View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 A basic inventory system. 
Rank 7
Rank 7

Would it be possible to implement a basic inventory system? Basically, whenever you pick up an item that has the "can be taken into a different scene" icon, you would press a key to automatically add it into your inventory. You would then be able to scroll through this inventory using the scroll wheel like how you'd scroll through weapons in an FPS (when in walkabout mode, as the scroll wheel is already in use in grab mode) and then press a key to bring out the item (replacing anything you're currently holding, either force dropping it or switching it back into the inventory depending on the item)

For example, when I was first playing the S&M storyline I kept on taking the sleeping pills to work, only to then realise that it wasn't time to use them yet, so I had to go back home and put them away and then go back to work. And then when it was finally time to use them I had forgotten them, so I had to go back home and get them and go back to work. Same goes for he other storyline when I realised I needed sex toys, which I had left back home. And of course you have to make two trips if you want to bring both of them for double penetration. It brings up a rather amusing mental image of an old man running across an entire city grasping a single dildo, only to then have to run across again holding a giant vibrator the second time.

Btw, I made the fatal mistake of leaving the vibrator in her while I made the second trip back home to get the dildo. I entered her room, and the physics bugged up; the vibrator literally shot out of her vagina, bounced about the room, and then crashed the game.

A simple inventory system would remove the need for the constant back and forth between buildings, would make the later stages of the S&M story a bit less finicky (i'm a perfectionist, I insist on placing the whip back down on the table properly as I know i'm only going to end up accidentally kicking it across the room if I don't), and might also make the gym cleanup a little less tedious if you allow the cans/bottles to be added to your inventory (unless the tedium is intentional).

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:45 am
Rank 7
Rank 7

NTNgear wrote:
Btw, I made the fatal mistake of leaving the vibrator in her while I made the second trip back home to get the dildo. I entered her room, and the physics bugged up; the vibrator literally shot out of her vagina, bounced about the room, and then crashed the game.

Oh my goodness I laughed pretty hard at that... I have some experimenting to do. "Load the cannon!"

But an inventory system would be cool, even if it is minimal, just a few slots plus maybe a slot for story important item (like John the photographer always having his camera with him)

Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:52 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think an inventory has its pro and cons. Knowing what to take and what not also forces you to make decisions.

The fitness clean-up is indeed meant to be difficult in order for the player to get to dislike your boss.

We will think about adding the inventory, maybe two or three slots.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]