View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Dk2 Game works for few seconds 
Rank 1
Rank 1

So I heard that the dk2 was being supported in version 3 and I decided to donate so I could try it out. When I tried playing with the dk2 the game would work for a few seconds and then slow to a stop. Minimizing and then opening the program back up would make it work again for a few seconds and then slow to a stop again. I have a nvidia card and I used my minimizing and maximizing method to open the settings in game and set it to directx, but open pressing ctrl+s I see that it still says opengl. I reinstalled and played the game flawlessly without the dk2. The program opens and when I do ctrl+s it says directx. I played the whole game and then tried to get it working in the rift again. When I reinstalled the dk2 patch I had the same problem as before. Even with directx selected in the settings, it still says opengl when I do ctrl+s. I tried opening the settings.ini file and changing opengl to directx, but even then when I load the game ctrl+s still says opengl. I can get into the freeplay and play the game with the rift and it looks great, but only in about 10 second spurts before having to minimize and maximize and then repeating. I tried lowering the quality and it did nothing as well. So is it a bug that I'm running into or do I not know what I'm doing? I'm assuming its a problem of not being able to switch to directx while using the version of 3.0 that jumps straight into the rift. I should also mention the display mode on the rift is set to access from apps. I installed 3.0 then patch 1 and then patch 2 which is the rift patch.

Thanks for your time. Great game and I hope I can get the rift working while I play it.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:29 am
Rank 5
Rank 5

I'm going to assume you have the dk2 patch installed if you don't do that first. Then try running your dk2 in extended desktop mode. Use windows key+arrow key to move the game on to your rift and F8 to get it in oculus mode. That worked for me. Hour that helps.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:33 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@mikedonahue1986

Please contact us in the support section and send the trace.txt file.
So we can look into the issue.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:43 am
Rank 10
Rank 10

I have a similar problem only for me after tabbing out & back in it works fine again so for me it's not much of an issue.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:49 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

I got it working by switching to extended mode. I figured I'd have to put it in windows mode and windows key+arrow to move it over but it didnt want to go into windows mode either. So I left it in extended mode and then hit windows key+p to switch it so that only the rift was on and then it worked perfectly. Don't know how, but now it works.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:31 pm
Rank 1
Rank 1

I have the same problem, I just bought XstoryPlayer, I updated everything and I am getting slow menu and gameplay (one frame per 4 seconds mouse movement). Immediatelly after I dissconetc the DK2 USB, application starts running again.

My problem is the same as mikedonahue1986 described his problem, but mine cannot be solved by extending the monitor.
I can see the perfect image in the DK2 and on Cmputer screen, but it is so slow, when I connect DK2 USB... Even If I connect it during the game, it slows down the game.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:29 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@rootkit

Please make sure you do not run any other application, browsers, windows while running in DK2 mode.

Also pressing alt-tab can solve the framerate issue.

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:35 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

I am getting the same thing as rootkit and when I try and change my DK2 mode to extended the game launches minimum and will not come out of that

Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:20 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

@arabeta

Oculus rift works in both direct and extended mode, try what works best.

Make absolutely sure that you dont run any windows, browsers, folders while running DK2 mode.

Also pressing alt-tab can help.

To toggle the stereo view press F8.

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:58 am
Rank 1
Rank 1

any ideas about why the game would try and launch in minimized and not go to max?

Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]