code:
cloth_object
{

character = "Saiko";
  name      = "Cloth red";

item[0]
  {
    object      = "#plugin/Plugin Name/object_red.obj"; // Object with red texture
  }
}

//uncomment (remove /* */) when you have a new braTexture_02.dds
/*
cloth_object
{

character = "Saiko";
  name      = "Cloth 2";

item[0]
  {
    object      = "#plugin/Plugin Name/object_02.obj"; // Object with braTexture_02.dds texture
  }
}
*/

(...)

//uncomment when you have a new braTexture_10.dds
/*
cloth_object
{

character = "Saiko";
  name      = "Cloth red";

item[0]
  {
    object      = "#plugin/Plugin Name/object_10.obj"; // Object with braTexture_10.dds texture
  }
}
*/

Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:01 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

xpadmin wrote:
@laissemoirire

So you can use multiple textures for your cloth.
It would however require changing the stat_saiko.dat file, and this would require people to download a new pack for it (somewhat defeating the plugin concept).
So easiest for everyone would be to add mutiple cloth items to the '_plugin.ini' like this:
This allows multiple cloth items to be chosen without the need of having multiple plugin directories.

But one would need several .obj files to make that work. Considering that more people would be willing to work with flat textures instead of having to get expensive 3-D software just to change some textures, even that solution would be defeating the plugin concept.

If you can't change textures for clothes by just putting them into the plugin's texture folder and then referring to them in the _plugin.ini the whole concept of the plugin folder is kinda defeated.

Artificial Girl and Sexy Beach don't have that much gameplay, but still they were quite successfull - because players were able to edit the sh** out of them without having to use expensive 3rd party software.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:09 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@T0mcat

I understand. We will keep adding more of these features along the run.

When we run into these restrictions I always try to put forward a solution that allows for a quick fix.
It is not perfect about allows for progress.

Meanwhile we try to come up with a more elegant solution.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:26 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

xpadmin wrote:
@T0mcat

When we run into these restrictions I always try to put forward a solution that allows for a quick fix.
It is not perfect but allows for progress.

Nothing wrong with quick fixes :)

Wishful thinking from my side would like to see some kind of in-game editor with which one would be able to change textures for the girls and their clothing on the fly... but having a folder in which to put textures that than take priority over the original textures - without the fancy stuff like immediate preview und suchlike - would be the next best thing (for me).

But I'll guess you'll come up with some nice solution in the end, be it version 4.0 or 5.0 or even later. I can wait... ;)

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:41 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

xpadmin wrote:
@T0mcat

It is not perfect about allows for progress.

the plugin folder was a quick and "basic" solution for the growing interest in modding

the more important thing is : where you want to go.

modding could have been "compress / decompress pack and that's all, just change what already exists, be happy with it".
Today modding is halfway between this and a "create what you want".
You have been to far away in some aspect, and not enough in others.

I understand T0mcat when he talk about Artificial girl, sexy beach or even artificial academy.
when people (like him or me) think about modding (and if they know the illusions games) they think about changing cloth (a lot of cloth) and character custumization.

btw, I happy with the effort you put in this game, continue.

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2