View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:54 am



Reply to topic  [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next
 Information on development of next version. 
Author Message
Rank 16
Rank 16

Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:54 pm
Posts: 379
Location: United States
didact wrote:
TheMohawkNinja wrote:
UNIT2651 wrote:
a Date of release ?


They still have to code the character creator and the stories, if not other things like new models and such. There is far too much to do to even try to make a guess at when it will be released. Give it another year probably.


You make game development sound complicated. I've done tools like that for gamejams within two days. As for breaking down specifics! Stories aren't that complicated infact its only getting all the information that takes the longest and considering the stories in this game aren't that complicated and rely on the player triggering events that's just a matter of recycling the same template and filling in the necessary information.

However! You can automate that process.

As for ArtPass they've seem to have done the biggest part of it with the scenes and environments, characters depending on the artist can be sculpt, rigged and optimized in a short amount of time compared to large environments along with animations.

Now. The character creator depending on what they are doing if its a series of sliders then that can be easily built and optimize over a few days or a week.


See, now have you used engines like Unity, or do you code everything yourself? I'm used to coding everything myself, and trying to figure a part of a game out mentally and getting it working, even in a very basic 2D space with code that is in no way up to professional standards can still take me days.

Plus, how is the character creator that easy? I've never played with 3D modelling much (if in only due to a hilarious lack of art skills), but I've always been amazed with games that allow you to edit 3D models in-game for character creators and such. That always seemed like it was programatically complicated to do. Is it a lot simpler than I've been thinking it is?


Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:59 pm
Profile
Rank 13
Rank 13
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:59 pm
Posts: 115
Thanks for the update, it looks very nice :D


Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:51 pm
Profile
Rank 15
Rank 15
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 229
Glad to hear some news about the development of the game.


Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:52 pm
Profile
Rank 14
Rank 14
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:14 pm
Posts: 141
I have one important question. I have paid up to version 3.5 so I will need to buy the next version. How Much??


Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:28 pm
Profile
Rank 15
Rank 15
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:26 am
Posts: 229
Just one question, the school is Saint Hubbert? (Tiffany's school)

I hope the main story is good enough.


Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:09 pm
Profile
Rank 9
Rank 9

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:40 pm
Posts: 54
Gamesman wrote:
I have one important question. I have paid up to version 3.5 so I will need to buy the next version. How Much??


I think you pay the left over for the next version. Like if you pay $50 then you pay $20 instead to upgrade...although I haven't upgrade mine yet, so I don't know either.

Other than that, I going to enjoy the version 4 when it is release. The campus is big from the looks and sound of it being posted. Now, just need to wait until I get to dig in the those females. HAHAHAHA.


Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:21 pm
Profile
Rank 3
Rank 3

Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:45 pm
Posts: 9
Piperpeeper wrote:
Gamesman wrote:
I have one important question. I have paid up to version 3.5 so I will need to buy the next version. How Much??


I think you pay the left over for the next version. Like if you pay $50 then you pay $20 instead to upgrade...although I haven't upgrade mine yet, so I don't know either.

Other than that, I going to enjoy the version 4 when it is release. The campus is big from the looks and sound of it being posted. Now, just need to wait until I get to dig in the those females. HAHAHAHA.

I seem to remember there was a way to pay a lot more to get all future versions (or as they say, up to v9.9). Now that I can see there is happening something, I am in the mood to pay a little more just to encourage if nothing else... :)
But I can't seem to find any other payment options than $18 via gaming coin.


Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:14 pm
Profile
Rank 4
Rank 4

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:47 pm
Posts: 11
will you be supporting the vive this time? having played some of the adult vr games i can say now nothing will spring load my wallet faster then vive support.


Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:05 am
Profile
Rank 12
Rank 12

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:02 pm
Posts: 88
TheMohawkNinja wrote:
didact wrote:
You make game development sound complicated. I've done tools like that for gamejams within two days. As for breaking down specifics! Stories aren't that complicated infact its only getting all the information that takes the longest and considering the stories in this game aren't that complicated and rely on the player triggering events that's just a matter of recycling the same template and filling in the necessary information.

However! You can automate that process.

As for ArtPass they've seem to have done the biggest part of it with the scenes and environments, characters depending on the artist can be sculpt, rigged and optimized in a short amount of time compared to large environments along with animations.

Now. The character creator depending on what they are doing if its a series of sliders then that can be easily built and optimize over a few days or a week.


See, now have you used engines like Unity, or do you code everything yourself? I'm used to coding everything myself, and trying to figure a part of a game out mentally and getting it working, even in a very basic 2D space with code that is in no way up to professional standards can still take me days.

Plus, how is the character creator that easy? I've never played with 3D modelling much (if in only due to a hilarious lack of art skills), but I've always been amazed with games that allow you to edit 3D models in-game for character creators and such. That always seemed like it was programatically complicated to do. Is it a lot simpler than I've been thinking it is?

You can ignore that guy. He thinks every part of any game takes a couple days to bang out. Which is why, since he started making those ridiculous claims months ago, he's released XStory equivalents several times over. He must have just forgotten to link to them.


Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:23 am
Profile
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 am
Posts: 1849
.
I like to thank everyone for the compliments!
Putting screenshots out there is somewhat of a risk, and I am very glad people like them :).

Things are far from ready, so please bear with us for some time.
Making things in engines like Unreal and Unity goes (initially) a lot faster for understandable reasons.
Developing a custom engine however is in my opinion still the way to go, if you want to set your game apart from other games.

We will take all suggestions that are given to heart and aim to bring you a great game.
Our only enemy at this time is time itself.


Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:00 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 355 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 36  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by X-Moon Productions.