View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 About custom models 
Rank 18
Rank 18

@eskarn nice

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:46 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

aacewin wrote:
Honestly I think the ability to use custom models will be what makes this game explode. Everyone has there idea of the perfect woman and if that idea of perfection can be inserted into a game with this much potential we will see the forums become very very active. Again just mho. I will continue to monitor this thread with high hopes!

100% agree, I'm one of those weirdos that spend hours just making custom characters when i find a game that allows it. Spent a few 1000 hours too many playing with DAZ studio over the years, old habbits die hard.

Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:50 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

I'm really surprised the developers haven't focused on making custom models a reality. In my opinion this is WAY more important than creating new stories/updates. Having a library of user created models would breathe new life into this game.

Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:07 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Blurp wrote:
I'm really surprised the developers haven't focused on making custom models a reality. In my opinion this is WAY more important than creating new stories/updates. Having a library of user created models would breathe new life into this game.

it will be available in v4.0. if you read the forum you will find out why

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:19 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Its not an easy thing to learn how to do but getting a custom NPC into the game is easy once you know how

http://wiki.xmoonproductions.org/index.php?title=Tutorial_for_adding_characters

My story is gonna be filled with them

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:51 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

The problem I have with the current pipeline is the dependency upon an Autodesk product. I won't use any Autodesk products even if free. The company has draconian license enforcement policies.

I am hoping for the model pipeline to be FBX based. Preferably with examples in Blender 3D. I use Blender 3D for my UE4 models and it works great.

Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:41 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

I have quite a bit of experience using maya, and would be happy to spend the time porting models. The problem is I wasted a lot of time a few months ago trying to get this to work only to find out the tutorials were incomplete. I'm a bit skeptical that this has been worked out since I have yet to see a screenshot of a custom model imported into the game in an interactive state (i.e. entirely replacing a default model).

Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:42 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Iv gotten that model into my scene and got her to walk around and follow me only problem is she was floating in the air
This was just a quick test to see if i could get it in the game easily

Ill update the tutorial and add in how to do the skin collisions so fluids work and how to get them into a scene(standing on the ground not floating)

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:09 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

So... anything new? :D :lol:

Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5