View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:08 am



Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 XStoryPlayer Modding Challenge 
Author Message
Rank 16
Rank 16

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 pm
Posts: 405
Make a donation off 20USD viewtopic.php?f=21&t=233 :twisted:


Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:55 am
Profile
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 24
skidrow wrote:
Make a donation off 20USD viewtopic.php?f=21&t=233 :twisted:


They should consider distributing only the ressource pack for free. I can convince modders to work on some mods but not if they have to pay 20$ just for modding


Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:46 pm
Profile
Rank 18
Rank 18

Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:46 pm
Posts: 1058
welcome nennycan :D


Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:35 pm
Profile
Rank 5
Rank 5

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:38 am
Posts: 18
Hey xpadmin, maybe you can provide a trial version for the contest and gift the full version to the actual contributors.


Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:20 pm
Profile
Rank 16
Rank 16

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:37 pm
Posts: 405
Aoris wrote:
skidrow wrote:
Make a donation off 20USD viewtopic.php?f=21&t=233 :twisted:


They should consider distributing only the ressource pack for free. I can convince modders to work on some mods but not if they have to pay 20$ just for modding


Making mods for a game you dont like feels pointless.


Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:11 pm
Profile
Rank 1
Rank 1

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:56 am
Posts: 2
tomahawk308 wrote:
welcome nennycan :D


Thank you :P

I was aware of this game since its offbeatr days but it took the modding announcement to tip my interests over! I think you would definitely get more interest if you have a separate trial/version for modders or just a starting *.ma file and some guidelines:)


Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:51 am
Profile
Rank 14
Rank 14

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:18 am
Posts: 140
I think that you need to make it impossible to download mods and other content from the forum, for those who do not have bought the game to use a pirated copy was not able to use them.


Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:14 am
Profile
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 am
Posts: 1844
Like with almost all games, modding is only possible if you have the game (otherwise it is impossible to test the mod).

The modding challenge is not meant to attract new customers, it is a reward for people who already have been modding.


Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:08 pm
Profile
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 24
skidrow wrote:
Making mods for a game you dont like feels pointless.

We're a very tiny community for now. Don't forget porn games are not AAA games. There's still no entry in the contest, no npc models have been done since modding version was released, only few object 3D model and texture.
We need more content to help this community grow and I think that this is why xpadmin created this constest with some nice money price.
If we only restrict modding to people who are modders, who play porn games, who play this porn game, who have to pay 20$ to mod this porn game, we miss some great modding work.


alexlz38 wrote:
I think that you need to make it impossible to download mods and other content from the forum, for those who do not have bought the game to use a pirated copy was not able to use them.

Mods will be on torrent sites, it won't change anything in piracy


Last edited by Aoris on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:12 pm
Profile
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 24
xpadmin wrote:
The modding challenge is not meant to attract new customers, it is a reward for people who already have been modding.


I thought it was meant to add content to the game :(


Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:20 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by X-Moon Productions.