View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Lingerie set : laissemoirire 
Rank 16
Rank 16

after finishing the panty, I will work on monica.

I hope I won't have to much problems adapting the mesh, I fear some distorsions issues.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:37 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

nice :D looking forward :D

Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:48 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

Someguy01 wrote:
Nice indeed. Monica needs this, it looks the exact sort of thing a business "classy, but trashy" lady might wear.

QFT. Monica going braless is something that's bothered me since day 1, especially since "barely a B" Saiko wears a bra that has enough support to keep Hitomi Tanaka's tits in place.
You MUST make this fit Monica!!!

Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:31 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

Very nice work!

Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:33 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

This is exactly what i have wanted in this game, but unfortunately don't have enough skills in modelling. Waiting for panties, it will be cool. Btw could you perhaps make some color change possibility? Or some sort of, for example, black panties with red border?

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:46 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

progress update.

model : finished
UV : seems fine.

next step : draw a texture, and it will be fine !

Attachments:
File comment: work in progress
screenshot1.jpg
screenshot1.jpg [ 270.08 KiB | Viewed 18339 times ]
Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:35 am
Rank 13
Rank 13

Looks great! I wish I was that good at mapping UV's.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:22 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

aacewin wrote:
Looks great! I wish I was that good at mapping UV's.

it's not that hard.

for these kind of mesh shapes, with no cylinder, no real plane... I use automatic mapping (which is generally not recommended)
first step, chose your mesh, "create uv" -> "automatic mapping" (clic the square for options)
- 6 planes (or more planes)
- less distorsion
- scale mode : uniform
create.

you can scale up ALL your UVs, it's not important if they are out of the top right square.

then you have UVs that are not bad.
after that be sure to have symmetry on your UVs, if it's not the case, cut/merge the corresponding part to have something symmetrical.
(the automatic mapping can cut left / right UVs differently)

follow the rule of real life seam: cut your UVs along edge that are seams on real materials.
try and use the unfolding tool on UVs, always replicate your actions to the symmetrical parts. In most cases, unfolding works well, if it's not the case, unfold only a part of a UV shell, or forget about it.
you can try the relax tool, but never on peripheral vertices (it makes them collapse in the center).

when your multiple UV parts seems good, make sure that you still have symmetry :
flip a "left" UV then move it on top on the "right" UV. move UV vertices if necessary to match both perfectly. then reflip your left UV.
(cut a big UV "centered" UV in the middle to be able to flip a side, then re-merge)

after that you can merge (most parts of) your UVs again. after each merge, try the unfolding tool on vertices around the merge edges (unfold exactly the same vertices symmetricaly.
Repeat merge / unfold while it's necessary.

scale down ALL your UVs and move them (if multiple parts) to be in the top right square.
If possible, try to center, it will be much easier to make an half texture then copy/flip (without moving) to match the whole UV.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:25 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

laissemoirire wrote:
it's not that hard.

Could it be even easier, if you had sewing patterns - example - to start with? There should be a few of them available free of charge on the interwebz...

Oh, and when looking for an example, I came up with a page with free graphic patterns, too... might be nice for the texturing part ---> The Pattern Library

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:29 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

T0mcat wrote:
laissemoirire wrote:
it's not that hard.

Could it be even easier, if you had sewing patterns - example - to start with? There should be a few of them available free of charge on the interwebz...

Oh, and when looking for an example, I came up with a page with free graphic patterns, too... might be nice for the texturing part ---> The Pattern Library

Are you talking about UV mapping ? or texturing ?
(sorry, since my english is not perfect I can misunderstand when it's ambiguous (for me))

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next