View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Feeling ripped off, charged twice - no v3.0! 
Rank 2
Rank 2

fixed.

Last edited by vinventure on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:05 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

vinventure check mail you should have a new account id that you can switch out to.

Ps check spam to if it got stuck in spam from sales@xmoonproductions.com (sales@xmoonproductions.com)

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:08 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

How much did you pledge the first time?

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:09 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

skidrow wrote:
vinventure check mail you should have a new account id that you can switch out to.

Ps check spam to if it got stuck in spam from sales@xmoonproductions.com (sales@xmoonproductions.com)

That's not the issue at all, I have an account.

aterrizando wrote:
How much did you pledge the first time?

$12. All I read in the first page here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3419

was:

JohnCrichton wrote:
Can i donate now to get the new one?

xpadmin wrote:
@JohnCrichton

Yes that is still possible. It can be done here.

After donation you will receive a link to the account-manager.

So I went ahead and did just that. I'm more bothered by the fact that I've payed twice for the same thing, being lead to believe it would be an upgrade. I was happy to pay for the upgrade, but now I'm pissed and feel deliberately ripped off.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:17 am
Rank 17
Rank 17

Yes but you get a new account for 3.0, I have one account for 2.1 and a new that I got last night when I pledged 20USD so I can play 3.0.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:20 am
Rank 2
Rank 2

My first pledge of $12 got me an account with 2.1 - when I payed another $10 to "upgrade" I was sent a link to download 2.1, not through the manager. I've received nothing else.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:25 am
Rank 15
Rank 15

12$ has never been enough for 3.0 both in Offbeatr and in Donations it has always been 20$.

You have not been mislead to buying two times, on the same post that you link, xpadmin writes:

Quote:
We will make the official release available on the website later this year/begin next year.
Then people who have version 2 will be able to upgrade for an upgrade fee.

I'm pretty sure that as soon as they can this is going to be solved.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:29 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

>>

Anyone who donated and did not get the account-manager, or if you got the account-manager and the account did not give you access to version 3.0 please contact us in the support section.

It is possible that your account was not updated correctly, by contacting us we will fix this.

There is not intention to ripoff anyone, in all cases this has happened (not so many) it was solved.

Please also reply or edit your post after we fixed this. Otherwise other people might think we are not doing so.

:) Thanks in advance

Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:20 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

I appreciate this being solved in a timely manner, and I'll admit my post was out of frustration. However, I do believe you need to change your system as I can't imagine I will be the only person who runs into this issue, and will be left feeling a bit tricked.

I accept that I made this purchase in haste and it wasn't an informed decision, that's why I completely understood that my initial pledge may not have been enough to receive the old version. Though as I never visited the offbeatr page and instead opted to use the other payment method, I was never informed about exactly what I would receive. The main issue I have, and what I believe you need to address is the fact that I can end up purchasing an old version of your game, through the new account management system, after purchasing the old version of the game.

The flow is as follows:

1. Make a pledge, get an account and access to 2.1 through the account manager.
2. See that v3.0 is "unpurchased"
3. See that there is a "Purchase/Upgrade" button that takes me to a page with little detail beyond what sort of payment I want.
4. Pay, and receive a link to the old NON account manager version of 2.1.

This is what left me feeling swindled. Not looking for an argument, just stating how things went for me.

Again, thanks for solving this quickly :).

Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:14 pm
Rank 17
Rank 17

Edit first post, add Fixed or so in topic :)

Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]