View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Version Mismatch 
Rank 5
Rank 5

I'm tyring to install an older version of xstoryplayer to play an old mod not yet updated to 3.5 (the tentacle dreams ex mod), and I got the main, and the 2 patches; but whenever I try to run it; it says version mismatch; I already made a support request here, but in the mean time, I figure I can collab here until I get a response

and yes, I did look through other responses, but they didn't offer the solution that would work with me

Last edited by xpmoderator on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Removed specific URL which contained the user mail address

Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:07 pm
Rank 15
Rank 15

PrullMincher wrote:
I'm tyring to install an older version of xstoryplayer to play an old mod not yet updated to 3.5 (the tentacle dreams ex mod), and I got the main, and the 2 patches; but whenever I try to run it; it says version mismatch; I already made a support request [url=http://www.xmoonproductions.com/support/[/url], but in the mean time, I figure I can collab here until I get a response

and yes, I did look through other responses, but they didn't offer the solution that would work with me

Best response you will get from staff and they will contact you shortly. The error means software protection.

Last edited by xpmoderator on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Removed specific URL which contained the user mail address

Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:06 pm
Rank 5
Rank 5

first part: whoops, I derped on the link, my bad

second part: is there SOME way to run the older version of xstoryplayer without getting that version mismatch message, or is it when xstoryplayer runs, it checks online for something before it runs, to make sure its the current version of whatever; isolate it from the internet somehow, or is this line of questioning going too far?

I just want to play the tentacle dreams ex mod I got which seems it might not be updated anytime soon

Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:09 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

The version mismatch is caused by the DRM. There is no way to fix that besides a new download of version 3.0. It is one of the issues that was fixed in version 3.5

The reason we removed version 3.0 was because a lot of new users started playing version 3.0 and later found out the latest version was 3.5, so they had to reinstall.

Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]