View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next
 [STORY MOD] Eskarn's Night Out (BETA) 0.8 Update 
Rank 13
Rank 13

Seems that it's impossible to choose a hard drink.

A bit of searching turned up the file ai\nlp\nlp_custom.txt, which appears to map text to choices. There was no mapping to "sprits", which seems to be the term used in the rest of the mod's code. I replaced the drink section with the following, which makes it a bit more flexible:

Code:
#customval = <* beer *>     : beer
#customval = <* ale *>     : beer
#customval = <* stout *>     : beer
#customval = <* lager *>     : beer

#customval = <* spirits *>     : sprits
#customval = <* whiskey *>     : sprits
#customval = <* whisky *>     : sprits
#customval = <* vodka *>       : sprits
#customval = <* bourbon *>     : sprits
#customval = <* scotch *>     : sprits
#customval = <* rum *>     : sprits
#customval = <* cognac *>     : sprits
#customval = <* brandy *>     : sprits
#customval = <* gin *>     : sprits
#customval = <* tequila *>     : sprits

#customval = <* softdrink *>     : softdrink
#customval = <* soda *>     : softdrink
#customval = <* pop *>     : softdrink
#customval = <* cola *>     : softdrink

#customval = <* strawberry milkshake *>     : milkshake
#customval = <* milkshake *>     : milkshake
#customval = <* shake *>     : milkshake

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:08 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Thanny wrote:
Seems that it's impossible to choose a hard drink.

A bit of searching turned up the file ai\nlp\nlp_custom.txt, which appears to map text to choices. There was no mapping to "sprits", which seems to be the term used in the rest of the mod's code. I replaced the drink section with the following, which makes it a bit more flexible:

Thanks i added that to the update

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Eskarn's Dungeon Mod(BETA)

Eskarn's puzzle map (story)

Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:36 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

ok tried again on a complete fresh install on a different computer. Still crashing as soon as I try to enter the elevator in 1st scene. What am I doing wrong? I followed the steps exactly as written in the instructions...

Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:46 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

john_0815 wrote:
ok tried again on a complete fresh install on a different computer. Still crashing as soon as I try to enter the elevator in 1st scene. What am I doing wrong? I followed the steps exactly as written in the instructions...

I have no idea since it does not crash for me

Check the trace.txt file after you launch the game and exit
The version should be Version: (3.5.0020)
if it is lower then you need to update the game

If it is Version: (3.5.0020) then run the mod and check the trace.txt again and send me that

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:34 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

Took a lot of experimenting and finally resorting to cheating (reading the file) and a bit of guesswork, but I finally got the Mutual Domination ending. Never once thought of doing what was required.
That's it, achievement unlocked: Get a life, nerd! (Complete every storyline in Eskarns Night Out)

A couple of storylines don't end after getting the ending. KN Saiko obviously (and with reason, I'm assuming), but some I don't think are supposed to continue - they just leave you standing there. These are usually the failed stories, but some - like Mutual Domination - I'm pretty sure should end (there's nothing to do afterwards, really, and you can repeat the last command over and over and keep getting the end balloon).

I know you said you're not coming back to this, but I think that - good as it is - it could use just one or two bonuses to really cap it off.
After a story is unlocked - with a "good" ending - it should be left open for freeplay with the girl/s from the storyline.
Mutual Domination would allow you to return to the apartment and boss Monica around (she'd still be a bitch and call you Nerd, though).
Monica and Saiko would have both girls as sex-starved maniacs - basically your expanded dungeon, but in the apartment.
Saiko - if you let her spend the night - would basically move in and always be available and loving.
Saikos Night Out... Well, some people might enjoy that kind of domination. I know there's lots of people asking for a riding pose in the Dungeon mods.
Maybe make the bar available as well, as an option. Those bathrooms are going to waste, for a start. Not to mention the bartop, the tables, the "alleyway" outside the bar...

Attachments:
awesomeness.jpg
awesomeness.jpg [ 35.67 KiB | Viewed 13678 times ]
Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:44 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

TechnoDemon wrote:
Took a lot of experimenting and finally resorting to cheating (reading the file) and a bit of guesswork, but I finally got the Mutual Domination ending. Never once thought of doing what was required.
That's it, achievement unlocked: Get a life, nerd! (Complete every storyline in Eskarns Night Out)

A couple of storylines don't end after getting the ending. KN Saiko obviously (and with reason, I'm assuming), but some I don't think are supposed to continue - they just leave you standing there. These are usually the failed stories, but some - like Mutual Domination - I'm pretty sure should end (there's nothing to do afterwards, really, and you can repeat the last command over and over and keep getting the end balloon).

I know you said you're not coming back to this, but I think that - good as it is - it could use just one or two bonuses to really cap it off.
After a story is unlocked - with a "good" ending - it should be left open for freeplay with the girl/s from the storyline.
Mutual Domination would allow you to return to the apartment and boss Monica around (she'd still be a bitch and call you Nerd, though).
Monica and Saiko would have both girls as sex-starved maniacs - basically your expanded dungeon, but in the apartment.
Saiko - if you let her spend the night - would basically move in and always be available and loving.
Saikos Night Out... Well, some people might enjoy that kind of domination. I know there's lots of people asking for a riding pose in the Dungeon mods.
Maybe make the bar available as well, as an option. Those bathrooms are going to waste, for a start. Not to mention the bartop, the tables, the "alleyway" outside the bar...

Yea that part has a tiny little hint hidden then the players thoughts

This is not really a story mod for me but more of a testing grounds to see what i can do
I figured out how to do nice shadows(version 4 will have better lighting so i don't have to bake it into the textures), Add in a new character, changed the players character model and put stuff on the TV

However i failed to do pre planing and a base framework for the girls
I should have had the touch locations an the correct responses aswell as finishing the drinks and a drunk system but there was just so many storylines

So my goal for version 4 is to focus on one character and make it as in depth as possible with a story similar to http://arianeb.com/dategame.htm

1. Figuring out the new material and lighting system and get it looking as good as possible (cant turn lights off or change the time if iv baked shadows and lights into the textures)
2. Make a new character through whatever way i can
3. Make new custom animations for everything
4. New clothing
5. Hire a voice actor (since it it's only one character)
6. Do the proper pre planing and framework

While i could expand on this mod (if anyone wants to go for it) i just don't feel like it is worth it knowing that if i wait for version 4 i can do it much better with less effort

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:20 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

Hey i have a problem when i am in the bar or in the apartement with more than 2 characters the game is very slow and the characters walks very slow.

can anyone look after the problem and make a update or something?

Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:32 pm
Rank 8
Rank 8

Eskarn wrote:

If it is Version: (3.5.0020) then run the mod and check the trace.txt again and send me that

yea it is latest version and trace.txt shows no errors either. It just crashes to desktop with a standard windows error code c0000005. Tried both OpenGL, DirectX, same result. I think it might be some kind of hardware issue but it's happening on two different computers (one of them a laptop)...
could you please provide saved games so I can try whether it is a problem with a particular scene?

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:04 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

can anyone tell me how to become the FRAMED ending?

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:28 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

john_0815 wrote:

yea it is latest version and trace.txt shows no errors either. It just crashes to desktop with a standard windows error code c0000005. Tried both OpenGL, DirectX, same result. I think it might be some kind of hardware issue but it's happening on two different computers (one of them a laptop)...
could you please provide saved games so I can try whether it is a problem with a particular scene?

Could be a hardware thing, I know my laptop runs at like 10fps with only one in the room so 3 npc's would melt it
I don't have any save's but someone who has completed it might be able to post them

FRAMED ending: Group Ending, Fuck Monica and let lance fuck her

ESKARN'S TUTORIALS

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 262 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next