View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 84  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Rank 13
Rank 13

xpadmin wrote:
The game is not dead. We do/did have some serious delays due to all kind of design issues and technical problems.

I do not want to get into the details, but the scope of the new game we wanted to develop proved somewhat too big for our small team.

We are currently salvaging the parts of the engine that worked well and scaling down the scope of the game in order to make things more feasible.

Best regards xpadmin

Best news I've heard all year! We believe in you, xpadmin :D

Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:05 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thanks for the reply xpadmin!

Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:16 am
Rank 3
Rank 3

xpadmin wrote:
The game is not dead. We do/did have some serious delays due to all kind of design issues and technical problems.
I do not want to get into the details, but the scope of the new game we wanted to develop proved somewhat too big for our small team.
We are currently salvaging the parts of the engine that worked well and scaling down the scope of the game in order to make things more feasible.
Best regards xpadmin

Excuse me for pointing this out, but, this sounds like something we would actually want some more details about.
1: Admitting to being too ambitious. OK, fine, you've tried to do more than you currently think you can finish. No problem. However, please let us know about the new level of ambition. You have actually laid out some serious claims about what you're trying to achieve, and it may be wise to update the public about your new level of expectations.
2: Hints about changes to the time it took to get a complete product. OK, fine, you've made an effort to deliver on your promises. You're admitting that these promises are now delayed. Please let us know the new estimation on when we may expect a time to delivery, or atleast, a new estimation on when we may expect a more detailed consideration on a new time of delivery.

Listen, I don't really care that you're "failing" at being be the best. I honestly still have a great amount of respect for the software produced so far, since it is of such a great quality and a realization of such a great ambition, that so many (including myself) have found so enjoyable.
All I want is an honest update on the current level of software production, and an honest answer to "when" something can be expected.
Seriously, you have such a great baseline product going, already. Anything done to make this reach the next level is surely worth the effort. Even a fully made and completely failed version would be a step in the right direction (because of the experience made from how to not do it). This game hold so much potential for becoming something great, since it's already such a great software. I'd love to see it succeed.

What I'm trying to say is, I think XPadmin is holding back, and possibly not realizing that most of us would actually do anything we could to support the team in any way possible, despite lack of updates or other possible grudges that may have appeared on this forum. I support this team, despite the challenges they may or may not have faced :) Keep going, I still believe in you!

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:33 pm
Rank 4
Rank 4

It's interesting that there are some people that feels entitled to progress and reports when what you are able to pay for is only what has actually been released, and on top of that you have free reign to all kinds of mods.
I'm just glad to see something in the future. It's not like the world would revolve around what ever happens to this game for anyone except maybe xpadmin.
To be honest, as some people are talking about "the next version" I would think that it was a mistake for xpadmin to say anything at all. Just left the modding people do their thing and then one day out of the blue... New version. That would probably have been better for sanity's sake.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:11 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Well only the dumb ones that paid for future versions of the game I think are still salty, I was smart enough to only pay $20 for the last full release they had and I was and still am very satisfied with the product, the game still holds up. Illusion is putting out some very good games lately people so play that and shut the f up.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:15 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

weipai wrote:
Well only the dumb ones that paid for future versions of the game I think are still salty, I was smart enough to only pay $20 for the last full release they had and I was and still am very satisfied with the product, the game still holds up. Illusion is putting out some very good games lately people so play that and shut the f up.

Speaking of which, I've just played the demo of Playhome - pretty good!

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:38 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Good to hear. I'm sure the scaled back version will be great. Even with needing to scale back.
The community will soon add extra stuff if modding is still possible.

Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:17 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

weipai wrote:

I dropped $40 and I'm not even salty. I walked in when there was already a year since 2.0 came out so I knew what I was getting into.

As far as Illusion is concerned, I do hope they've been getting better at their collision between penis and vagina. For being a sex game, they seemed to have bad clipping, or in the case of Sexy Beach 3, the guys dick just rubbed against the girl without even going in.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:49 am
Rank 7
Rank 7

KotLPL wrote:
Good to hear. I'm sure the scaled back version will be great. Even with needing to scale back.

I hope they will release it this year.
And i agree modding will help the game ,if its implemented well.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:54 am
Rank 8
Rank 8

huffie wrote:
KotLPL wrote:

I hope they will release it this year.
And i agree modding will help the game ,if its implemented well.

Tbh modding should be top priority. This type of games will only survive long term if the community can make it better itself while devs can work on newer versions

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 838 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 84  Next