View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fundamental Question 
Rank 14
Rank 14

Well, hello its me again...
I have thought about the way interactions from characters are implemented and i ended up with a conclussion.
For the END USER its not flexible at all... The characters do not learn, they only do what was scripted before.

I think the brain should become a brain... Why dont make use of neural networks and chatbots? Instead of scripting the whole behavior of the chars, just give them basic needs and instict. As someone spends some time with a char, the char will develop.

Also make use of text to speech libs to break the silence!

Make posing a part of learning, enable the chars to be controlled by the character. Small example:

Player: Push your hands up in the air.
Monica(does something wierd with her hands): This way?
Player: No
Monica: Could you show me what to do?
Player:Yes
Player (Poses the char)
Player:Remember this Pose as "Hands up in the Air"
Monica: Ok, now i know what "Hands up in the Air" looks like.

Also make behavior learnable. I am to lazy to explaon this with an example, but i am willing to discuss this proposal. ;)

Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:01 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree, the brain needs a lot of improvement.

Learning new poses is an interesting suggestion.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:35 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

Hmm maybe polite requests versus command requests.

She could have more integer and not bool status vars like shy, selfish , submissive, endurance to pain etc that calculates her willing to comply or makes her faint.

Also a dominant side should be developped. When the player character will have all body parts she can slap him.

Maybe she can dominate the player - see Sanguine Debauchery in Skyrim or msex in fallout vegas. Or better: a powerful dom/sub interraction between monica and saiko. Monica trains and punishes saiko on her own will if saiko refuses player.

And she can learn statistically the player's favourite sex type so pulling her head can make her pose for anal instead of bj for example.

Some of my suckjestions :)

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:06 pm
Rank 14
Rank 14

Hm i would like to call them analog values, ^^ That is exactly what i was thinking about. Life is not black or white its greyscale. ;)

Maybe we should brainstorm a list of attributes like loki suggested which should reflect a human mind:
- shy
- selfish
- submissive <-> dominant
- endurance to pain

I would like to add:
- honesty
- greed
- envy
- thoughness
- initiative
- logical <-> emotional
- jealousy
- harmonical
- stubborn

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:43 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Yup.

Good documentation are Illusion games.
However I never felt much playing their games, maybe the npcs were changing their personalities too fast. Starting points seemed useless.

Btw something similar is the Dark dreams. However you knew you just have to beat the hell out of her and voila: slave. A deeper complexity is a must. Maybe she tries to escape.

The dark dreams needs a simple ending: next day at work. Both have to go to work but in a different relationship.
I believe the infinite ending can be better as nights at home and days at work. A suggestion for when it will be implemented in v4.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:05 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

loki wrote:
Yup.

Good documentation are Illusion games.
However I never felt much playing their games, maybe the npcs were changing their personalities too fast. Starting points seemed useless.

Btw something similar is the Dark dreams. However you knew you just have to beat the hell out of her and voila: slave. A deeper complexity is a must. Maybe she tries to escape.

The dark dreams needs a simple ending: next day at work. Both have to go to work but in a different relationship.
I believe the infinite ending can be better as nights at home and days at work. A suggestion for when it will be implemented in v4.

ehh i've played a good amount of illusion games and they don't really have a brain setup. its more of a staged thing. progression through steps. i think what rezzabae is talking about is more of a brain like they have in the sims. the character has "needs" and "personality traits" but no set action path, all decisions are determined based on the stats of those two areas. It's a great system when it works, but hard to balance, as we've seen in sims they'll just get magnetically drawn to certain activities. I'd love to see a system like this implemented in an adult game. As far as I'm aware it has yet to be done.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:43 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

Hmm you are right.
Long ago I was dreaming of AI programming in simple things, trying to get liniar values as explained.

I was the kid that tried anything else than others.

Now I really dont know how Ai is best built.

Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:17 pm
Rank 18
Rank 18

@rezzabae good idea /good points :D

Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:50 pm
Rank 7
Rank 7

loki wrote:
Now I really don't know how Ai is best built.

It's pretty much just a bunch of if statements and they are pretty easy to do, you've got your var and a function and that's pretty much it.

if this action is completed then do this action, if it isn't but action 2 is don't continue.

Most game AI behavior looks like this and this could be considered small when compared to more complicated AI.

Now the thing is suggesting questions is kinda pointless because we don't know if the developers have document this stuff and plan to do it, I think if that area is cleared up your community can begin to create content or suggest things that aren't planned.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:07 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

For the new engine we are going to use a very innovative and new approach to AI.

If we can pull it off it completely changes the way an NPC is programmed.

It will allow the programmer to build the NPC's desires and character to create new NPC's for a story instead of building large decision trees (that are somewhat static and labour intensive).

More will be revealed in the future.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next