View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Inverse Kinematics for Anchor Points on the Model 
Rank 12
Rank 12

Okay, you have your models that are able to be nudged to adjust their position. However, even though you can deform the position a bit it often forces itself into a specific position. ie kneeling standing, sitting, etc.

So, what I am thinking is have the ability to change those anchor points and use some form of IK to allow this to occur naturally. So, when a model is sitting it seems to attach the butt to the object they are sitting on. How about the butt itself be an IK anchor point that can be moved. Or even allow the play to pick them up. It would be awesome if the player could grab them by the hips and lift them up and place them or hold them in the air.

Also, you could do poses that have the ability to attach things to other objects. Like if I grab an arm I should be able to move it to a desk, wall, or bars to make the model hold onto it. This would allow for additional options when posing.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:49 am
Rank 14
Rank 14

I think this thread contains a key issue. IK atachables! This feature together with fbx support and generic controlable objects is what is needed to fire up modding again. It feels like the community is in some kind of stasis, waiting for anything. Those features might unleash the force. ^^

I am really interested in the clamps,chains, spreader bar and stocks source. Those objects maybe contain the key to controlables...

Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]