View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Male body? 
Rank 7
Rank 7

Do you have any plans in adding a male body to the game?
Or some more male body parts?
Because i believe certain sex positons might look a bit weird without seeing my own hand and arm.(like missionary position)?
This is not a "must have" but it would add some more immersion ;)
Also somekind of " to do" list with your future plans for the game would be real nice :)

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

My only issue with not having a body is that it severely limits the field of view. I frequently cannot look down at the "action," because the camera doesn't allow that range of motion.

I assume the reason for this is that the player is actually a disembodied penis, so no chances are taken that the player might be able to see that.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:30 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

The main reason we did not implement an actual body is because we wanted to keep the POV pure.
If players could see "the guy" it would distract them.
But the limited view is indeed a limitation in the gameplay.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:56 am
Rank 7
Rank 7

I don't think the body itself would prove to be too distracting. I myself often find the lack of a body in an FPS game to be jarring, as it does leave the impression that I have no real presence in the world. A visible body is one of the very few things I liked about Duke Nukem Forever. :P

What would be distracting is if you tried to do what Thrixxx did with 3D Sex Villa's first person perspective option, and actually having the camera move with the character's head. Now THAT is distracting, and could potentially cause motion sickness in particularly vigorous scenes.

A visible body though might help to heighten the sense of presence, something important in role playing, especially if you also provided options for the player to select their own name, skintone, and even if they have bodyhair or not, thereby allowing them to visibly place themselves in the game.

However, it should also be considered that this would be a huge undertaking for the developers to do. As nice as the idea is, it would require quite a few additional resources. Aside from the body mesh, there would also need to be clothing meshes for each character type, an animation for the trousers being unzipped, and (worst of all) a complex IK system that would not only allow the character's hands to follow any objects you've picked up (giving the impression they're holding them) but also readjust the legs depending on how low you're crouching.

I only know of one game that went through the trouble of having complex IK controls on an FPS character, and it wasn't exactly executed brilliantly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiYSmiJQnOg

Still, I think it's something worth keeping in mind once the team has more resources available.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:06 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

A male body would be no problem at all games like ArmA 2 have perfect gameplay while having only view fromthe head of the charachters eyes and having a full displayed body if you look down.
Please i beg you please add a male body. Or make it optional

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:25 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

Btw, you can look down further by increasing the field of view to 90.

Unfortunately, you can also clearly see the fact that it's a floating disembodied penis.

Now that I think about it, setting the FOV to 90 seems to have a much stronger effect than setting the FOV to 90 in other FPS games. Are you sure the numerical value shown in the options is accurate?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:49 am
Rank 7
Rank 7

Yes i also played with the FOV setting.
Something around 65 works quiet well.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:59 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

Please please please i say again this is a crucial thing that is missing in this game .
At least try and show us a video in which you would point out the problems.
I bet many could live with the cons of having a male body implented.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:41 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

We will take it under serious consideration

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:04 pm
Rank 12
Rank 12

I actually miss the hands more than the groin :)

Touching a girl's breasts with the mouse cursor somehow seems really artificial. Admittedly it would require some work to make the hands work properly, a disembodied hand like Sexvilla (and practically every other game) uses is not much better. But I guess it could work like the girl's limbs currently work, if you pull the hand the rest follows. So you would be moving a hand to which an arm is attached which just "hangs on". Some kind of inverse kinematics would of course improve the behavior.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]