View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Random crashes 
Rank 16
Rank 16

I just bought the game (best. demo. ever.) and I notice it crashes at random times during sex. From other posts here, I see it's been suggested that this is a driver issue. Has it been looked at, or is random crashing just a "feature?"

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:51 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

burning wrote:
I just bought the game (best. demo. ever.) and I notice it crashes at random times during sex. From other posts here, I see it's been suggested that this is a driver issue. Has it been looked at, or is random crashing just a "feature?"

You'd have to get a dev to give you an actual answer, but I would like to point out that since the game won't be updated until (if everything goes as planned) around (and I use the term 'around' loosely) Halloween, chances are that it is getting looked at, but you won't be able to apply a patch until the next update.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:15 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

TheMohawkNinja wrote:
burning wrote:

You'd have to get a dev to give you an actual answer, but I would like to point out that since the game won't be updated until (if everything goes as planned) around (and I use the term 'around' loosely) Halloween, chances are that it is getting looked at, but you won't be able to apply a patch until the next update.

Okay, so my next question would be, is there going to be a real update? It seems that there will be a new game instead, and I'm not sure which answer is most current.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:10 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

burning wrote:
TheMohawkNinja wrote:
burning wrote:

Okay, so my next question would be, is there going to be a real update? It seems that there will be a new game instead, and I'm not sure which answer is most current.

It will be a new update to the game. Currently, we are at XSP 2.1. Originally there was going to be a 2.2, but IIRC, due to the success of the funding campaign, the update will now be the "full" 3.0 update. after this is 4.0, 5.0 and all the way up to 9.0 which will be, to the best of my knowledge, the FULL X STORY PLAYER game.

It appears as if it will be a new game only because the development process is via few and far between massive updates instead of tiny more numerous updates.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:13 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

TheMohawkNinja wrote:
It appears as if it will be a new game only because the development process is via few and far between massive updates instead of tiny more numerous updates.

Well, I saw some posts saying it was a new game, with a paid upgrade from 2.1. As opposed to a free update.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:02 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

burning wrote:
TheMohawkNinja wrote:

Well, I saw some posts saying it was a new game, with a paid upgrade from 2.1. As opposed to a free update.

You will have to pay for it, but you are paying the DIFFERENCE in price.

-The game costs $9 right now.
-When the update comes out it will increase (let's say it costs $15)
-If you have XSP 2.1, would you only pay $6 ($15-$9), else you pay the full $15.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:49 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

TheMohawkNinja wrote:
burning wrote:
TheMohawkNinja wrote:

-If you have XSP 2.1, would you only pay $6 ($15-$9), else you pay the full $15.

That's what I thought. Skipping a bugfix update to release a paid upgrade - even with an upgrade discount - is rather cutthroat. The random crashes aren't frequent enough to ruin my fun, and I'm through the gameplay now anyway, but I don't pay for bugfixes on principle. So disappointed.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:47 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

burning wrote:
TheMohawkNinja wrote:
burning wrote:

That's what I thought. Skipping a bugfix update to release a paid upgrade - even with an upgrade discount - is rather cutthroat. The random crashes aren't frequent enough to ruin my fun, and I'm through the gameplay now anyway, but I don't pay for bugfixes on principle. So disappointed.

Well, you are one of the very few that have this issue. I've owned the game since February and have had very few glitches and no crashes.

What is your PC specs? Perhaps the issue is a hardware one.

Also, have you tried to reinstall the game?

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:32 pm
Rank 16
Rank 16

TheMohawkNinja wrote:
Well, you are one of the very few that have this issue. I've owned the game since February and have had very few glitches and no crashes.

Let's see... Windows 8.1 64bit, 8GB ram (G.Skill DDR3, 2 sticks in dual channel), Geforce GTX 760, AMD Phenom II X4 965, and ASRock 970 Extreme4 for the mb.
I've also tried OpenGL and it crashed also. CTD in both cases and totally unrepeatable. I just saved often during the story and it only crashed three times total. I hadn't considered reinstalling, but I'm going to put the installer some place safe and give that a try if it crashes again.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:15 am
Rank 16
Rank 16

burning wrote:
TheMohawkNinja wrote:

Let's see... Windows 8.1 64bit, 8GB ram (G.Skill DDR3, 2 sticks in dual channel), Geforce GTX 760, AMD Phenom II X4 965, and ASRock 970 Extreme4 for the mb.
I've also tried OpenGL and it crashed also. CTD in both cases and totally unrepeatable. I just saved often during the story and it only crashed three times total. I hadn't considered reinstalling, but I'm going to put the installer some place safe and give that a try if it crashes again.

Okay... OS seems fine... plenty of RAM... plenty of processing and graphics power, and I can't imagine the mobo being part of the issue.

Now, you say that it is specifically only when you are having sex, right? It isn't ever crashing outside of a sexual scenario?

Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next