View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Example: Customizable responses 
Rank 12
Rank 12

I am very impressed with the progress. I can't wait to test it out myself^^

Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:51 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

wow, this will open up so many opportunities along with modeling, though i have a feeling i am better at scripting than modeling. i think i will stick with modeling, customization is one of my favorite points in the game.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:27 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

I have some questions as to how this is all going to be done.

• How will someone go about scripting? Will there be a "go to scripter" button in the menu? Will it be a separate application, or are we just going to have to write it in notepad and save it to a specific folder?
  • Going off of the first question, when we are scripting, will it be sort of like actual programming whereby there is a textbox to code, a compiler to make sure there aren't any syntax errors, and a button to run the program? Will there be more than that, less, or something totally different?
  • Will we be able to import our own sounds, textures, etc?
  • Will we be able to put any character in any location? (i.e. put Samantha in the pool, or Latisha in the fitness center)

Oh, and a suggestion if you haven't already done this: When you release the scripting tool(s), could you post a table of what each function does and what the arguments represent/are limited to so we know what all the functions are?

I am so looking forward to the flood of custom scripts that people are going to make with this. I know I'm going to make some!

Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:50 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

-How will someone go about scripting? Will there be a "go to scripter" button in the menu? Will it be a separate application, or are we just going to have to write it in notepad and save it to a specific folder?

You can use any text editor to create/edit the script.
I will post manuals on the forum, on how to create simple scripts, and also how to do more advanced features.
You can create a simple test scene and work from there.

- Going off of the first question, when we are scripting, will it be sort of like actual programming whereby there is a textbox to code, a compiler to make sure there aren't any syntax errors, and a button to run the program? Will there be more than that, less, or something totally different?

You will have feedback on errors. They can be runtime or compile errors. A good approach will be to use a standard script and change that.

- Will we be able to import our own sounds, textures, etc?

Yes, definitely.

- Will we be able to put any character in any location? (i.e. put Samantha in the pool, or Latisha in the fitness center)

Yes

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:56 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

I've thought of a few more to make me even more anxious for the update.

• Will we be able to move ourselves and/or NPC's to other places? (i.e. saying "hey Jenna, let's go to my place" would cause both you and Jenna to appear in the player's apartment).
  • Will there be scripts for the vanilla stories so that even though the stories themselves aren't altered, we can alter perfectly copied scripts that would act out a story? (i.e. alter the chat engine for Tiffany's scene so that when you say "the best way to please a man is oral sex", "the best way to make a man feel pleasure is oral sex", "the best way to please your man is to give him oral sex", you will get the same response as if you were to type "the best way to pleasure a man is oral sex").
  • Will we be able to impart a force on an object programmatically?
  • Can/will we be able to call a function that is dependent on how far the player's penis is inside an NPC?
  • Will the NPC's be able to strip themselves?
  • Will we be able to programmatically make an NPC orgasm?

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:24 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

I think one of the most important features would be a fast compiling and running of the scripts.
If its possible to do a fast try and error approach, more ppl will try to code own scripts.
So maybe its possible to load the script changes on runtime as soon as the script gets changed.

Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:45 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@thenetrebel

The scripts are compiled at runtime, there is not really a notable compile time.

Easiest way to create/change scripts is:

0) Create/change script
1) Start XStoryPlayer in scene mode this way you directly start at latest save.
2) Test if it works (you can compile error in trace.txt and on in a popup), runtime errors are also shown in trace.txt file and popup.
3) Repeat at step 0

You can create you own story packs will all the script and data in it.
So you can take an existing story, change it and make a new pack for it and then distribute it (on the forum e.g.)

Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:10 pm
Rank 3
Rank 3

okay, but would it be possible to make the story player reloading a scene as soon as a script gets changed? (without restarting the whole application)

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:02 pm
Rank 11
Rank 11

Now that's what I call a REPL!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:08 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@thenetrebel

You do not have to exit XStoryPlayer to test new script. A reload of the last save will also work.

N.b.
I personally find it easier to exit XStoryPlayer because switching 3d app with other window apps is not always easy.
But if you work with multiple screens this work-flow may work for you better.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next