View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 8
Rank 8

JoeStIdes wrote:
If only complaints about the speed of development could be used to develop games....

Except no one is complaining about development speed. But about being kept in the dark on where it s at.

And complaints could easily be turned into money wgich would help development if a patreon with regulard feedback existed.

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:39 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

This is now starting to feel the same like waiting for HL3...... :lol:

It's like the 5 stages of dying:

DENIAL
ANGER
BARGAINING
DEPRESSION
ACCEPTANCE

From the posts above, I was able to find people in various stages already....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:37 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

What's amaxing to me is how demanding and entitled people can be to someone who is basically building a complete virtual world in their spare time. What has been released so far beats anything large companies with full time staffs have created (in my humble opinion). Personally I'm willing to wait another year or two if necessary to get a really good game. If I could wait for each season of Game of Thrones I can wait a little longer for a game I will spend a lot more time playing. Hell there was a lot more time between the various Fallout games and they had far more people working on them. Personally I'm impressed with what has available so far and the progress in quality and content. All the bitching reminds me why retail can be the worst sector to work in. You can have a perfect day where everthing goes right but it only takes one whiny little jerk to ruin it all. I seriously doubt any of the ones crying about how long it's taking have ever had to deal with this kind of crap in their own lives. Grow up. It will be done when it's done and any time spent informing you of how far along it is takes time away for working on the game. You want instant gratification? Go play candy crush.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:04 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

Most of us just wan't an update on how the project of the next installment/update is going, nothing more, nothing less. I think we as customers have a right to ask for an update on the games development. No matter if the developer is working full-time, part-time or in spare time, we are customers, we payed for a product and we wan't some minor answers. This is a common relationship between a manufacturer and it's consumers.

Also, I think it's fair since i've been promised by the developer that I will be able to play the xstoryplayer 2 stories on xstoryplayer 3.5.

Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:42 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

Gamesman wrote:
What's amaxing to me is how demanding and entitled people can be to someone who is basically building a complete virtual world in their spare time. What has been released so far beats anything large companies with full time staffs have created (in my humble opinion). Personally I'm willing to wait another year or two if necessary to get a really good game. If I could wait for each season of Game of Thrones I can wait a little longer for a game I will spend a lot more time playing. Hell there was a lot more time between the various Fallout games and they had far more people working on them. Personally I'm impressed with what has available so far and the progress in quality and content. All the bitching reminds me why retail can be the worst sector to work in. You can have a perfect day where everthing goes right but it only takes one whiny little jerk to ruin it all. I seriously doubt any of the ones crying about how long it's taking have ever had to deal with this kind of crap in their own lives. Grow up. It will be done when it's done and any time spent informing you of how far along it is takes time away for working on the game. You want instant gratification? Go play candy crush.

Yes, I completely agree with you. It just makes me laugh how heavily demanding people can get! :lol:
And it's not like the developers are obliged to keep to any schedule.
But I have the feeling that the point you made - that people should patiently wait for something that is way better then anything else on the market - is paradoxically also the reason for this "craving" they all have. :lol:
If you want to have a good laugh, humor me and just read older posts trough this topic. You will find it all - denial; anger; bargaining; depression; acceptance....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:24 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

Gamesman wrote:

Did you not even read? Most people are not demanding the product (and those that are are in the wrong and shouldnt be). Most are just asking for some kind of response. Doesnt even need to be about the game. A long period of time without saying anything is bad. It kills the community and make people think the project is dead. Anyways enough with my rant as I stated before I dont mind the long wait and will be happy to wait for as long as it takes for the game.

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:05 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

As I said ,if you actually read my post, time used to reply to questions about progress on the game is time not used to further progress the game. Also it's not like there is a progress bar to give you a reliable picture of how far it is from finished. Often it's 3 steps forward and two steps back.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:41 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Kalell wrote:
Penguino wrote:
weipai wrote:
Is Honey Select the only good game to play while we wait a couple of years for XSP?

Game looks nice,thanks for telling! Do you know where I can buy my copy?
Google is leading me to some scam sites

People outside of Japan can't buy it. You'll have to find somewhere to download it. I got my copy at HDDgames. Be aware that installing it (and other Illusion games) is more complicated than normal. You can also find a lot of mods and character cards for the game at Hongfire (among other places).

For those who want to buy:
https://jlist.com/pcg2016

Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:41 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

I start thinking that this project is dead !. It would be nice to receive updates on progress. Instead, the most complete silence, I agree that rebuilding a game with a new engine takes time ... but at least updating the old stories so as to deceive the waiting. Admin if you are beat a shot

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:14 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

madmax wrote:
I start thinking that this project is dead !. It would be nice to receive updates on progress. Instead, the most complete silence, I agree that rebuilding a game with a new engine takes time ... but at least updating the old stories so as to deceive the waiting. Admin if you are beat a shot

I would love a beta of the new version...hell i even pay for it ;-)

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 84  Next