View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 DK2 Patch Causes Crash After Character Select [SOLVED] 
Rank 2
Rank 2

When I install 3.0, and then the Patch 1, the game loads and plays as expected. If I load Patch 2 (for Rift DK2 support), the game loads, and can be switched to and from Rift mode on the menu screen. However, when I select a character, the game goes black momentarily, then crashes.

I've tried switching from DirectX to OpenGL. I've tried reducing the quality setting on the Oculus section of the config screen as well as lowering my quality options on the the standard display section. Thus far nothing has worked. The only way to successfully load the game is to revert to Patch 1 via the Account Manager applet. Any help or insight is appreciated. For reference, I'm running an i7 based machine with an nVidia GeForece 780Ti on Windows 8.1. I am one display driver revision behind due to reports of Rift-related problems with the newest version.

Last edited by BadServo on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:41 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

@BadServo

Please contact us in the support section and send the 'trace.txt' file (located in install directory, see FAQ)

Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:54 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thank you for the prompt reply. My apologies for the slow response, but for some reason I didn't get notified about the reply. I've submitted the trace.txt as requested as a support ticket. Cheers.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:17 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you,

The error does not seem to be DK2 related. We will try to solve it soon.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:28 pm
Rank 2
Rank 2

All issues were resolved by a developer provided patch. Marking thread as solved.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]