View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Managed to insert tutorial character 
Rank 10
Rank 10

Well I've managed to insert the tutorial character into the Saiko's party mod, but she doesn't do anything. So what now?

Oh yeah, Hi, I'm new.

Attachments:
char_new.jpg
char_new.jpg [ 871.69 KiB | Viewed 24029 times ]
Sat May 23, 2015 4:35 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

nice :D welcome JoeStIdes :D

Sat May 23, 2015 4:47 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

Two interesting updates on here in one day! Fantastic! Keep up the good work mate :-D

Sun May 24, 2015 5:01 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

nice :) Well done.

keep on !

Sun May 24, 2015 10:47 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

Thanks, I probably should have written down what I did so I can tell everyone else, but I figured people had already gotten this far.

Mon May 25, 2015 7:12 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

nobody has or at least not I but not for lack of trying. Can you post how you did it please?

Tue May 26, 2015 11:38 am
Rank 18
Rank 18

@aacewin i agree
@joestides would be cool when you explain us how (write down) easy as possible :D

Tue May 26, 2015 3:57 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

I had some problems and failures which I will detail as I go. I find that when you do things wrong, people will explore those and possibly find other solutions that may be more effective or efficient.

Keep in mind, I'm not really proficient in code. I tend to copy and paste, then make small modifications. I also may not have followed directions correctly as listed in the Creating character Tutorial.

Also your trace

Suggestions and corrections are not only welcomed, but requested as well.

I used Saiko's Party and The char_new Step 7 to convert the character using file maker. Instead of using the template character I went for the finished sample, renaming directories needed as char_new.

Incidentally, when I attempted to load the character into Maya 2016, following the tutorial I got a character that was completely black As seen below.
Attachment:
sample 1.jpg
sample 1.jpg [ 229.55 KiB | Viewed 23170 times ]

I had to place the textures directly into the
Code:
pack\pack_character\sources\scenes\char_new
directory before I got a textured model in Maya.
Attachment:
sample 2.jpg
sample 2.jpg [ 252.97 KiB | Viewed 23170 times ]
I may have followed the directions incorrectly though. I got the same result when following them exactly without using char_new Step 7

I used file maker to convert the new character. As you may know, this takes a bit of time. I did my test set up per the tutorial (don't forget to redirect testini/run_char to the scenes/char_new) and there she is in test set up... so on to putting her in a game.

I used Saiko's Party 0.8, because of the existence of the clones. I first attempted to replace Saiko with her. My motivation was that they seemed the same proportions so maybe the same clothes would fit and the animations might be the same.

I copied and pasted my OBJ and texture files to the corresponding directories for Saiko
Code:
... \scenes\character6
and
Code:
...pack_Saiko_s_Party\scenes\textures
. The mod crashed. When I went to check the trace file, no error was given. I tried it several times, took out some things, left some things... still no dice. I could only use the textures, which did not fit the character. So scratch that.

to be continued...

Tue May 26, 2015 4:21 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

.. continued

So it was off to try and replace one of the clones. Mind you, I haven't tried the following on Saiko herself, only on Laura and it worked.

I read through the "Add character to scene" tutorial and opened up
Code:
\init\std\base\char\char_base.dat
in an editor (I used wordpad)

I scrolled down and found this
Attachment:
sample 3.jpg
sample 3.jpg [ 156.47 KiB | Viewed 23018 times ]

I created a new directory by pasting .pack/pach_character/scenes/char_new into \scenes in the Saiko's party pack directory

Then copy and pasted pack\pack_character\scenes\textures\char_new directory into Saiko's party ..\scenes\textures
directory

Change the name of both pasted char_new directories to character8

Then in Char_base I copied the entirety of saiko's body entry From
Code:
 body[0]
  {
    body_type = SAIKO; ...
all the way to the code that ends right before body [1], pasted it at the end of monicas (body [1]) body code

And modified the top lines like so

Code:
body[2]
  {
    body_type = LAURA;

file_name = "scenes/character8/characterShape.obj";

blush_tex = "scenes/textures/character8/body_blush_jpg.dds";

Noticing that there is no body_blush_jpg.dds in the textures/char_new/ I copied the one from \scenes\textures\character6 (this is Saiko's texture directory)

after saving the char_base, I fired up xstory player to see if it worked. At this point your trace file is your friend. because the road gets bumpy from here. In Saiko's party you choose the option to have both girls and Laura. Remember that because you will do it every time.

By now you notice, that it still is Saiko's clone and not the new character.

The next is to open the init.dat for Laura located at \init\stories\dungeon\chars\laura\init.dat

Where it says
Code:
body_type  = SAIKO;

change to

Code:
body_type  = LAURA;

change this

Code:
skin_tex = "scenes/textures/character6/body_all2_png.dds";

to

Code:
skin_tex = "scenes/textures/character6/body_all_png.dds";

Then quote as follows

Code:

/*cloth_elem[+]
  {
    pose_type    = STAND;
    pose_id      = 0;

cloth_type   = CASUAL;
    show_shoes   = true;
    show_glasses = false;

items[0]
    {
      item  = 0;
      state = "state/Saiko/DressStand_0.dat";
    }

items[1]
    {
      item  = 1;
      state = "state/Saiko/BraStand_0.dat";
    }

items[2]
    {
      item  = 2;
      state = "state/Saiko/PantyStand_0.dat";
    }
  }*/

Code:
 /*cloth_elem[+]
  {
    pose_type    = STAND;
    pose_id      = 0;

cloth_type   = ADRESS;
    show_shoes   = true;
    show_glasses = false;

items[0]
    {
      item  = 3;
      state = "state/Saiko/adressstand_0.dat";
    }
       items[1]
    {
      item  = 1;
      state = "state/Saiko/BraStand_0.dat";
    }

items[2]
    {
      item  = 2;
      state = "state/Saiko/PantyStand_0.dat";
    }
}*/   

Now here's the weird part. For some reason when you attempt to change Saiko's party to include Laura, it crashes. the trace file tells you it's looking for files in places that don't make sense, I'm thinking due to the encoding of the OBJ's

So copy the pack\pack_character\scenes\capture\char_new directory from the tutorial pack and past it into \scenes\capture
in The Saiko's party pack mod.

Then create two new directories inpack_Saiko_s_Party_v08\scenes\textures one called char_template and another called char_new. Then copy (don't cut) the files from the pack_Saiko_s_Party_v08\scenes\textures\character8 directory you made earlier and then paste them into the two new texture directories.

And now go into pack_Saiko_s_Party_v08\scenes\textures\character6 and copy eye_diffuse_brown_jpg.dds into those two new directories.

Fire up xstory player 3, select "Free Sex" then "Saiko's party mod" (I'm assuming you installed the mod already). when it loads select "both & laura" then click apply and there she'll be behind the bed. She'll be dark unless you change here skin color in the "clones" settings.

Wed May 27, 2015 12:49 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

So here are the problems

She doesn't do anything

You can't touch her

If you command all the girls to do something (without clarifying) she will do that, such as kneel or what not. but you can't do anything to here, you'll just run through her.

So there you go.

Also no idea why when I convert her from .MA that it requires eye_diffuse_brown.jpg instead of eye_diffuse_blue.jpg. ended up using the eye_diffuse_brown.jpg from char_template

So I guess my challenges to myself and everyone else are:

1. Get this lady some clothes.
2. Get her interactive
3. Get her some hair
4. Get her some different colored eyes.
4. See if we can get her in a mod all her own.

Wed May 27, 2015 12:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next