View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Issues with Save files and crashing 
Rank 1
Rank 1

So I bought the game about 2 hours ago, during my playtime I didn't have any issues. I only have 2 problems really,
when the game starts it takes it 3 full iterations to actually get going, and what I mean by that is say I double click the icon, then itll start, crash, start, crash, start and go ._.
Not a big deal, but I doubt that is meant to happen.
Secondly,
None of my game time was saved, or for that matter saves at all?
Oh and one more issue, the reason why I even bothered posting is because I got through the first story and lost the save because I crashed... I crashed when I was trying to get my sleeping pills to her.
Anyway, I would love some help xD
Or a save file with the sleeping pills story done so I don't have to redo it.
._.
Either way, help with saving would even help
Thanks

Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:59 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

Not sure about the crashing, but the save files are an easy fix. The game doesn't make it very obvious how to load your previous progress.

From the main menu, go into Stories, and then click on the last scene you completed (Usually marked as 'NOW')

Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:13 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

iLoki wrote:
Not sure about the crashing, but the save files are an easy fix. The game doesn't make it very obvious how to load your previous progress.

From the main menu, go into Stories, and then click on the last scene you completed (Usually marked as 'NOW')

Actually, that's just a chapter select.

The game can be saved in 2 ways. Hitting escaped in the city view will bring up a save menu, and hitting L on a map will bring up a save or load option.

Hit continue on the main menu, and the game will load up whichever save file that the settings.ini file. This is usually your last save, but using the stories menu can change this pointer.

If the the continue and load function aren't loading your latest save, your settings.ini file may have been set to read only. Turning off read only in that file's properties menu should fix this problem.

Also check to make sure that none of your save files in the save folder have been set to read only. Set them right if they have been.

HOW TO START MODDING

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]