View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 5
Rank 5

I think house party (although it is focus everything in only one house) its worth a try too.. I mean you cant control the characters like you can control them on xstory players and the graphics still dont get to the same level of xstory players, but it is a good game to play while we wait for xstory players 4. Also people can create their own stories

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:51 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Add a breaking and entering , abduction of a young girl story. :P

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:40 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

Sursista wrote:
These are some of the games that have a quality similar or superior to 'XStory Player'

None of these games comes even close to XSP in terms of physics, object and character manipulation, animations, freedom of gameplay. They look and play dated and old fashioned. Yes its a pity that XSP has been neglected so much by its developers - it could be so much more with just some better modding tools and regular content updates. They decided to create a new game from the ground up instead, losing most of their customer base over the years. Still its the best game of its kind out there. No competition in sight.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:57 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

john_0815 wrote:
Sursista wrote:
These are some of the games that have a quality similar or superior to 'XStory Player'

None of these games comes even close to XSP in terms of physics, object and character manipulation, animations, freedom of gameplay. They look and play dated and old fashioned. Yes its a pity that XSP has been neglected so much by its developers - it could be so much more with just some better modding tools and regular content updates. They decided to create a new game from the ground up instead, losing most of their customer base over the years. Still its the best game of its kind out there. No competition in sight.

Come on ! Again, House party comes somewhat close. Give credit to it lol

Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:35 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

pedrolugan wrote:
john_0815 wrote:
Sursista wrote:

No you dont controll the character more then were he walks.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:20 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

pedrolugan wrote:
john_0815 wrote:
Sursista wrote:

No you dont controll the character more then were he walks.

In House Party, you walk, sit, masturbate, you can use items (camera), give items, and sit in a hot tub. From version 2.0 to 7.6 the game has had substantial updates. It's grown from a house party to include a large back yard, a gazebo, a hot tub and a campfire. The stories continue to get larger and more challenging. New NPC's are also being inserted. Eek Games even adds voices and mocap movements. The story creator even makes creating your own stories easy to create. So, basically, I would say that House Party is a worthy comparison.

How Xmoon decides to handle their project and base is solely up to them. I have version 2, 3, 3.5 and paid for 4.0 in advance. Just from a personal perspective, xpadmin could have continued to add new stories to the 3.5 format as he worked on the new engine (as they did for the Halloween and Christmas dungeons), or even added more positions or characters to the existing stories. I feel relatively sure that the game's popularity would have increased in that time, had they taken the time to do so.

I'm not a fan of Xmoon going radio silent for a year, but, as I said, that was up to them.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

john_0815 wrote:
Sursista wrote:

Go to Patreon and look up Wild Life- an adult RPG. This is a serious contender that is on the way. Finally, an adult game from serious professionals. I can't wait.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:18 pm
Rank 10
Rank 10

Markiner wrote:
john_0815 wrote:
Sursista wrote:

Go to Patreon and look up Wild Life- an adult RPG. This is a serious contender that is on the way. Finally, an adult game from serious professionals. I can't wait.

Looks good, but again...one button Animation...not even close. At least the build I tried. Doupt they have changed that lol.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:26 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

It's not even a game yet, just an intro. Let's see what happens.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:53 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

At this point, my opinion would be abandon the idea of a custom engine and just grab Unity or Unreal4. Fuck, I mean, Just popping in and going, "Yeah we're here" is incredibly discouraging. It's essentially a hiatus before the massive fall of a project.

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 84  Next