View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Disappearing Cum/Urine 
Rank 4
Rank 4

xpadmin wrote:
It is something that happens on some machines under windows 10.
We have not been able to fix it, because on none the machine configurations we tested it on we have been able to reproduce it.
If anyone can find a pattern under which circumstances the issue arises, please let me know using a PM. This info may help us to track it down.

This has NOTHING to do with Windows 10.
For me the same happened on W8. I ran Windows 7 when the game came out (v2) and I have had this issue since W8.

I have a nVidia GTX 650, always with latest drivers and never any problems (with other games).

Maybe you should check your liquid engine. When so many people have problems with it, there is an issue, whether or not you can reproduce it.

For me it works a few seconds and then all of a sudden, the effects vanish just like that.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:25 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

I found a workaround to fix this in windows 10. It works so far, no compatibility mode needed.

Just force the game to use the 32bit version by renaming "x64" folder inside the game folder to something else.

Using the 32bit version, all liquids work fine, no issues so far. Using the 64bit version, liquids tend to break randomly at some point.

Hope it helps to find the issue.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Juanele wrote:
I found a workaround to fix this in windows 10. It works so far, no compatibility mode needed.

Just force the game to use the 32bit version by renaming "x64" folder inside the game folder to something else.

Using the 32bit version, all liquids work fine, no issues so far. Using the 64bit version, liquids tend to break randomly at some point.

Hope it helps to find the issue.

Thank you for forwarding this info! If this workaround works well for other people with same issue I would very much like to know.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:04 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

I have the same issue in windows 10, and the workaround did fix the issue. Thanks Juanele.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:32 pm
Rank 13
Rank 13

That fixed the issue but with the 32 bits exe my mod crash on load :mrgreen: I think it also answer why many people had crashes when loading it :? I have to find a solution :ugeek:

Edit : Found a workaround with 4Gbpatchwhich allow the game to use more memory :mrgreen:

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:30 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Well the fix with renaming the folder x64 to something else worked for me too.

Thanks

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:52 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

yep renaming the x64 folder worked for me too,but my fps drop to 6..not sure if love party 0.5 has anything to do with it..

Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:23 am
Rank 12
Rank 12

I had been using Dungeon EX with the x64 folder disabled and the XStoryPlayer.exe patched with the 4GB Patcher with no problems, but I went to play the game today (it's been a while) and after using fluids a few times the game crashes. It can also crash sometimes when I have more than one girl and try to change clothing. Enabling the x64 folder allows it to work without crashing, but of course the fluids disappear. With the patched exe it's acting like it's running out of RAM, but shouldn't it have the same RAM usage as the x64 exe? I'm really not sure what the problem is, but not having fluids ruins the Dungeon.

Edit: Never mind. Right after posting this I remembered that I had been trying out a ReShade and changed the renderer to DX9. I checked and sure enough I had forgot to switch it back to OpenGL.

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:13 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

Hey guys, I found out the issue/how to fix it.

I recently bought this game and had this same issue, combing the site and my settings for anything to fix it, since it was realllllly bothering me.

If you had my issue, when you pee or cum you see it for about half a second, then the actual particles disappear but you still hear the sounds & surface effects when it lands. Each different type of "fluid" could have about a half second of working particles, then be invisible for the rest of the session.

I was tinkering with some computer settings and found out how to get it to work without fail.

- Launch xstory. At the main menu, open your task manager and go to the "details" tab. Identify the Xstory process, and right click it.
- Click on "Set Affinity". Remove all cores but one (don't pick core 0, that one will lag you the most).
- (Optional) Right click the xstory process again and set the priority to high. Not part of the fix, but this helps make up for an FPS drop using only one core.
- Go back to your game and enjoy fully functional particles (likely a bit laggy depending on your machine).

I think this identifies the issue as being a multi-core problem. I for one wasn't able to rename my x64 folder, because when I went to launch the game I got an error. It only worked with the folder named as x64. I also was not able to change any settings for my game, as I have a geforce 1080 and my only control panel is the "Geforce Experience", which doesn't recognize this as a game obviously. However, this fix has been working great, even for extended periods of play. (apart from an fps drop).

Anyways, hopefully this information helps. I created an account just to post my findings, as I saw combing the forums that there wasn't a full solution in place, and this had been going on for a while.

Brand new windows 10 Alienware Aurora desktop here, if that helps. 8 Cores.

Random observations:
- You must set your affinity to 1 core BEFORE you start using particles for this to work. If you use your particles, experience the bug, THEN change the cores and try again in the same session, the bug will persist. Simply close out of the dungeon and relaunch from the menu. No need to completely restart the game.
- The lower amount of cores you have, the longer you see particles (2 cores lets me see particles for about 1.5 seconds, much longer than all cores)

Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:17 am
Rank 4
Rank 4

xpadmin wrote:
It is something that happens on some machines under windows 10.
We have not been able to fix it, because on none the machine configurations we tested it on we have been able to reproduce it.
If anyone can find a pattern under which circumstances the issue arises, please let me know using a PM. This info may help us to track it down.

Might be because your configurations are bare Windows with vanilla settings, which no actual configurations are.

I can confirm I have had the issue on Windows 7, 8 and 10 AND with three different nVidia cards, on two different computers.

Liquid functions in EVERY other game or program I use. So I'd say it's time to get this debugged.

Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next