View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Random crashes 
Rank 16
Rank 16

TheMohawkNinja wrote:
burning wrote:
TheMohawkNinja wrote:
Well, you are one of the very few that have this issue. I've owned the game since February and have had very few glitches and no crashes.

What is your PC specs? Perhaps the issue is a hardware one.

Also, have you tried to reinstall the game?

Let's see... Windows 8.1 64bit, 8GB ram (G.Skill DDR3, 2 sticks in dual channel), Geforce GTX 760, AMD Phenom II X4 965, and ASRock 970 Extreme4 for the mb.
I've also tried OpenGL and it crashed also. CTD in both cases and totally unrepeatable. I just saved often during the story and it only crashed three times total. I hadn't considered reinstalling, but I'm going to put the installer some place safe and give that a try if it crashes again.

Okay... OS seems fine... plenty of RAM... plenty of processing and graphics power, and I can't imagine the mobo being part of the issue.

Now, you say that it is specifically only when you are having sex, right? It isn't ever crashing outside of a sexual scenario?

I haven't spend a lot of time with it outside of that. 8-) But seriously, not that I've seen.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:42 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

burning wrote:
I haven't spend a lot of time with it outside of that. 8-) But seriously, not that I've seen.

Well then, if the conditions to crash only occur during a particular part of the game, then I would tend to come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with your particular install of the game, and not with the computer (or OS) that it's running on.

Therefore, re-install it, and see if it ever crashes again.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:59 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

TheMohawkNinja wrote:
burning wrote:

Well then, if the conditions to crash only occur during a particular part of the game, then I would tend to come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with your particular install of the game, and not with the computer (or OS) that it's running on.

Therefore, re-install it, and see if it ever crashes again.

I took a look at the shortcut and noticed it pointed to the 32bit version. I'm going to try playing with it pointing to the 64bit version. If it still crashes, then I'll try a reinstall.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:16 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

The next release is a lot more stable. We are using a new integrator for the physics and it really pays off.
I think after the new release these kind of crashes are near to zero.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2