View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 How to install 
Rank 15
Rank 15

I was aiming to upgrade my GFX to a GTX 970 (minimum) and buy the occulus if it was around 500€ top.

unfortunately it is not...
I don't know how things are going to be.

I guess we need to wait a bit for the HTC to release the Vive Pre and maybe others .

The CEO of Occulus said that the hardware could not be cheaper for the quality the Rift offers. So we will not see a drop before a long time.

Also I was thinking of buying it because XSP supports it ! So I finally want to see how the final version of this helmet would be with XSP before buying anything :)

Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:09 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Its WAY over priced and even in comparison with what Lucky thought and publicly claimed earlier in the year, its field of vision drops by a shit ton, and its raised to 90Hz. It is more than obvious that SOMETHING went drastically wrong at Oculus. One Word: FACEBOOK. Buy elsewhere, from somewhere else, anyone else.

bartux wrote:
I was aiming to upgrade my GFX to a GTX 970 (minimum) and buy the occulus if it was around 500€ top.

unfortunately it is not...
I don't know how things are going to be.

I guess we need to wait a bit for the HTC to release the Vive Pre and maybe others .

The CEO of Occulus said that the hardware could not be cheaper for the quality the Rift offers. So we will not see a drop before a long time.

Also I was thinking of buying it because XSP supports it ! So I finally want to see how the final version of this helmet would be with XSP before buying anything :)

Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:54 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

The HTC Vive has the same listed specs with regards to screen size and refresh rate, which suggests to me that it will not be significantly cheaper.

I'm also skeptical about the screen resolution. The pixels in the DK2 are very visible, and with only a 20% increase in linear resolution, I'm not sanguine about the public version not having the same problem.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:38 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Yes but with some luck HTC go Google way and aim to sell many instead so litle profit on 1 unit sold not like F*book were they try to get back the money they used in like 1000 ex sold.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:22 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

hope xmoon team would release a support for HTC Vive in this case

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:03 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Hello Admin, i have ordered a CV1 Rift and got a May delivery date.....i wouldn't worry about not enough people having the rift...i think pre-orders are now June or July so they are getting sold fast
It was the rift that first brought me here when you first started development and i have checked back now and then to see all the wonderful stuff being created here.
According to reviews the screen door on CV1 is 99% gone...like you don't know its there...it`s 90hz to make it super smooth to stop VR sickness
Apparently you can`t see the pixels the same as you could with DK2....the CV1 has had some great reviews from people that tried it.

I really hope i can use my CV1 with the game in FIRST PERSON view.

As for the VIVE...i think that will cost more than the Rift...but we will see... they have a release date of Q2 this year

Will you be introducing first person view for the female models?

Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:52 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

So the release date and the pricings are known now, is there any statement if you want to support other VR-Systems?

I will buy a htc Vive because it only costs 100 bucks more than the Rift and it will have better controllers and in long term a better game-support.

Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:50 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

I pre-ordered too. Please Admin , please implement the support for the SDK 1.0(CV1) with the DK2 you already have.
Would love to play XStoryPlayer as the first game when my Rift arrives at the end of march.

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:05 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

I was just playing it. It's great. CV1 is my first rift, so I don't have DK2 background.
It's amazing, really.
Few things that turned out, scale is probably a little off, so girls are really short. I’m 190cm in real life but I was feeling like 230cm.
Mouse pointer hovering close and a little left from actual position, sometimes I was not able to tell what I'm moving, also right portion of menus are outside of mouse coverage.
Positional head tracking is giving me problem, when moving head up & down, doesn’t work at all.
Anyhow thank for your work. I's there any chance that anything from above is going to be fixed?
As probably mouse representation might be a thing when touch is going to be introduced.
:D

Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:30 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@qulkaqulka

Positional tracking should work. Is it enabled in the XStoryPlayer Oculus settings?
The tracker should be at approximately eye-height.

Saiko is pretty short. This is noticeable more with Oculus rift.

What menu item is outside the mouse coverage?

Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next