View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:28 am



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Fundamental Question 
Author Message
Rank 7
Rank 7

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 am
Posts: 31
Oh? New engine. That sounds like a major improvement but as i haven't played around with your modding system because it looks to be a hassle. Please explain what your current NPC programming setup is because i would like to know..


Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:56 pm
Profile
Rank 16
Rank 16
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:47 am
Posts: 348
xpadmin wrote:
For the new engine we are going to use a very innovative and new approach to AI.

If we can pull it off it completely changes the way an NPC is programmed.

It will allow the programmer to build the NPC's desires and character to create new NPC's for a story instead of building large decision trees (that are somewhat static and labour intensive).

More will be revealed in the future.


As an AI nerd, This comment gives me wood :D

If you can turn a tree into a circular plain i will be very impressed and very happy.


Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:41 pm
Profile
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 am
Posts: 1849
@Nautica

The new AI will be able to allow the NPC's to make their own plans based on desires and personality.

Definitely going to be very cool if it works.


Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:57 pm
Profile
Rank 12
Rank 12

Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:34 am
Posts: 82
I would suggest something along the lines of fuzzy logic brains. You could shift the logic zones for each type of input as the NPC learns. Then the various inputs could be adjusted as the logic gets adjusted over time. After studying neural nets and fuzzy logic, I always felt like fuzzy logic had a lot of promise for programmable pattern matching. Better than the black box neural nets. Since with neural nets you never know if you training on noise or data. Fuzzy logic definitely gets rid of the tons of logic required to simulate thinking. It reduces the logic down to a finite amount per character.


Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:00 am
Profile
Rank 7
Rank 7

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 am
Posts: 31
I disagree with that because neural nets need to be trained and this game is a perfect choice because you would only need to record players commands and actions to train the nets and a dungeon is a perfect place for training that and the story modes.


Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:27 am
Profile
Rank 14
Rank 14

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 pm
Posts: 156
Location: #0BADF00D - #FEED1337
xpadmin wrote:
@Nautica

The new AI will be able to allow the NPC's to make their own plans based on desires and personality.

Definitely going to be very cool if it works.


Hmm sounds like what was suggested ;)


Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:55 pm
Profile
Rank 18
Rank 18

Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:46 pm
Posts: 1078
xpadmin wrote:
@Nautica

The new AI will be able to allow the NPC's to make their own plans based on desires and personality.

Definitely going to be very cool if it works.


nice :D


Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:05 pm
Profile
Rank 6
Rank 6

Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:28 pm
Posts: 22
rezzabae wrote:
Well, hello its me again...
Make posing a part of learning, enable the chars to be controlled by the character. Small example:

Player: Push your hands up in the air.
Monica(does something wierd with her hands): This way?
Player: No
Monica: Could you show me what to do?
Player:Yes
Player (Poses the char)
Player:Remember this Pose as "Hands up in the Air"
Monica: Ok, now i know what "Hands up in the Air" looks like.


This is a very clever idea and could lead to all kinds of fun!


Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:04 pm
Profile
Rank 14
Rank 14

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:23 pm
Posts: 156
Location: #0BADF00D - #FEED1337
I also think that was a great idea of mine :D

Most often its the simple things which add replay value to a title. ^^

This combined with some sort of char training will make the game self expanding, the more you play the more sophisticated the interactions will get.


Sun May 15, 2016 1:32 pm
Profile
Rank 15
Rank 15

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:31 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Germany
xpadmin wrote:
@Nautica

The new AI will be able to allow the NPC's to make their own plans based on desires and personality.

Definitely going to be very cool if it works.


And please don't forget to make the NPCs a lot more vocal in the "free play" (= no story) mode. As it is, they behave like automatons, giving nearly no feedback to the player about what's happening to them.


Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:14 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by X-Moon Productions.